Tell me about Joe Moreira

My very first tournament was at the 96 Joe Morreira tournament. When I went to sign in, Joe looked at me and said in a Brazilian accent, "You're a fighter???" I got a chuckle. Yes, I am...:)

Interesting wording, but nothing too wrong with it. They dont call it BJJ class but adult class:

Our adult program is comprised of a variety of martial arts, including the core disciplines of Muay Thai Kickboxing,TaeKwon-Do and Brazilian Jiu JItsu (BJJ). Our classes place an emphasis on BJJ due to the fact that most attacks end up on the ground. Although attacks on the street are unpredictable, this class combines techniques which will give the student the tools needed to defend themselves both on the ground and from the standing position. At the same time, it is a cardio intensive class designed to build fitness and conditioning.

Looks like their credentials are gracie combatives.

As long as they dont claim to be black belts in BJJ, I think it is what it is.

These knuckle heads are probably black belts in Tae Kwon Do and are probably white belts in BJJ. Stay away from schools that don't give a complete martial arts background of the instructors. I bet these guys are not even affiliated with Joe but I will ask him tomorrow. WTF is cage fitness?

Everybody is trying to cash in on the BJJ because they are losing students to BJJ. Tae Kwon Do and other Karate schools are losing their student base because people are realizing they suck balls when it comes to real fighting.

I find it amazing that these people told you you will probably find better training somewhere else.
yuno.jpg

Y THEY NO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TOO?

That was frakking HILARIOUS!!!

Interesting wording, but nothing too wrong with it. They dont call it BJJ class but adult class:

Our adult program is comprised of a variety of martial arts, including the core disciplines of Muay Thai Kickboxing,TaeKwon-Do and Brazilian Jiu JItsu (BJJ). Our classes place an emphasis on BJJ due to the fact that most attacks end up on the ground. Although attacks on the street are unpredictable, this class combines techniques which will give the student the tools needed to defend themselves both on the ground and from the standing position. At the same time, it is a cardio intensive class designed to build fitness and conditioning.

Looks like their credentials are gracie combatives.

As long as they dont claim to be black belts in BJJ, I think it is what it is.

The front of school is your typical bjj school. They have the Moreira logo plastered across the front windows.

These knuckle heads are probably black belts in Tae Kwon Do and are probably white belts in BJJ. Stay away from schools that don't give a complete martial arts background of the instructors. I bet these guys are not even affiliated with Joe but I will ask him tomorrow. .

Keep me updated on what you find out.

Back