Teh Chris removed from the rankings!

View attachment 735289

He held his spot for a long time. I know he took that fight at Lightheavy but i am a little surprised to see him completely removed. I mean Anderson is still in there FFS

At first i liked the idea of Teh Chris vs Jack but now i don't think Jack has anything to gain from it.

I'm leaning more towards AS vs Chris 3 now, makes more sense.

Edit: not suggesting he's been cut
You realize he's been out of the rankings ever since the Reyes fight right?

tenor.gif

Damn, payroll is no joke!

I'm passing by just to remember: Even Weidman being a bum LHW now (worst move ever), he still beat the MW nobody Grace Jones Genderbender Adesanya EASILY. Even today... Just don't forget ppl!
<PlusJuan>
{<jordan}

He would still be ranked he was removed for fighting at LHW, same thing happened to Rockhold. Then they were destroyed at LHW so they didn't get ranked in either class.

Now that he's fighting joker, watch the coming weeks the chris will suddenly get a MW rank soon.

I'm just glad it's not Till they're feeding him to.

No way bro.

The UFC has far too much integrity to change rankings over a big upcoming fight!

A nobody then, a nobody now. NO NEWS. He has no business in LHW, worst move ever. But I think he got very well compensated financially for opening the way for Adesanya to shine, so...

Some facts: I think UFC paid him and Rockhold to go up and don't bring problems to Adesanya. Rockhold maybe not, but Weidman would crush him easily, EVEN TODAY.

Romero is a condecorated wrestler who doesn't use wrestling, and is old, I mean, the perfect name to be a ladder for Adesanya - OHHH HE WON AGAINST A WRESTLER!! Said no one ever. Weidman would toy Adesanya easily and UFC knew it. Would love to watch Weidman toying Adesanya - even me hating Weidman... Two nobodies fighting each other, but Weidman is better than him by a fucking abyss. We can't even start comparing.

Adesanya won't last long, will be remembered as a goof entrance dancer and delusions about Jones and Miocic (LOL). This Grace Jones thing must stop, one of the most overrated fighters of all time.

Jesus Christ, what the fuck are you on about? That was like reading the diary of a 14yr old girl.

Also, I love this part...

"Some facts: I think UFC paid him and Rockhold to go up and don't bring problems to Adesanya. Rockhold maybe not, but Weidman would crush him easily, EVEN TODAY."

Something about facts, then you ratthe off your opinions and some shitty conspiracy theory.

Get a grip. We get it, you don't like a fighter. But now your making up fantasy scenarios and getting your little pansy panties in a bunch.

It’s sad, but I think Gian Villante would beat Chris right now at LHW. He seems completely shot as a fighter.

God that's sad. The UFC should really throw him a bone though, been fighting nothing but contenders since losing the belt.

5 KO losses in 6 fights will do that to you. One of the most overrated fighters of all time who made his career out of beating past their prime Brazilians
Out of prime Brazilians?

anderson was still torching guys left and right.
machida had just dominated Mousasi & Munoz and lost a robbery to Phil Davis. Also won his prior two fights before the Davis fight.
Vitor won 3 vicious knockouts prior.

you are the p4p worst nuthugger on this site, especially to assume Machida was past his prime.

Weidman would have to string together at least 4 or 5 wins before he gets a shot at Adesanya
Not necessarily. Imagine Weidman beating Whittaker or Costa - then would he still have to go 3-4 fights before getting a title shot?

The current #1 to #10 is: Whittaker, Costa, Romero, Cannonier, Hermansson, Gastelum, Brunson, Shahbadzyan, Uriah Hall.

Iimagine a scenario where
* Romero loses to Izzy and retires
* Weidman beats someone like Whittaker or Costa
* Gastelum will not get a rematch with Israel in a while. Hermansson will not get a title shot because Cannonier beat him.

I'd argue this would result in either Weidman just needing 1 more win to get a title shot (like it or not)

Heck, it's even possible that the other possible contenders (Whittaker, Costa, Cannonier) would have other fights during this time - and lose - thus pushing themselves further away from the title.

Weidman has a lot of MW losses but as Jacare, Moose and Rockhold are no longer a part of the UFC MW rankings he doesn't have much "unresolved business" to attend to anymore.

Last edited:
Chris "Buster" Weidman

More shocked to see Silva's still on the list. What year is this?

Back