Crime Teens knock out cop in California

lol at all the headspace @Trotsky owns in here

Must be shit posters I have on ignore. Went through the first two pages and the only mention I saw was from @Ultra O’Dia, who, yes, is very preoccupied with me and probably belongs with the ignored group but doesn't post frequently enough to warrant it.

Ok. You know you could just google this yourself?

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2018/09/legal-authority-of-off-duty-cops.html

Relevant quote:
Off-Duty Authority

"Individuals employed as police officers typically carry their police powers 24 hours a day in their jurisdiction, whether they're on the job or not," according to a recent ThinkProgress report. "That includes the power to arrest, use force, and the power to shoot."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_officer

In some countries, rules and procedures dictate that a police officer is obliged to intervene in a criminal incident, even if they are off-duty. Police officers in nearly all countries retain their lawful powers while off duty.[4]

—/——————-/———

In my department we’re required to act even if we’re off duty as long as it’s safe to do so.

Edit: oh you edited your post on me. What I replied to said:
thats cool and all but this video just proves you only have as much 'authority' as the people under you are willing to tolerate or give you. In this case, they didnt see a uniform so they didnt see a need to 'respect his authority'. ergo, he had none.

Now had he rolled up in his duty gear, that whole situation would have resolved itself differently if for no other reason the subconscience submission people have to those dressed in the vestments of power and authority.

Wait, am I supposed to care about a cop getting his ass kicked?
This ladies and gentlemen is the typical thought process of lowlifw leftard scum. I bet this scumbag would have no problem calling the cops if he/she/it was in trouble.

This ladies and gentlemen is the typical thought process of lowlifw leftard scum. I bet this scumbag would have no problem calling the cops if he/she/it was in trouble.

Nah. Zebs will not even call the cops when young girls are getting drugged and banged

Hes a real gangsta

thats cool and all but this video just proves you only have as much 'authority' as the people under you are willing to tolerate or give you. In this case, they didnt see a uniform so they didnt see a need to 'respect his authority'. ergo, he had none.

Now had he rolled up in his duty gear, that whole situation would have resolved itself differently if for no other reason the subconscience submission people have to those dressed in the vestments of power and authority.
This video just proves what happens in this one situation, and that when you’re outnumbered discretion can be the better part of valor.

I didn’t see this guy flash his badge or know what he said. Seemingly this situation could have played out the same with any Good Samaritan who tried to help this woman. If there had been any one other guy who saw what happened and wanted to act it would have turned out differently.

Plenty of people don’t respect the law or law enforcement officers when they’re in uniform anyways. We still have duty to act and anyone has the authority to help stop a crime that occurs in their presence. You don’t need to be a cop to do that, you just have to have convictions and not be a coward.

BTW, @LogicalInsanity and @The Diplomat, in Billy Martin's (the former baseball player and then more famously manager) autobiography, he describes knocking out a cop in California when he was a teenager. He says the truant officer was giving him a hard time but that he had a legitimate excuse, and the officer wouldn't listen and then threw him against the wall, and he braced for the impact, pushed off, spun around and KO'd him. No repercussions were described. He was born in '28, so that would have been in the '40s.
If that story isn’t fabricated, or exaggerated at all I’d be shocked. Officers in the that era would give him a wooden shower if he did that regardless of race, or social class. You couldn’t hit police back then and not expect the baton in return. Not saying that’s right, but that’s the way it was back then. That story sounds like one of the death bed stories you’d hear from a mafia “enforcer” proclaiming they killed Jimmy Hoffa.

If that story isn’t fabricated, or exaggerated at all I’d be shocked. Officers in the that era would give him a wooden shower if he did that regardless of race, or social class. You couldn’t hit police back then and not expect the baton in return. Not saying that’s right, but that’s the way it was back then. That story sounds like one of the death bed stories you’d hear from a mafia “enforcer” proclaiming they killed Jimmy Hoffa.

It's in his autobiography so the sole source is his own recollection as far as I'm aware, which means it very well could have been exaggerated. It wouldn't seem out of character for him to do that, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Martin

I like the end:

Pennington, writing over 20 years after Martin's death, explained, "Billy was beloved because he represented a traditional American dream: freedom. He lived independent from rules. He bucked the system ... He told his boss to shove it. Often."[212] The biographer complained that Martin, in the era of video clips and ESPN, has been reduced to a caricature: the man who kicked dirt on umpires, battled with Reggie Jackson in a dugout and who was forever being hired and fired, something that ignores a record of achievement both as player and manager.[194] Appel noted, "There was never a more prideful Yankee. Or a more complicated one."[213]

James wrote, "I suppose one could say the same about Billy Martin or about Richard Nixon ... had he not been so insecure, he could have resisted the self-destructive excesses which gradually destroyed him".[214] Pennington, who covered the Yankees as a newspaper reporter from 1985 to 1989, described Martin as "without question one of the most magnetic, entertaining, sensitive, humane, brilliant, generous, insecure, paranoid, dangerous, irrational, and unhinged people I had ever met".[215] Golenbock, who co-wrote Martin's autobiography, said of him, "but because Billy was an alcoholic who drank and fought publicly, and because the man for whom he worked destroyed his reputation through constant public denigrations and firings, he may never join the hallowed hall where he should rightfully be placed next to his mentor, Casey Stengel."[216]

Mike Lupica of the Daily News wrote that "Yankee fans never seemed to see him drunk, or nasty, or as Steinbrenner's toady, the way others did. They looked the other way, again and again and again. They always saw him as Billy the Kid."[217] Pennington noted that the new owners of Martin's farm sometimes find fans wanting to see where he died, or makeshift memorials by the roadside where the accident occurred.[218] Martin's grave has remained well-visited by Yankee fans, sometimes before driving to the Bronx to take in a home game.[219] Andrew Nagle, who oversaw the cemetery, stated "people want to leave some acknowledgement of what he meant to them ... we don't let go of the people that touched us ... It's the same with Billy Martin. People won't let him go. They won't forget him."

zeb showing his true despicable character or just trolling ? I hope it was just trolling .. then again someone mentioned something about him watching a rape and doing nothing .. probably not trolling lol

the guy's face looks amazingly clean after all that .. he was dodging some of those swings like a pro from what I saw but they kept going at him .. crazy how they left almost no marks on his face

Before I even clicked the link I knew it was going to about a bunch of all star athletes who had just come from attending church service.

zeb showing his true despicable character or just trolling ? I hope it was just trolling .. then again someone mentioned something about him watching a rape and doing nothing .. probably not trolling lol

When is @zebby23 not trolling?

Wow. Charge them as adults and give the max sentence possible. There’s literally no excuse for this behavior, I don’t care if your mommy spanked you or you got picked on for having old clothes.
Mommy? They were spawned in hell.

BTW, @LogicalInsanity and @The Diplomat, in Billy Martin's (the former baseball player and then more famously manager) autobiography, he describes knocking out a cop in California when he was a teenager. He says the truant officer was giving him a hard time but that he had a legitimate excuse, and the officer wouldn't listen and then threw him against the wall, and he braced for the impact, pushed off, spun around and KO'd him. No repercussions were described. He was born in '28, so that would have been in the '40s.
<mma4>

Must be shit posters I have on ignore. Went through the first two pages and the only mention I saw was from @Ultra O’Dia, who, yes, is very preoccupied with me and probably belongs with the ignored group but doesn't post frequently enough to warrant it.

Since you're off topic, we can go off topic too. Nice signature I have right?

Back