Tell me again exactly WHY Sherdog thought Perry was DEF KO'ing Alan ???

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tony Ferguson, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Tony Ferguson

Tony Ferguson Green Belt

just an honest question

Jouban was obviously the better fighter coming into this bout -- more experience, more tools, outstanding kick game etc .. Yet the popular opinion was how everyone was gonna be laughing when Mike Perry definitely knocked him out?

Do you guys really let who you like determine who you think wins a fight, or what is it exactly?

Perry is obviously still very green and there's nothing wrong with that, he's only 9-0.. Some of you guys expect every fighter to be Conor & simply not lose on their way to the top, and that's just not realistic .. Every fighter needs loss to grow, I like Perry as well but I'm not stupid so I realized he needed to take an L to really reach his full potential & that Alan was the perfect one to teach him that lesson

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  2. M Raid K

M Raid K Black Belt

Because Jouban is normally an offensive slugger who's all down for a firefight, and that was Perry's best opportunity. He fought patiently, circled off the fence, for the most part avoided brawling - did all things many didn't expect from him.

Tony Ferguson likes this.
  3. Tony Ferguson

Tony Ferguson Green Belt

then they haven't really ever watched him fight.. Alan isn't just some brawler like you're trying to make it seem bud lol if anyone thought he was, I don't know why, he did exactly what should've been expected of him