TENET (Opens to $20 Million in U.S., Nears $150 Million Globally)

If you have seen TENET, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: December 19, 2019

First Official Trailer for Christopher Nolan's New Espionage Thriller TENET [Updated]

Update: March 19, 2019

Christopher Nolan's Next Movie Casts BlacKkKlansman Actor John David Washington

9A2NvZb.jpg

John David Washington is set to star in Christopher Nolan's next film, THR has confirmed. Nolan's next project will be produced by the Dunkirk director and his partner Emma Thomas. Warner Bros. earlier announced that Nolan's upcoming untitled film will open in Imax on July 17, 2020.

Washington, star of Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman, is also the son of Denzel Washington.

The upcoming project is described as an event film, but nothing else is known about Nolan’s latest venture. The writer-director has a propensity for secrecy, penning his scripts away from any prying eyes. Nolan is also of such a stature that he can attract the actors he wants, package his project with talent and then present it to a studio with what amounts to a simple yes or no question: Are you in or are you out?

Nolan is coming off of the World War II film Dunkirk, which won three Academy Awards and earned the filmmaker his first best director Oscar nomination. The Warner Bros. film grossed $526.9 million globally.

Washington was one of the stars of HBO’s Ballers, but it is was his performance in BlacKkKlansman that earned him leading-man status. In the movie, which earned a best picture nomination, the actor played a police officer who infiltrates the KKK, with the part being dramatic, comedic and even romantic.

Nolan is currently more than 20 years into his filmmaking career. After releasing his $6,000 feature debut, Following, in 1998, he broke out with 2000's Memento, which earned him and his brother, Jonathan Nolan, best screenplay Oscar nominations. He has gone on to carve out a reputation for crafting cerebral blockbusters, which have also included 2002's Insomnia and 2006's The Prestige.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...n-joins-christopher-nolans-next-movie-1195790

Whatever Nolan makes immediately has my interest.

Never saw the Blackkklansman, but I've enjoyed Washington's performance in Ballers.

Update: March 20, 2019

Robert Pattinson in Talks to Join Christopher Nolan's New Event Movie

6ufqCSg.jpg

Following the addition of BlacKkKlansman‘s John David Washington, Collider reports that Robert Pattinson (Good Time) is in talks to star as one of the leads in Academy Award-nominated director Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film for Warner Bros. Pictures.

According to the outlet, a female lead and an older male co-star are currently being cast for the film; however, further details about the plot and characters are still being kept under wraps.

Pattinson is most well known for playing Edward Cullen in The Twilight Saga film series adaptation. He has also appeared in many dramatic roles including the 2010 romantic drama Remember Me, Water for Elephants opposite Reese Witherspoon, the biopic Life, and the critically-acclaimed crime drama Good Time. He will next be seen in the sci-fi feature High Life starring alongside Juliette Binoche and Mia Goth; and in Antonio Campos’ The Devil All the Time.

So why is Nolan’s mysterious new project an event film? That’s because Warner Bros. has treated every post-The Dark Knight Nolan movie as an event film. It’s a strategy that’s largely worked out. Inception made $828 million internationally. Both Interstellar and Dunkirk followed with over half-a-billion each, worldwide. With that kind of record, the “event film” claim isn’t that dubious.

Robert Pattinson in Talks to Join John David Washington in Christopher Nolan's New Movie

Never saw the Blackkklansman, but I've enjoyed Washington's performance in Ballers.

I also know him from Ballers and he has skills and charisma he was good in Blackkklansman but overall the movie was over-hyped it's not that good imo.. but great performance by him and Adam Driver.

He is Danzel's kid.

<{monica}>

Update: March 20, 2019

Robert Pattinson in Talks to Join Christopher Nolan's New Event Movie

6ufqCSg.jpg

Following the addition of BlacKkKlansman‘s John David Washington, Collider reports that Robert Pattinson (Good Time) is in talks to star as one of the leads in Academy Award-nominated director Christopher Nolan’s upcoming film for Warner Bros. Pictures.

According to the outlet, a female lead and an older male co-star are currently being cast for the film; however, further details about the plot and characters are still being kept under wraps.

Pattinson is most well known for playing Edward Cullen in The Twilight Saga film series adaptation. He has also appeared in many dramatic roles including the 2010 romantic drama Remember Me, Water for Elephants opposite Reese Witherspoon, the biopic Life, and the critically-acclaimed crime drama Good Time. He will next be seen in the sci-fi feature High Life starring alongside Juliette Binoche and Mia Goth; and in Antonio Campos’ The Devil All the Time.

So why is Nolan’s mysterious new project an event film? That’s because Warner Bros. has treated every post-The Dark Knight Nolan movie as an event film. It’s a strategy that’s largely worked out. Inception made $828 million internationally. Both Interstellar and Dunkirk followed with over half-a-billion each, worldwide. With that kind of record, the “event film” claim isn’t that dubious.

Robert Pattinson in Talks to Join John David Washington in Christopher Nolan's New Movie
So it turns out that Robert Pattinson is actually a really good actor. I was really impressed with his work in Cosmopolis, Maps to the Stars, and especially The Rover.

I don't much follow Hollywood these days. But anytime Nolan has a new movie coming out, I'm interested.

Was Dunkirk under the whole "Nolan cone of silence" during its production?

I am wondering if this movie will be something I'm interested in as I haven't seen Dunkirk but Interstellar was right down my alley.

Read the Op.
you mean this one?

The upcoming project is described as an event film, but nothing else is known about Nolan’s latest venture. The writer-director has a propensity for secrecy, penning his scripts away from any prying eyes. Nolan is also of such a stature that he can attract the actors he wants, package his project with talent and then present it to a studio with what amounts to a simple yes or no question: Are you in or are you out?

John David Washington was excellent in BlacKKKlansman. Glad to see him getting a big role in Nolan's new movie

I thought Nolan’s next movie was about Dunkirk from the German perspective? Very progressive choice for a German commander in casting John David Washington

Ah! We meet again, Herr Schwarz.

Stop calling me that.

So it turns out that Robert Pattinson is actually a really good actor. I was really impressed with his work in Cosmopolis, Maps to the Stars, and especially The Rover.
Good Time >>>

I never miss a Nolan, so I will check this out; but Dunkirk was a disjointed, pussy-ass excuse for a war film. So my expectations are measured for this one.

Back