Television series have ruined movies for me.

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
After watching television series on platforms like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Amazon and Netflix, Movies just don't seem right. The average 90 minute movie is too short to really develop the characters and multiple plot lines to hold my interest. The series have raised my expectations. It also helps to be able to watch entire seasons now in a day or two instead of week to week.

It has completely ruined commercial television.

I'm retired so I can watch a season that lasts about 9 hours. Maybe it's different for others.

I agree. Movie series is where they are trying to head now too

After watching television series on platforms like HBO, Showtime, Starz, Amazon and Netflix, Movies just don't seem right. The average 90 minute movie is too short to really develop the characters and multiple plot lines to hold my interest. The series have raised my expectations. It also helps to be able to watch entire seasons now in a day or two instead of week to week.

It has completely ruined commercial television.

I'm retired so I can watch a season that lasts about 9 hours. Maybe it's different for others.

It's harder to get the story down in a short period of time but some movies get the job done way better than some drawn out 22 episode season bs. I get what your saying but I still like a good movie.

Meh, I don't agree.

TV has gotten WAY better. And the best shows like True Detective and Chernobyl are awesome.

But the pinnacle of cinematography and acting are still in movies IMO...

Try TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG on Amazon Prime and see if you feel the same.

I'm the opposite. I hate series. I want to get to the end of things in two hours.

* The only exception was "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", 2010.

the "average 90 minute movie" .. there is your problem. Probably mostly cheesy,superhero or comic book crap you're watching right. Still some long ass movies with 120 minute + times being made.

Seems like some TV series just have too much senseless filler that don't advance the story.

What the actual fuck? You talking about Theater movie series? Cause if you are youre off the mark. Also television series are movie series, what are you on about?

I’m the same I prefer tv series . Would rather binge a tv show than watch a movie

I don't binge shows for this reason, it will spoil me to everything else. Especially if its a great show and you're gona finish a season in 2 days? Too much.

Movies for the most part are not at that level of quality, but you still get a few great movies every year. And watching parasite got me into some korean movies which are a very refreshing change from most hollywood movies, so you might need to mix it up.

I was trending towards that but then I came up with something that revolutionized movie viewing for me. What I do is take a 2 hr movie and divide it up into 10 separate 12 min "episodes" and watch one episode a night for a few weeks. It's truly exhilarating

Agreed and if done, its fantastic.

The marvel movies are still going, but god damn, im feeling so heartbroken after Endgame.

Only wish it was as great as Infinity War. Frankly, im pissed Infinity didnt break the great record. Just goes to show sequels are truly expected to make more money than their predecessors.

AND it proves how much of a complete fucking failure star wars turned out to be.

I think that TV/episodic content has a much higher potential than films. True Detective's first (and arguably third) season took the potentially-supernatural crime drama '90s film and turned it into an incredible tale. Something you just couldn't swing in 90 minutes.

Breaking Bad couldn't be done in 120 minutes.

That said, the big budgets can buy much better acting and especially cinematography than television budgets.

Back