Elections Teflon Trudeau wins re-election. Let the Conservative tears flow

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Canada election results see Justin Trudeau overcome scandals to win likely 2nd term

Toronto — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appeared set to win a second term in Canada's national elections Monday, delivering unexpectedly strong results despite having been weakened by a series of scandals that cast doubt on his judgment and tarnished his image as a liberal icon. Trudeau's Liberal party was projected to win the most seats in the 338-seat Parliament, giving it the best chance to form a government. Still, the Liberals were poised to fall short of a majority, meaning they will have to rely on an opposition party to stay in power.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/ca...nd-term-today-liberal-no-majority-2019-10-22/

Seems Canada likes PM's who play dress up.

Seems unlike the US, Canada still remembers the disaster that was Harper, unlike our short memories where we forgot the disaster that was Bush.

I can't imagine his re-election has to do with Trudeau's support, as much as opposition to the polite version of Karl Rove, and Mitch McConnell.

Discuss.........

dims

After all I read on here, Canada bottled it? <45>

Now's the time to catalog the promises made and take bets on his follow-through.

Well here we are. We lost. I concede this point right off the bat. I should not have thought the liberals would lose this election, that was the wrong thing to do.

@Crazy Diamond I had not much to run on, and make up man had me thinking this could at least be something. I was wrong.

I no longer cry for Canada. They're not nearly as doomed as, say, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand though. I wish them luck, I think they need it to determine what future they want for their country. We face a similar choice here.

I no longer cry for Canada. They're not nearly as doomed as, say, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand though. I wish them luck, I think they need it to determine what future they want for their country. We face a similar choice here.

We are ok for now. Justin gets the win tonight. For the generation X, the boomers and lost millennials who voted for him, that’s fine. Live and you learn.

After all I read on here, Canada bottled it? <45>

You must understand, there's a severe oversampling bias on this forum for not even conservative Canadians, but people who would vote for Maxime Bernier. That fucking clown party didn't win a single seat, and we have like 4, 5 guys here who were swinging from his nuts?

You must understand, there's a severe oversampling bias on this forum for not even conservative Canadians, but people who would vote for Maxime Bernier. That fucking clown party didn't win a single seat, and we have like 4, 5 guys here who were swinging from his nuts?

FWIW, at least three of them 'identify' as Americans. I've long suggested they border jump and move into an apartment together. :)

FWIW, at least three of them 'identify' as Americans. I've long suggested they border jump and move into an apartment together. :)

Hey there, is your post in anyway directed at me?

IF this was Jeopardy, don't waste a daily double.

No Canadian can ever cry about Trump being dumb or racist ever again.

lol. after the constant threads on how everyone was tired of liberals and accusing Trudeau of stuff had killed the left.

Back