Tell Ronda that Fedor never avoided any one 10lbs more than him... Complete BS!

Tell Ronda that Fedor never avoided any one 10lbs more than him... Complete BS!

Don't forget to tell Cyborg that Fedor never avoided anyone 10 lbs lighter than him either.

People are always so biased. Cyborg fans say Rousey should go up, Rousey fans say Cyborg should go down. Neither have any reason to change weight for the other - they're not sisters, they don't owe the other anything.

Cyborg has fought at 135, Rousey has fought at 145. Neither is interested in doing it again.

Anyone comparing RR to Fedor should have their tongue cut out with a dull rusty blade. What is this world coming to ? :rolleyes:

How is she going to move up to a weight class that doesn't exist LMAO?

Who's to stop the UFC from creating a catch weight at 140 lbs? When Royce Gracie fought Matt Hughes, Hughes was the champion, and the fight took place at a "non-existent weight" of 175 lbs. Get your facts straight. The fight isn't happening because both Rousey and Cyborg are scared shitless of the other, and both will try their best to get an advantage or the opponent. Too bad for Cyborg since her fame is literally 1% that of Rouseys, so she either has to play ball or fade into obscurity.

Between the Conor sensationalizing, and the Rousey worship, it is difficult to find a legitimate topic on Sherdog these days.
More difficult than usual.

Conor vs. Anderson
Conor vs. GSP
Rousey vs. Royce
Rousey vs. Mighty Mouse
Rousey vs. Serena Williams
Aldo is a can
Fedor's terrible striking
X fighter shit their pants...
And on and on and on.

Just like DC had to move down to fight the UFC champ, Jone Jones; Cyborg has to move down to fight the UFC champ, Ronda Rousey.

If your argument leads you to insist that Jon Jones, Jose Aldo, and GSP are not among the best MMA fighters ever, then something is wrong with your premise.

You are moving the goalposts here, the CLASSIC hallmark of a defeated mind. Skill-wise (for however much skill is in UFC) the fighters you listed are on the all time level.

We are talking about greatness here, however, and that extends beyond simple technical skill/ability. Penn's fatass, Spiedro, and Fedor are simply in a class above the others due to the FACT that they will take a challenge anytime anywhere regardless of weight/weight class/etc.

Who's to stop the UFC from creating a catch weight at 140 lbs? When Royce Gracie fought Matt Hughes, Hughes was the champion, and the fight took place at a "non-existent weight" of 175 lbs. Get your facts straight. The fight isn't happening because both Rousey and Cyborg are scared shitless of the other, and both will try their best to get an advantage or the opponent. Too bad for Cyborg since her fame is literally 1% that of Rouseys, so she either has to play ball or fade into obscurity.

Royce is a legend, Ronda isn't. She doesn't get those advantages.

You are moving the goalposts here, the CLASSIC hallmark of a defeated mind. Skill-wise (for however much skill is in UFC) the fighters you listed are on the all time level.

We are talking about greatness here, however, and that extends beyond simple technical skill/ability. Penn's fatass, Spiedro, and Fedor are simply in a class above the others due to the FACT that they will take a challenge anytime anywhere regardless of weight/weight class/etc.

I did not move any goal posts. In fact, I did not set up any criteria at all by which to judge the greatness of fighters. My premise is that Aldo, Jones, and GSP are three of the top five MMA fighters ever. Any set of criteria that finds those fighters less than great is flawed.

It is an all too common phenomenon that in threads trying to belittle the accomplishments of one fighter end up belittling many fighters. Here we are in another Cyborg vs Ronda thread and in support of a point about Ronda ducking we are being asked to see Jones, Aldo, and GSP in a lesser light? GTFO.

There's actually a 145 lb division in WMMA that Dana refused to bring over to the UFC from strikeforce just so Ronda could have that excuse.

The UFC refused to bring over the 145 division from Strikeforce because it contains one good fighter, who had recently been discredited and suspended for using steroids at the time BW was transferred.

The UFC refused to bring over the 145 division from Strikeforce because it contains one good fighter, who had recently been discredited and suspended for using steroids at the time BW was transferred.

Yet they brought over the BW division which has one "good fighter". Makes sense.

Since when did family supersede major crimes? If a member of my family was a scumbag rapist, I'd be cheering for justice served. Funny how the only time Fedor showed the most emotion on camera was when he was caught backstage raging over his brother getting justice served to him. It's no different from Ronda grandstanding and then acting like an entitled, temperamental 14-year-old playing the victim card to the max. But of course, Fedor hides it far better than Ronda, because he's a better actor (if you've seen Ronda's horrid performances in movies, that's not exactly a hard thing to do). Can I say...EXPOSED?

Wow you're ridiculous. You can't make up "facts" to fit your agenda. We don't know if Aleksander had previous convictions or was a rapist previously to his recent conviction. I know he had a creepy vibe and look to him, you can't just make up slanderous accusations like that and then use it as a way to bash his brother.

Stop trying to make a comparison between Fedor and Ronda where there isn't one, it makes you look pathetic.

Exposed? This is some of the most backwards stuff I've read on sherdog, and that's saying something.

Royce is a legend, Ronda isn't. She doesn't get those advantages.

Are you delusional? Dana White would bend over backwards and kiss her feet if Ronda wanted at this point. If she wanted the Cyborg fight at 140lbs, she'll get it at 140lbs. She said it herself she'd fight Carano at 145lbs and Dana never opposed that idea when they were trying to sign Carano.

The Ronda situation is the same as the Fedor situation. Dana was offering him the biggest contract to fight in the UFC, ball was in his court and he refused, fearing legit competition. Dana would let Rousey fight Cyborg at 140 or 145, Rousey refuses, fearing legit competition.

I did not move any goal posts.

Maybe in your own twisted mind. To the rest of us your deflection was obvious, and I'm speaking for everyone when I say that.

IngaVovchanchyn said:
In fact, I did not set up any criteria at all by which to judge the greatness of fighters.

Yet in your next sentence you are already giving us a ranking of the all time greats. By your own admission you haven't given any criteria so we simply can't take your list seriously and can comfortably throw it out.

IngaVovchanchyn said:
It is an all too common phenomenon that in threads trying to belittle the accomplishments of one fighter end up belittling many fighters.

Hasn't happened here. You are attacking an imagined argument instead of addressing the iron clad points I've made - yet another hallmark of a defeated mind. The coke head, Joe-Zay, and GSPee, are among the most skilled fighters of all time, but their greatness is not at the level of those who actually took fights that were physically disadvantageous for them. Sorry, but that's how greatness works - when you face actual challenges instead of abusing your physical advantages.

How many "Good fighters" does 135 have? All we see is a bunch of individuals who literally would have FAILED in any other endeavor in life (athletic of otherwise) being paraded around as "pro athletes".

Are you delusional? Dana White would bend over backwards and kiss her feet if Ronda wanted at this point. If she wanted the Cyborg fight at 140lbs, she'll get it at 140lbs. She said it herself she'd fight Carano at 145lbs and Dana never opposed that idea when they were trying to sign Carano.

The Ronda situation is the same as the Fedor situation. Dana was offering him the biggest contract to fight in the UFC, ball was in his court and he refused, fearing legit competition. Dana would let Rousey fight Cyborg at 140 or 145, Rousey refuses, fearing legit competition.

LOL Dana isn't letting Cyborg anywhere near Ronda unless she kills herself getting to 135. That's what Ronda wants she dropped to 135 to avoid Cyborg.

Yet they brought over the BW division which has one "good fighter". Makes sense.

Exclude Ronda and Cyborg, who we both agree are good fighters, and the top five bantamweights beat the top five featherweights. As much as people rightly complain about the thinness of bantamweight, featherweight is a true wasteland.

There's actually a 145 lb division in WMMA that Dana refused to bring over to the UFC from strikeforce just so Ronda could have that excuse.

Really? Hadn't Strikeforce already scrapped that division after Cyborg tested positive for anabolic steroids?

Back