Tell me Varner doesn't get cut.

Dontevenguess93

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It seems like Dana is pretty high on him saying he is amazingly tough.

I hope he gets another fight. He has had some crazy bad luck but his toughness made me proud to be a Varner fan. War Varner!

He isn't getting cut. Dana loves him some JB and Varner always brings it.

He wont man, exciting guy and swinging for the fences with a destroyed foot.

He won't. Dana speifically mentioned him in his interview with Ariel. He appreciates that continued fighting.

he better not get cut. brings it every fight!

Reminds me a bit of his comments when Dan Hardy went on his slump. I don't think Varner's going anywhere.

Last edited:
Varner is an exciting as hell fighter. His fight vs Guillard and his fight vs Trujillo were very entertaining. The dude injured his foot and lost as a result. It would be very lame to cut a guy after an unfortunate injury like that but continue to allow another "entertaining" guy like Dan Hardy fight even after losing 4 decisive fights in a row.

He won't. Dana speifically mentioned him in his interview with Ariel. He appreciates that continued fighting.

Actually that is the dumbest thing he could've done. He could've damaged his foot so bad it will never be the same and for what? Stupidity at it's finest.:rolleyes:

There is another thread talking about Chael saying on the post-fight show that he thought Varner was faking. Anyone got an actual quote to verify that? If he really did say that, it was a total douchebag thing to say.

MMAJunkie has an article saying Varner broke two bones AND tore ligaments. He had huge balls to keep trying in that fight. It made me think of Franklin KO'd Liddell with a broken arm. If he hadn't stopped him, there's no way Rich could have continued either.

Varner has a fan friendly style,his job is safe for now.

I hope so, but I see no reason for it.

He won't. Been too damn fun watching the guy. You could even tell from Dna's comments last night

Actually that is the dumbest thing he could've done. He could've damaged his foot so bad it will never be the same and for what? Stupidity at it's finest.:rolleyes:

It's his choice, what are you rolling your eyes about cuz

If he lost decisively, you could make an argument to let him go. Exciting or not, if the guy cannot compete at a top lvl anymore, he shouldn't be allowed to continue to fight under the UFC banner (at least IMO). But to cut him for something that wasn't his fault would just be lame.

Poor Jamie. Judges didn't like him against Tibau, was beating the shit out of Trujillo before getting KOd, and now this.

soldiering through a broken leg, he's not going anywhere. Jamie has completely altered his image. A few years back he was considered heartless. I think that ate at him, because he's been showing nothing BUT heart. I've never been a big fan, but I'll admit, he's more than earning the respect of his peers and the fans.

Good for him.

There is another thread talking about Chael saying on the post-fight show that he thought Varner was faking. Anyone got an actual quote to verify that? If he really did say that, it was a total douchebag thing to say.

MMAJunkie has an article saying Varner broke two bones AND tore ligaments. He had huge balls to keep trying in that fight. It made me think of Franklin KO'd Liddell with a broken arm. If he hadn't stopped him, there's no way Rich could have continued either.

No quote, but I think this is the footage:

http://themmacorner.com/2014/05/25/ufc-173-james-krause-vs-jamie-varner-full-fight-video-highlights/

[YT]E4sqUw8pqXc[/YT]

Last edited:
soldiering through a broken leg, he's not going anywhere. Jamie has completely altered his image. A few years back he was considered heartless. I think that ate at him, because he's been showing nothing BUT heart. I've never been a big fan, but I'll admit, he's more than earning the respect of his peers and the fans.

Good for him.

+1

I thought he took the easy way out in the WEC fight where he didn't continue (cowboy I think?)

Anyway, after last night I will never question Varner's heart again, that dude has brass balls.

Varner pretty much saved 169 from having a total of 0 enjoyable fights on his own so he should have a job for life

Back