Tennis Thread

ferrisjso

"Melodramatic" Historian
@Gold
Reaction score
Am trying to get back into Tennis and noticed there wasn't a Tennis thread so I decided to create this thread.

Well, very much under the radar, but Novax now has the record for any gender in terms of weeks at number 1.

Novax 380 weeks
Steffi Graf 377
Martina Nvatalove 332.
Serina Willaims 319.
Roger Federer 310.

This despite the powers that be removing him from tournaments for being a huge health risk because he's unvaccinated, and hitting some Karen in the throat with an underhand hit of a tennis ball.

Well, very much under the radar, but Novax now has the record for any gender in terms of weeks at number 1.

Novax 380 weeks
Steffi Graf 377
Martina Nvatalove 332.
Serina Willaims 319.
Roger Federer 310.

This despite the powers that be removing him from tournaments for being a huge health risk because he's unvaccinated, and hitting some Karen in the throat with an underhand hit of a tennis ball.
The GOAT

I think it's between Borg and Djokovic. Borg might have retired early but 16-1 in GS semis(in less than 30 GS's) is fucking wild. And while Djokovic went up against Federer and Nadal, Borg went up against McEnroe, Connors, Vilas and Nastase and often spanked them very badly whereas the big 3s matches tended to be close. Even though he retired at 25 that isn't super young enough in tennis to preclude him.

Djokovic has solidified his standing as the best among the big 3 for sure though. But it's a narrow number 1 though IMO. Still yeah he either has or is very close to having every longevity mark you can think of.

Last edited:
I saw Novax denied playing in the Miami open.

It feels a bit political now. I wonder if Federer or Nadal didn't want to take the shot, would they have been treated the same?

Back