Tell me about Train Judo...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I know Quincy "Spice" Rice is no longer with us but mad respect the dude had a bit of a cult following and was colorful in some ways.

Few things I wonder is, his beef with BJJ? Why he didn't continue his MMA? What was his vices that got him? His incident with Eddie Bravo?

Did he post here? I only knew him from the UG. And I forgot everything I knew about him.

Your thread title sounds like how a Brazilian would ask about judo classes.

Oh wait, is that the "Stand up, bitch!" guy? I never knew him beyond that video. I liked the cut of his jib, though.

I actually knew Quincy. He had nothing against BJJ, he was a proud internet troll, he would bash BJJ just to get a reaction from people. He actually was much more of a wrestler than he was a Judo guy. He didn't learn judo until his mid twenties. His Judo instructor was the late Walter Lamb, who was a really good guy, and was like a father figure to Quincy, so out of respect to Walter, he took the name train Judo. Quincy really did like the martial art of Judo, however, I don't think he was thrilled with the sport aspect of it.

Oh wait, is that the "Stand up, bitch!" guy? I never knew him beyond that video. I liked the cut of his jib, though.

That's him:

I actually knew Quincy. He had nothing against BJJ, he was a proud internet troll, he would bash BJJ just to get a reaction from people. He actually was much more of a wrestler than he was a Judo guy. He didn't learn judo until his mid twenties. His Judo instructor was the late Walter Lamb, who was a really good guy, and was like a father figure to Quincy, so out of respect to Walter, he took the name train Judo. Quincy really did like the martial art of Judo, however, I don't think he was thrilled with the sport aspect of it.

Right on!

I remember someone mentioning that Walter lamb and Quincy rice had a more sambo catch wrestling style of judo.

I thought he had legit beef with bjj and fought Eddie bravo on a mini golf course. I learnt about him when he had that back and fourth with Frank trigg on tag radio station.

Walter Lamb was an Open minded Judo guy, but he was a Judo guy none the less. Honestly, Quincy was a self taught submission guy, he learned from anyone who would teach him, a lot of his style was BJJ.

He rolled with Eddie Bravo on a Miniature Golf course, it was not a fight. Bravo did submit him with a heel hook I believe, and due to that Quincy became very proficient in leg locks. Quincy did troll Frank Trigg on his pod cast, Quincy may not have been very educated, but he was one of the smartest guys I ever knew. He was very quick and had a sharp tongue, he could beat anyone in a shit talking contest.

Walter Lamb was an Open minded Judo guy, but he was a Judo guy none the less. Honestly, Quincy was a self taught submission guy, he learned from anyone who would teach him, a lot of his style was BJJ.

He rolled with Eddie Bravo on a Miniature Golf course, it was not a fight. Bravo did submit him with a heel hook I believe, and due to that Quincy became very proficient in leg locks. Quincy did troll Frank Trigg on his pod cast, Quincy may not have been very educated, but he was one of the smartest guys I ever knew. He was very quick and had a sharp tongue, he could beat anyone in a shit talking contest.

I remember Quincy mentioning how important Walter Lamb is and looked at him as a savior. I can only assume that Walter passing had a bad impact on Quincy. I remember he and Quincy had a website and they were big on the web during the early to mid-2000s which was the time that no one really was big in to the internet until Myspace.

This was the pictures still roaming around:

3.jpg

droogies5.jpg

Quincy became well known in 2008 by trolling Frank Trigg on tag radio and that was great to hear.

Walter Lamb video: ( blonde guy referring looks familiar but I am not sure)

Fuck I remember this guy from when I was in high school. What a legend. Is he still alive? He seems like the type to have a premature death.

Fuck I remember this guy from when I was in high school. What a legend. Is he still alive? He seems like the type to have a premature death.

Dude common man! He was so down and depressed that he took a bunch of pills while expressing sadness in his Facebook post.

Do you really know him?

The first picture; I have no idea who the person is with the red and black belt.

The second picture; I do not know where the dojo was but the person in the picture was another internet whack job legend, Nick Machine May.

Walter Lamb was a great guy, I have yet to meet a better person in my lifetime.

Quincy did not commit suicide, nor did he die from an overdose of pills, however he did die prematurely.

Dude common man! He was so down and depressed that he took a bunch of pills while expressing sadness in his Facebook post.

Do you really know him?
I meant I know his youtube videos. I don't know him at all.

The first picture; I have no idea who the person is with the red and black belt.

The second picture; I do not know where the dojo was but the person in the picture was another internet whack job legend, Nick Machine May.

Walter Lamb was a great guy, I have yet to meet a better person in my lifetime.

Quincy did not commit suicide, nor did he die from an overdose of pills, however he did die prematurely.

I thought it was an overdose I wasn't sure if it was accidental or not and the detail is fuzzy. I heard he had grand children which was hard to believe.

I meant I know his youtube videos. I don't know him at all.

I understand. I heard of him first when he owned Frank trigg. Frank was saying at the end of the day Quincy rice is a nobody while Quincy rice came with the epic line of " well at the end of the day all you do is get choked out on tv for money and pose for gay picture, so how the fuck are you better than me"

Quincy had a very bad back, instead of resting it, he would pop Vicodin and continue to train, he eventually got hooked on prescription opioids, and later he graduated to Heroin. He died of a Heroin overdose. It was a very sad ending to a guy who had so much potential, the guy could have been successful in anything he set his mind to. Although, I am more educated than Quincy was, the guy was much smarter than myself. I would imagine the guy had a genius IQ ,or at least something close to it.

The funny thing I remember about the Trigg Phone call was when Quincy brought up Trigg's nude modeling career. Trigg said "Yeah that was like 10 years ago" Quincy responded "Well if you sucked a dick 10 years ago, I would imagine it would still mean you are gay".

Last edited:
Quincy had a very bad back, instead of resting it, he would pop Vicodin and continue to train, he eventually got hooked on prescription opioids, and later he graduated to Heroin. He died of a Heroin overdose. It was a very sad ending to a guy who had so much potential, the guy could have been successful in anything he set his mind to. Although, I am more educated than Quincy was, the guy was much smarter than myself. I would imagine the guy had a genius IQ ,or at least something close to it.

The funny thing I remember about the Trigg Phone call was when Quincy brought up Trigg's nude modeling career. Trigg said "Yeah that was like 10 years ago" Quincy responded "Well if you sucked a dick 10 years ago, I would imagine it would still mean you are gay".

That's funny as hell

Aw man, Train Judo. I used to talk to Quincy about Judo on the UG from time to time as I trained judo back then. He was a funny fucker. I know he passed a few years back. Was a shame, he was a big personality on the UG.

Back