Tefo's Dad acting out.

why would josh taylor fight a guy coming off a loss and moving up in weight?

taylor is fighting his 6th undefeated opponent in a row next, the combined record of his past 7 will be 162-1.

it makes no sense to fight lopez next and senior is an idiot for thinking they're getting that fight.

taylor is fighting his 6th undefeated opponent in a row next, the combined record of his past 7 will be 162-1.

it makes no sense to fight lopez next and senior is an idiot for thinking they're getting that fight.
He's delusional. He's talking as though Junior still has all the belts, that would be only way he'd get a shot straight away at Josh. He'll have to accept that his son lost and they don't have the negotiating power they did before.

Lopez's father thought his son won every round. Will go after Josh Taylor next.
{<jordan}

Won every round he said. I watched that whole thing. Kind of forgot how bad he is.
Guy on the mic can't challenge any of that!?

<34>

Last edited:
He's delusional. He's talking as though Junior still has all the belts, that would be only way he'd get a shot straight away at Josh. He'll have to accept that his son lost and they don't have the negotiating power they did before.
Didn’t you hear? He does have all the belts. He won every round. Apparently there were some scoring errors.

Didn’t you hear? He does have all the belts. He won every round. Apparently there were some scoring errors.
LOL Everyone who watched that fight knows who won.... my son

I can't believe he actually believes what he's saying.

This didn't age well

it didn’t. I do t mind being wrong. I wasn’t super excited for the fight . Im sure most weren’t. But was wanted to see it as im just a big fan. I was rooting for teo. Was impressed with kambosis
And loved the fight and I was happy the judges got it right.

he also showed us what a great cornerman he is.

teo gets dropped on his ass, comes to his corner and senior screams "get this guy out of here already!"

hey pops, did you see which guy got dropped? it wasn't the other guy.

sr truly is an embarrassment.

Dad was just too annoying and the whole "my son gonna..." Was just too cringey, good fight, a draw could had been fair too, Lopez did NOT won that.

It would make all the sense as it. would be the biggest fight of Taylor’s career by far to make. Nobody is in the same category. And would get much more respect in the boxing world for beating teofimo. Are you telling me you would rather see Taylor vs. jack catterall as he has a zero? Instead of teofimo.

you’re putting way to much stock in no loss fighters.

if boxing fans thought like you and want to see Taylor vs catterall as it’s the battle of two undefeateds and Taylor makes a lot of money for fighting him. Then so be it.

fans pretend they’re like promoters and not fans. It’s easy to see what the biggest fight would be. But you bring up an alleged murderers row.

Taylor could be a big star make tons of money if he beats teo. Which is pretty much your goal in the sport.

It would make all the sense as it. would be the biggest fight of Taylor’s career by far to make. Nobody is in the same category. And would get much more respect in the boxing world for beating teofimo. Are you telling me you would rather see Taylor vs. jack catterall as he has a zero? Instead of teofimo.

if boxing fans thought like you and want to see Taylor vs catterall as it’s the battle of two undefeateds and Taylor makes a lot of money for fighting him. Then so be it.

fans pretend they’re like promoters and not fans. It’s easy to see what the biggest fight would be. But you bring up an alleged murderers row.

Taylor could be a big star make tons of money if he beats teo. Which is pretty much your goal in the sport.

im not even sure Taylor would want that fight after last night. Teo is damaged goods at the present time

im not even sure Taylor would want that fight after last night. Teo is damaged goods at the present time

maybe true. So why not take the big bucks for an easy win.
If anything teo shouldn’t want that. If they both do. Taylor should take that. And get a nice money and career boost.

I’ve gotta be honest, I just don’t see a lot of big money/starmaker fighters in and around LW right now. Garcia might be the best one with his hordes of insta fans, and I don’t think he’s that interested in tough fights at present.

I could see someone like Taylor being more interested in grabbing another belt in some other division rather than thinking simply fighting a fighter of Lopez’s stature would do something special for him.

Let’s face it, Teo and his dad think he’s a megastar, a lot of us think he’s super talented, but that’s not the same thing as a dream opponent for a championship level fighter. The way I see it, Lopez’s desirability as a dance partner dropped off a cliff last night welhen he went from undisputed champ to just a good fighter.

Lopez Snr is just the worst. Looks like he’s going to take his son down with him too. What a prick.

e053982d940c5bbe52da24dc8ede3d6e24ec85cbbe5e7907769ce912543580ce.gif

he also showed us what a great cornerman he is.

teo gets dropped on his ass, comes to his corner and senior screams "get this guy out of here already!"

hey pops, did you see which guy got dropped? it wasn't the other guy.

sr truly is an embarrassment.
100%. What a tool.

Seems like they trained for a 1 round fight. Kambosos is NOT a puncher and he brutalized Teofimo. Dude had the world by the tail and completely got high on his own supply. Fucking shame.

maybe true. So why not take the big bucks for an easy win.
If anything teo shouldn’t want that. If they both do. Taylor should take that. And get a nice money and career boost.
What makes you think Teofimo brings "the big bucks"? He's a flash in the pan at this point with a lot of career rebuilding to do. There's a reason everybody was saying Triller overbid for the Kambosos fight, and there's also a reason Triller had to bow out and DAZN picked up the pieces.
Teo wasn't a box office cash cow BEFORE the Kambosos fight, and he sure as fuck isn't now.

it's not the zero that impresses me, it's the people he's beaten. he unified the belts, now you expect him to defend against a guy who hasn't fought in the division yet and just lost? what the hell has teofimo done to deserve a title shot at 140 for all the belts?

jack catterall is obviously not on his level, but he does fight in the division and he is his WBO mandatory. besides, this was signed with no regard for what lopez does, months ago.

is teofimo lopez really some mega star in boxing, though? i don't see how after last night's performance he is the biggest fight of taylor's career, in any sense. business wise, i don't think lopez is a household name. legacy wise, taylor has fought far bigger fights in winning the WBSS and unifying against ramirez.

putting a beating on a LW who just lost his championship does nothing for taylor's legacy at 140. i fail to see the intrigue here.

it's not the zero that impresses me, it's the people he's beaten. he unified the belts, now you expect him to defend against a guy who hasn't fought in the division yet and just lost? what the hell has teofimo done to deserve a title shot at 140 for all the belts?

jack catterall is obviously not on his level, but he does fight in the division and he is his WBO mandatory. besides, this was signed with no regard for what lopez does, months ago.

is teofimo lopez really some mega star in boxing, though? i don't see how after last night's performance he is the biggest fight of taylor's career, in any sense. business wise, i don't think lopez is a household name. legacy wise, taylor has fought far bigger fights in winning the WBSS and unifying against ramirez.

putting a beating on a LW who just lost his championship does nothing for taylor's legacy at 140. i fail to see the intrigue here.
It’s obvious that Lopez and his dad want any fight where he has a chance grab a bunch belts in one go.

It’s kind of silly too because generally being unified champion is highly regarded because one has to beat several champions and circumstances have to line up where you’re not dropping belts as conflicting mandatories emerge or higher payouts. If someone wins all the belts in one fight, that’s a lot less special imo. They may be United champion, but they haven’t unified the championships if that makes sense.

Teo was the only one who looked upset? His dad was taking celebratory pics with kamosos' dad? Guy loves the spotlight.

well he’s among the bigger names at lightweight, if not the biggest. the lomachenko win was a huge story. i think kambosos would be a better opponent but he looked like a small lightweight in there with teo, who was gigantic. tank/haney/lopez are destined for 140 but i’m not sure taylor NEEDS to fight any of them. i personally want a rougarou rematch first.

Back