Teh Chris removed from the rankings!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BEATDOWNS, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BEATDOWNS

BEATDOWNS Steel Belt

Screenshot_2020-02-24 Rankings UFC.png

He held his spot for a long time. I know he took that fight at Lightheavy but i am a little surprised to see him completely removed. I mean Anderson is still in there FFS

At first i liked the idea of Teh Chris vs Jack but now i don't think Jack has anything to gain from it.

I'm leaning more towards AS vs Chris 3 now, makes more sense.

Edit: not suggesting he's been cut

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    MGS, TheLinguist, dmwalking and 6 others like this.
  2. ookii

ookii Red Belt

In before comments about him possibly failing a drug test but yeah Jacare not being in there. I guess because they had their last fights at LHW

3. pizzle

pizzle Red Belt

I thought Dana was supposed to have "the talk" with him... Low and behold he's fighting the Norwegian Hermannson now

Dana just doesn't have the heart to do it.. To release America's boy, The Weidman and send him to Bellator. It must suck for Chris not to have any wins in a long time.

svmr_db and Enigma87 like this.
  4. Osiris3657

Osiris3657 Brown Belt

You haven't looked at the rankings lately. He hasn't been in the rankings since he lost to Reyes back in October

5. Andreh

Andreh Black Belt

A nobody then, a nobody now. NO NEWS. He has no business in LHW, worst move ever. But I think he got very well compensated financially for opening the way for Adesanya to shine, so...

Some facts: I think UFC paid him and Rockhold to go up and don't bring problems to Adesanya. Rockhold maybe not, but Weidman would crush him easily, EVEN TODAY.

Romero is a condecorated wrestler who doesn't use wrestling, and is old, I mean, the perfect name to be a ladder for Adesanya - OHHH HE WON AGAINST A WRESTLER!! Said no one ever. Weidman would toy Adesanya easily and UFC knew it. Would love to watch Weidman toying Adesanya - even me hating Weidman... Two nobodies fighting each other, but Weidman is better than him by a fucking abyss. We can't even start comparing.

Adesanya won't last long, will be remembered as a goof entrance dancer and delusions about Jones and Miocic (LOL). This Grace Jones thing must stop, one of the most overrated fighters of all time.

6. TheSpider

TheSpider Purple Belt

5 KO losses in 6 fights will do that to you. One of the most overrated fighters of all time who made his career out of beating past their prime Brazilians

Xavier, Krixes, Gundarmyx and 16 others like this.
  7. BEATDOWNS

BEATDOWNS Steel Belt

This was not my intention with this thread.

I wonder if that's what it is. Do they give up their rights to their spot in the rankings if they move a class? maybe it's just if they lose, i dunno. lol

8. sdpdude9

sdpdude9 Brown Belt

I think Weidman might still be good enough to beat quite a few guys, but he’s not a top fighter anymore. I don’t understand why they keep matching him up with high ranked opponents, he has shown repeatedly he’s not on that level anymore.

Superzorro and Camardelli like this.
  9. CanCrusher77

CanCrusher77 Green Belt

He still my boy. Blah, blah, blah. I have trouble sympathizing with Teh Chris. He ruined Andy.

Shenti likes this.
  10. BEATDOWNS

BEATDOWNS Steel Belt

Yeah maybe not but he was still in there forever even when he was in his losing streak.

11. usernamee

usernamee Red Belt

He's going down to MW again he has said.

I'd like to see him against anyone from top8 and down. Weidman would be a nice test for Edmund. Or a rematch with Uriah Hall perhaps.

12. GrayArea

GrayArea Brown Belt

Hermansson will gain a highlight reel KO/guillotine win. A nice tune up before he gets another top contender.

Superzorro, BEATDOWNS and TheSpider like this.
  13. Ruke Doufus

Ruke Doufus Blue Belt

Dethroned the unstoppable goat when he was still clowning fools left and right. Don't get it twisted.

14. NaughtyBoy

NaughtyBoy Silver Belt

15. drbolony

drbolony -El Styles-

Good way to get him to fight down. Should be fighting guys like Heinisch to dip his toes back in. Shit Anderson trilogy makes sense too, make it a fight night headliner.

16. BEATDOWNS

BEATDOWNS Steel Belt

This is the likely outcome, but it's still MMA and anything can happen. I think Jack needs a new manager. First he takes the fight in Denmark when he could have just waited out for Gastelum and been in a number one contender bout. Now he's gonna fight and unranked guy, seems like he's not being given the best advice.

17. Perrichet

Perrichet Emery is a fraud

At least he’ll always have this moment

[​IMG]

Kwinkle Kwink, Molo, Shenti and 8 others like this.
  18. TheSpider

TheSpider Purple Belt

38 year old Silva who had been fighting for 16+ years and had 40 fights was past his prime.

35 year old Weidman who has been fighting for only 9 years and has had 19 fights has been KOd 5 times in 6 fights

Prime Silva stiffens Weidman within 2 rounds

Xavier, Krixes, Lint and 15 others like this.
  19. BEATDOWNS

BEATDOWNS Steel Belt

<escalate99>

20. blaseblah

blaseblah Steel Belt

The messed up thing that is if he manages to win he will demand a top 5 fight and start talking about a title shot.

MGS, cburm and sdpdude9 like this.