Ten Oils and How To Use Them

This is the first negative information I've ever read on flax...

I found coconut oil at the local asian market. It is also available at World Market stores.

This is the first negative information I've ever read on flax...

The only negative is that it's not quite as good as fish oil.

But considering you can't make delicious low carb bread out of fish oil capsules, flax does indeed have its uses.

Nice timing on the bump. I was coming on here to search for this thread to send the link to a friend. Thanks Gordita.

I've heard mixed reports regarding canola lmostly whether it fit the paleo diet (which doesn't pertain to most of us). Personally I use it to pan fry chicken breasts because it has a higher smoke point than olive oil.

Extra virgin coconut oil is EXCELLENT for chicken, have you tried it?

Extra virgin coconut oil is EXCELLENT for chicken, have you tried it?

I make a stir fry with curry and cayenne seasoned chicken, asparagus, red and green bell peppers, and cook all that mess in coconut oil and it's down right divine.

The only negative is that it's not quite as good as fish oil.

But considering you can't make delicious low carb bread out of fish oil capsules, flax does indeed have its uses.

I wouldn't say that's the only negative...it's also pretty susceptible to rancidity and oxidation.

how did mark's daily apple become the holy scripture for so many people on the internets? on some other forum i go to, this dumb whore was talking about how great barefoot running is and then cited mark's daily apple as her source. i read his blog post and it was, quite frankly, crap.

how did mark's daily apple become the holy scripture for so many people on the internets? on some other forum i go to, this dumb whore was talking about how great barefoot running is and then cited mark's daily apple as her source. i read his blog post and it was, quite frankly, crap.

Meh...he certainly doesn't get everything right, but he does have some posts that offer a lot of quality information very concisely, which is especially good for the purposes of forum discussion.

I thought it was also something to do with more ALA as opposed to EPA/DHA.

Back