Social Tense Encounter Between Covington HS Kids and Nathan Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family of one of the Sandy Hook victims won their defamation case against Alex Jones so there is a precedent, and while what Jones did may have been highly distasteful, he wasn't calling for violence against anyone like people were doing in this Covington case.

The legal definition to win a case like this is that a plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false statement of fact about them and that they suffered harm as a result. So receiving death threats, having your school put on lock down and needing police protection as a result of flat out lies and deliberate misrepresentation about you harassing an old man, certainly meets the criteria.

Not telling the whole story to create a narrative is the same as lying. Those of us still thinking have been seeing it more and more. BBC and CNN are narrative machines, and that's just a nice way of saying propaganda. Time to bring it to the light in a court of law so all the people that keep denying it can wake up.

10 years ago I thought that Fox news should be forced to take the word "news" out of their name; because creating a narrative is not news, it's propaganda. I still see Fox with insurance company shilling and corporate propaganda, so I dont watch that much.. But I do record Tucker now.

Cnn and bbc are worse than fox was, because their viewers aren't as aware of what they are doing. There's no bs wink and nod. People are just accepting their straight propaganda as "world news" and it's frightening.

The family of one of the Sandy Hook victims won their defamation case against Alex Jones so there is a precedent, and while what Jones did may have been highly distasteful, he wasn't calling for violence against anyone like people were doing in this Covington case.

The legal definition to win a case like this is that a plaintiff must prove that the defendant made a false statement of fact about them and that they suffered harm as a result. So receiving death threats, having your school put on lock down and needing police protection as a result of flat out lies and deliberate misrepresentation about you harassing an old man, certainly meets the criteria.

The media outlets in question I'm fairly sure we're not calling for violence against the kids, respectively.

I want CNN to answer in a court of law why they did not show the racist abuse of the black Israelites again at the children when they had the footage. I want it to be shown that they were creating a narrative, and not showing the entire story to paint the kids in a false light.. Which is its own tort and should be a count in the complaint.

Any grown man who believes the mainstream media hatched a plot to try and harm a group of high school kids, knowing the kids had done nothing wrong, should hang his hollow head in shame.

There's also "false light" defamation.

Any grown man who believes the mainstream media hatched a plot to try and harm a group of high school kids, knowing the kids had done nothing wrong, should hang his hollow head in shame.

They used it to push a narrative. It's closer to what you're saying it isn't than what you think.

Can YOU say why all the early reports left out the racist abuse again the children?

The media outlets in question I'm fairly sure we're not calling for violence against the kids, respectively.

No, but they lied which resulted in these kids being doxxed, harassed and threatened, which according to the law is grounds for a defamation case. I'm guessing the individual who were doxxing, calling for violence and making threats (like Cathy Griffin for example) will also face other charges from the defamation suit put forward against media outlets like CNN.

Last edited:
It's not just the media. Kathy Griffin is also on the list and she was calling for the kids to be doxxed and lord knows what else. You'd think she'd have learned her lesson after her last PR nightmare but I guess not.

And don't sleep on these news outlets either. Remember when that guy posted a wrestling gif with Trump's head on one guy clotheslining the CNN logo? They admitted that they threatened to release his name if he did it again. Apparently they believe we are in a gloves off era of discourse and are willing to use their might to crush a nobody just because they can.

No, but they lied which resulted in these kids being doxxed, harassed and threatened, which according to the law is grounds for a defamation case. I'm guessing the individual who were doxxing, calling for violence and making threats (like Cathy Griffin for example) will face a different set of charges from the defamation suit put forward against media outlets like CNN.

I'm not sure only showing part of a story is "lying," but I think it can be showing the kids in a false light.

Some of them were mentioning it...the now shit-show The Daily Show said the kid had a very punchable smirk, even in a segment talking about how the media was wrong about it.

Anyway, I hope they nail them all to the wall and find more of those that spread this shit.

I'm not sure only showing part of a story is "lying," but I think it can be showing the kids in a false light.

They certainly deliberately misrepresented what happened. Plus CNN, MSNBC, NBC, NYTimes, HuffPost etc all reported that the kids were the ones who approached Mr Phillips and were chanting "build the wall", which having seen the full video, we now know categorically was a flat out lie.

If it can be proven that they knowingly spread false information with the intention of causing physical, emotional, or reputational harm, then may they suffer the full consequences of the law.

Freedom of the press, absolutely. But with that freedom comes great responsibility.

The lawyers dont need much to prove since the victims were all minors

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

As much as I think it was wrong for these celebrities to jump the gun, if news media is reporting something and you respond to it, then it turns out to be untrue, should that make you legally responsible? I don't think it should.

Now if a celebrity is using their platform to say you should be doxxed, assaulted, or otherwise harmed, I do think you should face legal consequences for that.

I think the press who falsely reported the incident should be made to pay.

This is gonna be a fun ride to watch, they probably won't get them all but they'll take a few of those idiots to the cleaners at least.

Can YOU say why all the early reports left out the racist abuse again the children?

Two words: Lazy journalism.

There is no way a network runs with a narrative when they KNOW that there is extant audio and video footage publicly available that will incontrovertibly refute that narrative. Only an insane person could believe otherwise. There is zero upside and incalculable downside for the network given such a "plot".

To me, the problem is not "hatching a plot".

Its the 'not investigating' it first.
They literally went off a tweet.
That's not how journalism should work.
That's why they should be financially responsible. Their lack of anything close to investigating the story before airing it.

I'm not sure how this part works legally.
but he is a minor and they showed his face. Shouldn't a minor's face be blurred out without the consent of his parents?

That's why they should be financially responsible. Their lack of anything close to investigating the story before airing it.

I'm not sure how this part works legally.
but he is a minor and they showed his face. Shouldn't a minor's face be blurred out without the consent of his parents?

Even long after the full video came out they were still trying to push their bullshit narrative. They only started backtracking once the backlash became too great and they realized they were probably going to face legal repercussions. CNN staff for example all either deleted tweets or offered retraction pretty much all in unison at the same time, which to me looks like they had a briefing from their higher ups and legal team and were just following orders.

Agree. It is yet another example of what a sad, fucking hack machine the mainstream press has become.

I remember the first little radio snippet I heard on this incident. It said a group of high school kids in MAGA hats had disrupted a sacred Native American drum ceremony. :rolleyes:

I've always wondered why male followers bend over for domineering male leaders. I crack a smile everytime I read someone talking about the "dishonest media".

The level of brainwashing is fantastic, lol at attacking the free press in any form. You fools can't comprehend anything aside from "left" or "right".

He says jump, you say how high (oh and heres my wife).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back