Tell me what I am doing to myself

I think you missed the part where I said my carbs/protein are in pretty even balance with a slight bias toward carbs. I eat lots of dead animal :) I just spent like 50$ worth of sashimi just for me like, 20 minutes ago. <3 dead stuff

I think he's taking issue not with your carb/protein balance, but with your fat/everything else balance.

Actually, it's kinda both. The fat intake is low, and the fact that protein intake is less than carbs, even by a little bit, is also wrong. Of course that's just my opinion and you're free to choose any diet you wish.

Let's say you're taking in 2000 kcal/day. I know that's the low end of what you said, but for ease of math that's what I'm using. 20% of that (your fat intake) is 400 kcal, or about 45g of fat. That leaves 1600 kcal which broken down evenly would be 200g protein & 200g carbs. You said you lean toward more carbs, but without knowing exactly how much we'll just say you less than 200g per day protein & over 200g per day carbs. Carbs are not all the same, but in a sense they are and that's the way I prefer to look at it for simplicity. That's the carbohydrate equivalent of about 47 teaspoons of sugar.

Well, the short answer is you are trolling.

I question the sincerity of one who first claims to be ignorant on the intricacies of training and diet, then goes on to say with certainty that he knows his daily caloric intake, as well as the ratio of protein, fats and carbs. You then follow that up with a detailed workout description that details % of VO2 max and shit like that.

The diet and workout look fine to me. I would defintately cut down on the trolling though. It is a sedentary activity and burns few calories.

Actually, it's kinda both. The fat intake is low, and the fact that protein intake is less than carbs, even by a little bit, is also wrong. Of course that's just my opinion and you're free to choose any diet you wish.

Let's say you're taking in 2000 kcal/day. I know that's the low end of what you said, but for ease of math that's what I'm using. 20% of that (your fat intake) is 400 kcal, or about 45g of fat. That leaves 1600 kcal which broken down evenly would be 200g protein & 200g carbs. You said you lean toward more carbs, but without knowing exactly how much we'll just say you less than 200g per day protein & over 200g per day carbs. Carbs are not all the same, but in a sense they are and that's the way I prefer to look at it for simplicity. That's the carbohydrate equivalent of about 47 teaspoons of sugar.

OK. Since I am in a cutting phase (I knew this already I was just measuring people's responses to my regimen in light of people who are advising me in real life), you would say that even so, I should cut down my carb intake? I was under the assumption that you needed a high level of blood glucose levels during exercise and during the recovery period to avoid muscle catabolism and to maintain muscular glycogen -- this is particularly important to me since I don't want to shed too much muscle (I know that when cutting, some muscle loss is unavoidable).

Could I avoid excess muscle catabolism with a very low carb intake, and an increased protein and fat intake?

If you're cutting, it's even more important to up protein & cut carbs. Your body will make glucose/glycogen. If you're eating enough protein, it will use that. If you're not, it will use your muscle. (It's a lot more technical than that makes it sound, but that's the "Idiot's Guide" version)

Too late, I already have a couple.

Back