Teixeira vs Maldonado aside ...

Sakuraba-Smirnovas.
Love Saku, and more power to him for surviving and pulling out the win later on, but c'mon.

Curran-Joe Warren

when big nog had his arm snapped in half by Mir

also

Brock beating the shit out of Mir in their second fight.

Carwin vs Mir. The way he was teeing off on an unconscious Mir, I thought we were going to see the first death in the octagon. I was a real self confessed Mir hater at that point and wanted him to get his arse kicked but even I was out of my seat shouting at my tv for them to stop the bloody fight.

Bedford/Gaudinot

That was a nasty fight - it was like watching a teenager beating up a 5 year old. The knees he was dropping down and the soccer kicks to the body. Bedford landed a nasty kick to (I can't remember his name) his last opponents body right before the stoppage

remember Sokudju vs Alexander? Houston was GnP'ing him with like 50 clean strikes before the ref stepped in, absolutely crazy

Mir/Carwin actually had me screaming like Apollo's wife, yelling "STOP THE FIGHT!"
outside of the UFC, Curran/Warren was the worst

semmy schilt vs sergei kharitonov is the only time I've actually felt bad for a fighter and I HAAAAATE Schilt

Sakuraba-Smirnovas.
Love Saku, and more power to him for surviving and pulling out the win later on, but c'mon.

Curran-Joe Warren
dang.. I was like yay, noone's mentioned Curran-Warren yet. So i get to... Then 5 posts away from the last, i see you... Good mention man.

Cyroid vs Finney was the only time i remember myself feeling a fight should have been stopped long before the ref called it.

I was actually just talking about this fight today with a friend.

I'm still convinced that we were closer to seeing a 'Rocky' moment from Maldonado in the third than we were to seeing him being permanently injured. But, I guess Rocky was kind of retarded by the end, too.. so maybe it was better to not take the chance.

Cyroid vs Finney was the only time i remember myself feeling a fight should have been stopped long before the ref called it.

I forgot about this, I was third row and all I could hear was the crowd screaming for the fight to be stopped.

I forgot about this, I was third row and all I could hear was the crowd screaming for the fight to be stopped.

You were actually there, and forgot about that stoppage?! How drunk were you?:icon_lol:

Weidman/Munoz
Khalibov/Pichel was pretty bad too. He was out when he got slammed, took three punches and then the ref started moving. He took like 6 full power punches after being fully out.

Rogan is right. We need refs who are fast and who can react fast. People don't realise how bad it is for someone's health when you get hit like that when fully unconscious.

Bedford vs Gaudinot

Trujillo vs LeVessuer, not as bad, but probably didn't need to eat that last barrage of knees.

I'm sensitive to body shots I guess.

Last edited:
Back