Teep/ front knee kick debate.

I am seeing an extreme double standard here. It seems that a decent percentage of Sherdog are up in arms about this offensive attack on an opponents knees.

It seemed by far at its peak when JBJ was the MMA practitioner attempting to utilize this "still legal" technique the most in the UFC. Now we have seen numerous Team Jackson-Winklejohn MMA practitioners also incorporating this technique into their fight style. It honestly seemed to some extent to calm down after a decent number of fan favorite's have adopted this strategy that Jon is accused of bringing to MMA.

With all of that said, can anyone honestly say that they have seen ANY MMA fighter more aggressively or frequently attempt this technique in a MMA inside the Octagon than Holly did this weekend?

If so, was she not EASILY in the top 3 attempt in UFC history for this technique? If this is the most heinous technique innately evil and universally despised as "dirty", why has NOBODY mentioned this but me?

Honestly, is it that much less heinous to watch a female walk with a limp for life than a male?

Travis Browne makes Jon Jones look like Mr. Clean in the realm of eyepoke. Jon gets blasted for it, and Travis's opponent gets warned to stop attacking the big guys fingers with their eye sockets!

Holly makes Jon look like Mr. Clean in the realm of teep/ knee kicks. Where is the consistency!

Obvious double standards , pal. Holly can do no wrong.

That being said there is nothing wrong with teeping the knee.

I saw ONE guy get injured by this in a kickboxing match. I doubt it is as bad as people think, way less potential damage than a knee in the face

Just out of curiosity, was it the South African HW K-1 fighter (Mike Bernardo) that you are referring to? That is the worst one that "pops" into my mind.

I think with any MMA strike there is clearly aim to damage the opponent, I think with that particular strike, to the knee, there is a clear intent to do serious and potentially lasting damage to the opponent.

I think there are some fighters who would never dream of using that strike, in fact, if you listen to Joanna J's interview last week, she said she would never use that strike, and never train that strike herself...

There are some fighters that would, I think that says something about them.

But its not just Sherdoggers, Joanna Champion herself at the Q&A last week said she wouldnt do it.
If we are going to go there then there is room to question almost anyones character for things they do or have done in the fight game.

Travis Browne makes Jon Jones look like Mr. Clean in the realm of eyepoke.
I honestly don't recall ever seeing Travis do that, but no one likes him anyways so that kind of invalidates your complaint that people don't hate on him enough.

I think with any MMA strike there is clearly aim to damage the opponent, I think with that particular strike, to the knee, there is a clear intent to do serious and potentially lasting damage to the opponent.

I think there are some fighters who would never dream of using that strike, in fact, if you listen to Joanna J's interview last week, she said she would never use that strike, and never train that strike herself...

There are some fighters that would, I think that says something about them.

But its not just Sherdoggers, Joanna Champion herself at the Q&A last week said she wouldnt do it.

But where are all the examples of the lasting injuries you're talking about? Rampage crying about JBJ?

Also, good for Joanna that she won't use them but that doesn't mean other fighters won't since it is a legal strike.

People could just lift their leg to avoid potential damage but they don't want to compromise their TDD.

If you can kneebar someone you should be able to kick their knee in my opinion.

You can't tap to get out of a kick. It happens too fast. I don't think that argument holds water.

If we are going to go there then there is room to question almost anyones character for things they do or have done in the fight game.

As I said, obviously there is an intent to hurt the opponent, thats the point, but I think theres a line between intent to hurt and intent to cause potentially lasting damage.

I see it a bit like a two footed tackle in soccer.

A single footed tackle is an attempt to get the ball, a two footed tackle is also an attempt to get the ball, but there is also a likelehood of serious long term injury. I think its where it becomes "malicious" i have an issue.

FUCKING LAUGHABLE.

One knockout. ONE. If you experience a k.o, clean or even a flash it is a given that the lasting effects (mostly unseen or under reported) are gargantuan in comparison to a fucking knee hyper extension. You're watching the wrong sport you bunch of pussies. Go and play Pokemen Go.

I honestly don't recall ever seeing Travis do that, but no one likes him anyways so that kind of invalidates your complaint that people don't hate on him enough.

Matt Mitrione filled an appeal with the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission over his fight against Travis where the referee warned MATT over attacking Travis fingers with his eye sockets.

http://www.mass-mma.com/2016/04/18/bad-rap-mass-state-athletic-commission-under-fire-series-1/

They hired Greg Coleman (an MMA promoter that dropped his active role so he could legally officiate an MMA fight) with so little MMA officiating experience that he HONESTLY warned Matt about attacking Travis's fingers with his eye socket.

The F-hole brass of the MASAC (ALL OF WHICH DESPERATELY NEED TO BE FOUND swimming in concrete flippers) heard the appeal and 100% unanimously agreed to defend their F-hole ball-boy turned referee!

Did you honestly miss this? Eveil guy cheating using that damn eye socket to attack poor Travis' finger tips!
011716-UFC-Fight-Night-Matt-Mitrione-IA-CH.vadapt.664.high.72.jpg

You can't tap to get out of a kick. It happens too fast. I don't think that argument holds water.

You also can't tap quickly enough to avoid brain hemorrhaging/trauma but fighters risk that also.

I am seeing an extreme double standard here. It seems that a decent percentage of Sherdog are up in arms about this offensive attack on an opponents knees.

It seemed by far at its peak when JBJ was the MMA practitioner attempting to utilize this "still legal" technique the most in the UFC. Now we have seen numerous Team Jackson-Winklejohn MMA practitioners also incorporating this technique into their fight style. It honestly seemed to some extent to calm down after a decent number of fan favorite's have adopted this strategy that Jon is accused of bringing to MMA.

With all of that said, can anyone honestly say that they have seen ANY MMA fighter more aggressively or frequently attempt this technique in a MMA inside the Octagon than Holly did this weekend?

If so, was she not EASILY in the top 3 attempt in UFC history for this technique? If this is the most heinous technique innately evil and universally despised as "dirty", why has NOBODY mentioned this but me?

Honestly, is it that much less heinous to watch a female walk with a limp for life than a male?

Travis Browne makes Jon Jones look like Mr. Clean in the realm of eyepoke. Jon gets blasted for it, and Travis's opponent gets warned to stop attacking the big guys fingers with their eye sockets!

Holly makes Jon look like Mr. Clean in the realm of teep/ knee kicks. Where is the consistency!

I've never heard anyone complain about teep kicks. I think you mean oblique kicks. And for those comparing it to a knee bar, you can tap before injury during a submission. A kick offers no such option. As to the technique, don't like it, mma is a sport and should not be designed to create a crippling injury.

You also can't tap quickly enough to avoid brain hemorrhaging but fighters risk that also.

Therefore what? Brain injury is risked therefore no rules to protect anything are necessary?

Tapping to a strike just isn't comparable to tapping to a submission. Any learned MMA practitioner knows when a damaging submission is in place and has the option to bow out (unless they are fighting Rousimar).

13:55

"I dont like those kicks. If they want to use those kicks I dont mind, but its very dangerous.
You can injured very badly, I dont like those kicks and thats why I dont use them, I dont train those kicks, I dont use them, but its MMA"

Joanna has spoken

I've never heard anyone complain about teep kicks. I think you mean oblique kicks. And for those comparing it to a knee bar, you can tap before injury during a submission. A kick offers no such option. As to the technique, don't like it, mma is a sport and should not be designed to create a crippling injury.

The terminology I used may be imperfect. I am pretty certain that the gist of the argument was any kick designed to land on the front of the knee and bend the joint backward. There are many variations including some "spinning ones" that can cause this direction strike on the opponents knees that the majority of Sherdog were clamoring about.

If my terminology was "imperfect" than let me just user the generic term front kick to the knee to term the strike(s) that these folks argued against.

Just to clarify, the 'Teep' or 'Front Kick' is this, and it's fine:

tumblr_nzeqyzpnQh1up8ga8o1_500.gif

You guys are talking about the 'Oblique Kick' as Joe Rogan calls it, which has a turned angle on it, and is a different kick.

"I dont like those kicks. If they want to use those kicks I dont mind, but its very dangerous.
You can injured very badly, I dont like those kicks and thats why I dont use them, I dont train those kicks, I dont use them, but its MMA"

Joanna has spoken

Lol, even the vicious reptile predator known as Joanna Champion thinks oblique kicks are too mean. That should tell you something.

If you're caught in a heel hook, and your tapping, your knee is already torn apart by the time
The ref stops it. But I get what you're saying. You have no chance of defending your knee getting kicked in. Definitely a grey area in mma

Just to clarify, the 'Teep' or 'Front Kick' is this, and it's fine:

tumblr_nzeqyzpnQh1up8ga8o1_500.gif

You guys are talking about the 'Oblique Kick' as Joe Rogan calls it, which has a turned angle on it, and is a different kick.

The guy going flying has made an egregious footwork error. The same one that cost Anderson his consciousness in his first Weidman fight. Flat-footed and parallel.

The terminology I used may be imperfect. I am pretty certain that the gist of the argument was any kick designed to land on the front of the knee and bend the joint backward. There are many variations including some "spinning ones" that can cause this direction strike on the opponents knees that the majority of Sherdog were clamoring about.

If my terminology was "imperfect" than let me just user the generic term front kick to the knee to term the strike(s) that these folks argued against.

Not imperfect, rather, wrong. Just thought if you're going to open a discussion on the topic you'd want to get it right.

Can you tell me more about the spinning oblique kick?

Back