Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did they do? Most of the views they expressed aren't really out of line with Christianity, or half of the WR for that matter. I don't understand why it's become some kind of sticking point from the incident.

Well blacks are the most religious people in America so... Against gay rights and that sort of thing more than any other group too. Except Muslims probably. Two darling groups of liberals. But the white man is racist. As Bill Maher and others have said, they are tolerant of intolerance.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't know that Karl Popper was involved on this subject

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

The paradox of tolerance is a paradox that states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant.

Karl Popper first described it in 1945—expressing the seemingly paradoxical idea that, "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance."

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.

Well blacks are the most religious people in America so... Against gay rights and that sort of thing more than any other group too. Except Muslims probably. Two darling groups of liberals. But the white man is racist. As Bill Maher and others have said, they are tolerant of intolerance.

I know that. It's kind of ironic, but literally every single racial, ethnic and/or religious minority group in the United States is generally more homophobic in their thoughts and attitudes than contemporary white Christians, aside from secular Jews.

Oh, I didn't know that Karl Popper was involved on this subject

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

The paradox of tolerance is a paradox that states that if a society is tolerant without limit, its ability to be tolerant is eventually seized or destroyed by the intolerant.

Karl Popper first described it in 1945—expressing the seemingly paradoxical idea that, "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance."

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. — In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be unwise. But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.
Tolerance is the new Democrats religion. But it's not tolerance for everyone as you state.

If you notice, most of the time when the Left says "just love everyone" , love means tolerance to them. And specifically means tolerance for sexually disordered behavior in LGBTQ. The P is next. And also, included in their meaning for "Love", they mean Social Justice concepts and cultural marxism.

I know that. It's kind of ironic, but literally every single racial, ethnic and/or religious minority group in the United States is generally more homophobic in their thoughts and attitudes than contemporary white Christians, aside from secular Jews.

And Coastal Catholics generally arent bad. Like the Kennedys, Pelosi. Probably AOC. I mean, I didn't even know there was a debate on evolution until I got to college. It was totally foreign to me. Evolution was a fact that nobody questioned.

What did they do? Most of the views they expressed aren't really out of line with Christianity, or half of the WR for that matter. I don't understand why it's become some kind of sticking point from the incident.

What started everything off was the black adults came over to the white children waiting for their bus, and started hurling racial insults at them. They even called the black catholic kids with them naggers.

That started The Whole ordeal. The kids started loud school chants to drown out the hate from the black adults.

Chief Tellum Big Lies saw his moment to create a viral scene, walked over to thebkids, walked right into their group, singled out my avatar and started banging a drum in his face.

The media got the edited clip from the Native American shit starters, and fucking crucified white children on tv and social media.

It was a national disgrace

And Coastal Catholics generally arent bad. Like the Kennedys, Pelosi. Probably AOC. I mean, I didn't even know there was a debate on evolution until I got to college. It was totally foreign to me. Evolution was a fact that nobody questioned.

In catholic school it's thought like the Big Bang theory. Taught as a consensus as our best guess. Both theories have gaps a plenty.

Basically catholic school say these theories are the process of creation.

We always had fun in college when public school plebeians were so far behind in every aspect of academia. It's sad really.

I hope the lawsuit against the media outlets and celebrity leftists scum who peddled this BS story and repeated to peddle it are successful.

The regions and denominations definitely play a huge role, this country has enough subcultures to it in respect that it could really be split into several different countries (@Greoric lol), regions and even states feel entirely different in virtually every way. It's very difficult to paint with such broadstrokes.

North Dakota has more churches per capita (and the first mosque built in the US) than any other state in the nation. It also abolished its sodomy laws criminalizing same-sex activity between consenting adults three whole decades before the SCOTUS struck them down nationwide in 2003 across the remaining 14 that still had them, and a dozen of those still haven't repealed them as of February 2019 even though they're basically unenforceable; just purely out of spite and vehicle for harassment.

The regions and denominations definitely play a huge role, this country has enough subculture to it in respect that it could really be split into several different countries (@Greoric lol), regions and even states feel entirely different in virtually every way. It's very difficult to paint with such broadstrokes.

North Dakota has more churches per capita (and first mosque built in the US) than any other state in the country. It also abolished its sodomy laws criminalizing same-sex activity between consenting adults three whole decades before the SCOTUS struck them down nationwide in 2003 across the remaining 14 which still had them, and a dozen of those still haven't repealed them as of February 2019 even though they're basically unenforceable; just purely out of spite and vehicle for harassment.

I cannot endorse such radicalism anymore. A few extremely great posters on here changed my mind with a wealth of feelings. The US is completely unified with regard to its culture and values, and there's absolutely no chance in hell we would actually split along those cultural lines. Also, those cultural lines which definitely don't exist have nothing to do with socially constructed groups of people. I've come to appreciate we're all just a nice day in the sun away from each other.

The regions and denominations definitely play a huge role, this country has enough subcultures to it in respect that it could really be split into several different countries (@Greoric lol), regions and even states feel entirely different in virtually every way. It's very difficult to paint with such broadstrokes.

North Dakota has more churches per capita (and the first mosque built in the US) than any other state in the country. It also abolished its sodomy laws criminalizing same-sex activity between consenting adults three whole decades before the SCOTUS struck them down nationwide in 2003 across the remaining 14 which still had them, and a dozen of those still haven't repealed them as of February 2019 even though they're basically unenforceable; just purely out of spite and vehicle for harassment.

It's why I can't relate to the angry atheist. Religion has been a nonfactor in my life. I don't even know what my family believes in. It is totally a nonsubject. But I learned that people really were oppressed by it. Like being an atheist in your town or family would be a scandal. I just can so not relate to that.

It's why I can't relate to the angry atheist. Religion has been a nonfactor in my life. I don't even know what my family believes in. It is totally a nonsubject.

This is what you believe in, bro. :cool:

^ Seriously though, one of the best songs and probably the greatest music video of all-time IMO. Now that is representative of American dominated western culture. It's fucking timeless and as relevant as ever.

But I learned that people really were oppressed by it. Like being an atheist in your town or family would be a scandal. I just can so not relate to that.

This is what you believe in, bro. :cool:

^ Seriously though, one of the best songs and probably the greatest music video of all-time IMO. Now that is representative of American dominated western culture. It's fucking timeless and as relevant as ever.

I really like Peter Gabriel. There are many songs I like from different artists whose lyrics I never paid attention to really that ended up really speaking to me. My favorite by him is Sledge Hammer. You could have a steam train, if you just lay down your tracks.

I like this one too and it is similar to Big Time

Nobody knows where you're goin'
Nobody cares where you've been
'Cause you belong to the city
You belong to the night
Livin' in a river of darkness
Beneath the neon lights
You were born in the city
Concrete under your feet
It's in your moves, it's in your blood
You're a man of the street

You can feel it, you can taste it
You can see it, you can face it
You can hear it, hey, you're getting near it, hey
You wanna make it, 'cause you can take it

I don't know if I mentioned this point before but it was by Nassim Taleb from Black Swan. He talks about how to find Black Swans. But how can you find something that by definition is unpredictable? Looking for serendipity basically. He said move to a city. You are more likely to stumble on good fortune there. Get out of a small town and get to places that are alive. Like AZ and shit.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43274/nick-sandmanns-lawyer-plans-sue-nathan-phillips-ashe-schow

Nathan defaced himself and dragged a shit load down with him. Bugger.

Lovely that the psycho black Israelites remain unscathed.

You read DailyWire?

That's a
KQ5R.gif

For you

Wasnt he threatening to sue anyone who mocked him on twitter?

I really like Peter Gabriel. There are many songs I like from different artists whose lyrics I never paid attention to really that ended up really speaking to me. My favorite by him is Sledge Hammer. You could have a steam train, if you just lay down your tracks.

I like this one too and it is similar to Big Time

Nobody knows where you're goin'
Nobody cares where you've been
'Cause you belong to the city
You belong to the night
Livin' in a river of darkness
Beneath the neon lights
You were born in the city
Concrete under your feet
It's in your moves, it's in your blood
You're a man of the street

You can feel it, you can taste it
You can see it, you can face it
You can hear it, hey, you're getting near it, hey
You wanna make it, 'cause you can take it

I don't know if I mentioned this point before but it was by Nassim Taleb from Black Swan. He talks about how to find Black Swans. But how can you find something that by definition is unpredictable? Looking for serendipity basically.

He said move to a city. You are more likely to stumble on good fortune there. Get out of a small town and get to places that are alive. Like AZ and shit.

It's popping, dude. A fuckin trip going from farm boy to a concrete jungle but I like (need?) the large population center, big city living at this point in life. I've mostly talked about it in the context of the university and industrial tech corridor of (Queen) Kyrsten Sinema's district because I live, study and work in the middle of it now. However, most of the high end leisure and luxury is interconnected just a little further north in Scottsdale.

Scottsdale is a city in the eastern part of Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, part of the Greater Phoenix Area. The 2015 population of the city was estimated to be 236,839 according to the U.S. Census Bureau.[5] The New York Times described downtown Scottsdale as "a desert version of Miami's South Beach" and as having "plenty of late night partying and a buzzing hotel scene."[6]

The city of Scottsdale is tied with Atlanta for fourth, after New York City, Las Vegas, and Chicago respectively, as having the most AAA Five-Diamond hotels and resorts in the United States. In 2015, AAA bestowed four such properties in Scottsdale with the highest honor: The Phoenician, The Canyon Suites, Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North, and the Fairmont Princess Resort and Spa.[64] As of 2018, Scottsdale has the highest number of destination spas per capita of any city in the United States.[65]

The region's year-round warm weather and abundant sunshine is a major factor in Scottsdale's tourism appeal. In particular, during the winter, thousands of wealthy tourists from the midwest, the northeast, and Canada (known locally as "snowbirds") flood the area with long-term visits. These tourists, who often practice the same migration routine annually, often end up purchasing second homes in the area.[66]

The Mayo Clinic has one of its three major branches in Scottsdale.[67] This and its resulting effects have made Scottsdale an attractive destination for medical care.[68]

One Scottsdale, a collaboration between Macerich and DMB Associates, aims to be the next luxury retail center for the Phoenix-area. In a three-mile (5 km) radius, the center sees an average household income of $110,292, and its 10-mile (16 km) zone has more households earning over $100,000 than several famous retail destinations, including Bal Harbour, Naples, Aspen, and The Hamptons.[74]

Palmeraie, a 300,000-square-foot (28,000 m2), outdoor mixed-use project planned for the SWC of Indian Bend and Scottsdale Rds, has already received commitments from Hermès, Yves Saint Laurent, and John Varvatos.[75][76]

Scottsdale is home to more than 125 professional art galleries and studios, one of the highest per-capita anywhere in the nation.[84] The city has quickly become a center for art in the United States. According to the Scottsdale Convention & Visitor's Bureau and American Style Magazine, the city has become one of the country's largest art markets, usually only sharing ranks with New York City in terms of commerce generated as a direct result of art sales and purchasing.

There is a massive difference between "contemporary white Christians" and white evangelicals, who are the primary movers and shakers here.

There is a massive difference between "contemporary white Christians" and white evangelicals, who are the primary movers and shakers here.
I wish white evangelicals were the primary movers and shakers. A lot of what's happened since 2008 never would have come about if we had the power in this country.

I cannot endorse such radicalism anymore. A few extremely great posters on here changed my mind with a wealth of feelings. The US is completely unified with regard to its culture and values, and there's absolutely no chance in hell we would actually split along those cultural lines. Also, those cultural lines which definitely don't exist have nothing to do with socially constructed groups of people. I've come to appreciate we're all just a nice day in the sun away from each other.
<{fry}>

<DontBelieve1>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back