Law Tennessee's anti-critical race theory law has its first complaint filed.

Far left: We will band together and force people to bend to our will through censorship and slander because power is all that matters.
Alt right: Good idea, us too.
Far left: No wait, that's illegal

Far right: We will band together and force people to bend to our will through censorship and slander because power is all that matters.
Left: Dude, that's crazy.
Far right: You did it first!!
Left: Huh?
Far right: We also think lying is good.

I heard from some progressives on twitter how they are going even far that CRT isn't even real nor being taught in schools.

I know. Defunding the police doesn’t mean to defund the police either, I guess. I’m glad nobody falls for that shit. Poisonous ideas should have a spotlight shed on them.

https://www.insider.com/tennessee-complaint-filed-anti-critical-race-theory-law-mlk-book-2021-11
Surprise, surprise - it's over a book teaching about Martin Luther King jr. and the civil rights movement, two books about Ruby Bridges, the first Black student to attend an all-white school in Louisiana in 1960 and another about segregation before the Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court case. Noticeably absent is anything to actually even do with CRT.

"Mom's For Liberty," a conservative group, filed an 11 page complaint. A specific example of what they have a problem with in the books is a photo of segregated water fountains and images showing Black children being blasted with water by firefighters. This is apparently a "slanted obsession with historical mistakes" and shouldn't be taught. They also allege that teaching this history implies "angry, vicious, scary, mean, loud, violent, [rude], and [hateful]' white" people are continuing to oppress black people, so it shouldn't be taught.

This is all by design. A reminder of what the grifter responsible for CRT Mania openly admits:

E3eaeYKWQAQwivH.jpg

Certainly seems like a success. It got decodified and recodified to annex any inconvenient facts Karens don't like. Something tells me Papi Chulo won't be screaming about 1984 over this, though.

Where's the actual legal complaint that was filed? This is just an article complaining about the complaint.

Edit: nevermind, I dug it up for you. There is some merit to the complainant's allegations. What proponents of CRT have done after getting caught trying to teach elementary age White children to hate themselves and their country is to try and obscure the CRT message, remove the title "CRT" and play a more subtle game with emphasis on cherry-picked points in history, and consequently go on liberal news outlets to proclaim, "It's not CRT!"

It wasn't just Martin Luther King Jr, it was several other books as detailed in the complaint. They were very specific as to point out exact pages of the books, days in which the curriculum was in violation, etc.

In the end, the complaint was thrown out for targeting curriculum from the 2020-2021 school year, and the Tennessee Department of Energy said specifically in their response that the complaint was not thrown out due to lack of merit. The response letter is quoted here, "“Please note that in declining to investigate these claims, the department has not made a determination regarding the merits of these allegations. We encourage you to work with the Williamson County School District to resolve the issues and concerns related to your complaint and ensure compliance with state law,”"

Let me know if you need anything else cleared up.

Here's the complaint for reference, given you didn't want to post it

Last edited:
Far right: We will band together and force people to bend to our will through censorship and slander because power is all that matters.
Left: Dude, that's crazy.
Far right: You did it first!!
Left: Huh?
Far right: We also think lying is good.

800 books being banned in Texas as we speak.

Where's the actual legal complaint that was filed? This is just an article complaining about the complaint.

Edit: nevermind, I dug it up for you. There is some merit to the complainant's allegations. What proponents of CRT have done after getting caught trying to teach elementary age White children to hate themselves and their country is to try and obscure the CRT message, remove the title "CRT" and play a more subtle game with emphasis on cherry-picked points in history, and consequently go on liberal news outlets to proclaim, "It's not CRT!"

It wasn't just Martin Luther King Jr, it was several other books as detailed in the complaint. They were very specific as to point out exact pages of the books, days in which the curriculum was in violation, etc.

In the end, the complaint was thrown out for targeting curriculum from the 2020-2021 school year, and the Tennessee Department of Energy said specifically in their response that the complaint was not thrown out due to lack of merit. The response letter is quoted here, "“Please note that in declining to investigate these claims, the department has not made a determination regarding the merits of these allegations. We encourage you to work with the Williamson County School District to resolve the issues and concerns related to your complaint and ensure compliance with state law,”"

owned

I know. Defunding the police doesn’t mean to defund the police either, I guess. I’m glad nobody falls for that shit. Poisonous ideas should have a spotlight shed on them.
Nah, bro, defund the police just means to "reimagine policing" and to have people police themselves, but only if that means mobs of BLM goons burning your stuff down and swarming random cars. If it's someone putting out fires, offering first aid and trying to prevent stores from being burned down, well that's obviously a case of "white vigilantism".

Nah, bro, defund the police just means to "reimagine policing" and to have people police themselves, but only if that means mobs of BLM goons burning your stuff down and swarming random cars. If it's someone putting out fires, offering first aid and trying to prevent stores from being burned down, well that's obviously a case of "white vigilantism".

Well there we have it. I figured this was being misreported. Leftists hate Western Civilization and the white people who built it. CRT and it's mutations are just the latest divisive weapon to tear things down, create chaos, and confer power on the left. They can't build their little marxian paradise if people are happy, comfortable, and confident. They need people afraid. and confused so they can control them.

This very article details attempts by a conservative action group to outlaw a book on the very subject you say should be taught.

You can see how ridiculous the denial is just by looking at the indignation that presents itself whenever a confederate statues is removed.

Why is it so much southern history is rooted in a single five year event that happened a hundred and fifty years ago?

Why are all their heroes men who fought to defend slavery?

Why do they think history will be forgotten in the absence of those monuments?

Why were the vast majority of those statues erected at the birth of Jim Crow, more than a half century after the civil war?

Interesting how the United Daughters of Confederacy are now the Moms For Freedom, and their goals are basically the same.

Well there we have it. I figured this was being misreported. Leftists hate Western Civilization and the white people who built it. CRT and it's mutations are just the latest divisive weapon to tear things down, create chaos, and confer power on the left. They can't build their little marxian paradise if people are happy, comfortable, and confident. They need people afraid. and confused so they can control them.

What percentage of the population would you consider "leftist"?

What do you think their goals are?

CRT = Anything that makes white people feel bad about history, apparently.

That said, not a fan of showing kids graphic racial atrocities before, like, high school. Not sure if that’s the case here. Article doesn’t say, and I’m not digging for it.

Awesome rebuttal.

But here's a quote from the actual source we are discussing:

The 11-page complaint — filed by the Williamson County branch of conservative parents group "Moms for Liberty" — alleged that the book "Martin Luther King Jr and the March on Washington" was among a set of lessons promoting "Anti-American, Anti-White, and Anti-Mexican" teaching at Williamson County Schools, a district south of Nashville.

The conservative group specifically protested a photo of segregated water fountains and images showing Black children being blasted with water by firefighters. The group claimed that an accompanying lesson plan showed a "slanted obsession with historical mistakes" and argued it shouldn't be taught.
https://www.insider.com/tennessee-complaint-filed-anti-critical-race-theory-law-mlk-book-2021-11

Could be a good thing. Conservatives like Roger Stone and Falwell Jr, like watching dudes plow their wives. Could lead to after dinner fun.
Roger stone too? I knew about falwell jr..

What percentage of the population would you consider "leftist"?

What do you think their goals are?

I can't give you an exact percentage because it's complicated. There are a small number of theorists and intellectuals. A somewhat larger number of activists and foot soldiers. And plenty of sympathetic types in all walks of life. Then you have the politicians as well as corporate types and government bureaucrats who ally with them because it's useful.

Their aim is to control society and it's resources, and tell the rest of us how we may live. To do that they must take control of our institutions, sow chaos and division, and make everyone miserable. Happy, confident, and prosperous people aren't looking to hand over control to authoritarians to run their lives. So those people must be broken down with fear and shame so that they will sacrifice whatever is needed to make it stop.

CRT is not meant to teach people to get along or be better. It's designed to make white people ashamed of being white, and non-white people afraid and resentful. It distorts reality with a cherry picked selection of the facts and perversions of the English language.

I can't give you an exact percentage because it's complicated. There are a small number of theorists and intellectuals. A somewhat larger number of activists and foot soldiers. And plenty of sympathetic types in all walks of life. Then you have the politicians as well as corporate types and government bureaucrats who ally with them because it's useful.

Their aim is to control society and it's resources, and tell the rest of us how we may live. To do that they must take control of our institutions, sow chaos and division, and make everyone miserable. Happy, confident, and prosperous people aren't looking to hand over control to authoritarians to run their lives. So those people must be broken down with fear and shame so that they will sacrifice whatever is needed to make it stop.

CRT is not meant to teach people to get along or be better. It's designed to make white people ashamed of being white, and non-white people afraid and resentful. It distorts reality with a cherry picked selection of the facts and perversions of the English language.

I think the percentage of people on the left who care even a little bit about identity politics is pretty small.

I think the way "CRT" is being presented is false, although the actual conservative intended target is very real, and that's any progressive ideas at all. A war is definitely being fought in the schools, which is why conservatives activists are pushing so hard to be heard there. Liberal activists have done this also, there's been a tug of war in schools for as long as there have been schools.

Actual CRT isn't designed to make people get along, it's an intellectual process designed to let you determine if a system is fair. It's completely neutral and doesn't care about specific races, it looks at how the system benefits or limits different races. If white people were being unfairly treated in a system, CRT could help you prove how.

What is called good or evil depends on your perspective, I don't think there are many absolutes here especially regarding things like sexual orientation or abortion. I feel very strongly one way but understand why people would feel differently. I think a woman should have total autonomy over her own body but I can't say with any authority that abortion definitely isn't murder.

I don't think anyone is trying to use the schools to subvert the American will to a nefarious purpose. I think the left is trying to help people who have been victimized for a very long time; some have noble goals, some are misguided and naïve, it's a mess. I know it's a cliché but a strong democracy needs strong conservatives and strong liberals to find the right balance. Some progressive ideas are absolutely too much too fast, and it's good to have reasonable people to hit the brakes when necessary.

I just wish everything wasn't so completely polarized. I hear the disgust when you guys talk about leftists trying to destroy the world and it makes me sad. Not every disagreement has to be life or death, and the opposition shouldn't be a mortal enemy, he's still your countryman.

I do think you could do better than to show 8 year-olds pictures of institutionalized racial violence.

But the complaint couldn't even been investigated, so that article and this thread basically amount to, "people complained. Nothing happened."
Lol.

Also, lefties and their media need to stop repeating the talking point, "Despite critical race theory rarely being taught below graduate level". It's misleading enough that it basically counts as fake news and only serves to illustrate how stupid/dishonest you are.

Only 30 examples have been found that I am aware of out of 97,000 schools. You have a better chance of dying to COVID than being at a school that has CRT level of books in its curriculum. The rights bastardization of what constitutes CRT is the real issue. That is the fake news. American history is NOT CRT.

Am I reading this correctly? They were teaching these lessons to 2nd graders?

Back