Tendonitis

You will probably have to post in his log to get his attention.
Yeah, I know. The same thing happened in my log. He gave some advice and then disappeared, while I asked questions that no one heard. He is like the wind, except with more mass.

OM i take glucosamine/chondroitin 1500/1200mg twice a day...you can take it once a day if you dont have a specific cartilage problem....CISSUS+Vitamin C is what you should really pay attention to because that's what specifically helps with tendinitis...G/C is pretty useless with this specific issue ...I just mentioned it because it's in my overall stack for general well being...

also if u got a question ask it in my log because I dont read every log...esp now...and I dont really read very many threads.....or u can PM me...either way..

I need to up my G/C dosage. And I don't take cissus at all. Thanks for the help.

I've had similar problems OM. I've started really looking at anti-inflammatory supps, like ibuprofen, garlic, etc. I've done a little research and can try to post here later. I'm at work right now.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have been experiencing pain in one of my arms near the elbow which seems to be tendonitis. The recommended course of action is rest, ice, and NSAIDs. flak also gave me some great exercises: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showpost.php?p=20526796&postcount=160

Anyway, I have gone about 1.5 months without doing any upper body exercises (except dips which don't bother me at all). Other than that I haven't really done anything else, because I thought with some rest this thing would go away. However, 2 months into it I am still in pain, and I really want to get back to pushing and pulling. I need to start ice and flak's exercises. And I know a doctor's visit probably wouldn't hurt.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Any other ideas about ways to get over this?

Increase your fish oil intake to a couple of grams of day. The omega-3 fatty acids present in fish have an anti-inflammatory and anticoagulent effect, which helps minimize scar tissue formation caused by pro-inflammatory mediators. Plant sourced omega-3 fatty acids, such as flax oil, do not provide the same medicinal effect as fish sourced omega-3s.

Also, i
ncreasing your consumption of foods containing zinc, manganese, copper, and selenium will also provide the minerals required by enzymes involved in wound repair processes. In other words, they help speed the rate of healing by facilitating optimal enzyme function. Boost up your vitamin C and bioflavonoid intake too since these are also important factors in wound repair. Some people, myself included, have benefited from proline rich protein sources such as gelatin, beef or lamb tendon (yes, I do eat tendon, it's great in Vietnamese meat soups).

Get massages if you can, hit the sauna (or do contast showers), and do various exercises that flush lots of blood through the injured areas to increase nutrient flow to inflamed area. High rep sets (between 20 to 50) with strong springs or bands are good for that.

Labrada makes a product called "Elasti Joint" that worked wonders on my elbow and forearm tendonitis.

It's a little bit pricey, but one of the few things that worked.

Labrada makes a product called "Elasti Joint" that worked wonders on my elbow and forearm tendonitis.
That product is MSM, Glucosamine, and Chondroitin. So I imagine that it could help with joints, but I doubt that it would help with tendinitis.

Increase your fish oil intake to a couple of grams of day. The omega-3 fatty acids present in fish have an anti-inflammatory and anticoagulent effect, which helps minimize scar tissue formation caused by pro-inflammatory mediators. Plant sourced omega-3 fatty acids, such as flax oil, do not provide the same medicinal effect as fish sourced omega-3s.

Also, i
ncreasing your consumption of foods containing zinc, manganese, copper, and selenium will also provide the minerals required by enzymes involved in wound repair processes. In other words, they help speed the rate of healing by facilitating optimal enzyme function. Boost up your vitamin C and bioflavonoid intake too since these are also important factors in wound repair. Some people, myself included, have benefited from proline rich protein sources such as gelatin, beef or lamb tendon (yes, I do eat tendon, it's great in Vietnamese meat soups).

Get massages if you can, hit the sauna (or do contast showers), and do various exercises that flush lots of blood through the injured areas to increase nutrient flow to inflamed area. High rep sets (between 20 to 50) with strong springs or bands are good for that.
Thanks. Lots of good stuff here.

Like magicman I got it from pull-ups, what I did was to cut out pull ups and any type of over head work. 2-3 months later I'm good, but now-a-days I don't do any of the high rep pull ups I did back then. 5x20 pull ups kills ya, but good for conditionin shoulder.

Anyone have any experience with this? I have been experiencing pain in one of my arms near the elbow which seems to be tendonitis. The recommended course of action is rest, ice, and NSAIDs. flak also gave me some great exercises: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showpost.php?p=20526796&postcount=160

Anyway, I have gone about 1.5 months without doing any upper body exercises (except dips which don't bother me at all). Other than that I haven't really done anything else, because I thought with some rest this thing would go away. However, 2 months into it I am still in pain, and I really want to get back to pushing and pulling. I need to start ice and flak's exercises. And I know a doctor's visit probably wouldn't hurt.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Any other ideas about ways to get over this?

I didn't see any references in the thread to compression bandage therapy, osteopathic manipulative therapy, or prolo therapy - all of which have worked great for me.

I didn't see any references in the thread to compression bandage therapy, osteopathic manipulative therapy, or prolo therapy - all of which have worked great for me.
Thanks Newt. There is a lot of information in this thread, I have a lot of homework to do.

Back