Tell me Varner doesn't get cut.

There is another thread talking about Chael saying on the post-fight show that he thought Varner was faking. Anyone got an actual quote to verify that? If he really did say that, it was a total douchebag thing to say.

MMAJunkie has an article saying Varner broke two bones AND tore ligaments. He had huge balls to keep trying in that fight. It made me think of Franklin KO'd Liddell with a broken arm. If he hadn't stopped him, there's no way Rich could have continued either.

You can't fake that shit, if Chael actually said that he can go fuck himself.

soldiering through a broken leg, he's not going anywhere. Jamie has completely altered his image. A few years back he was considered heartless. I think that ate at him, because he's been showing nothing BUT heart. I've never been a big fan, but I'll admit, he's more than earning the respect of his peers and the fans.

Good for him.

Great post, I hated him in the WEC but after he had his lowest of the lows and returning to the UFC i've been a huge fan, dude has nothing but heart and ALWAYS brings it.

Great post, I hated him in the WEC but after he had his lowest of the lows and returning to the UFC i've been a huge fan, dude has nothing but heart and ALWAYS brings it.

yeah, it's extremely hard to do anything other than appreciate his determination to change his image. The guy is a stud, and while I don't see him ever touching gold in a significant promotion again, he's an extremely exciting dude, and I hope Dana hangs onto him for a long time. The guy may not have been paying full figures on his dues earlier in his career, but he's more than making up for it now.

Hell, I'd bet even Cowboy - his greatest career rival - applauds the man's turnaround.

No chance, he'll get a final shot to make it right. Tough fucking guy, that was hard to watch.

Back