Crime Teens knock out cop in California

Look, I only have one brush and it is very broad.

I'm just sticking up for my lefties bro.

(PS- I used to play a lot of Warhammer when inwas younger. Fantasy Battle though, not that sci fi garbage!)
Haha. I would’ve liked this if I could. I’ve never played Warhammer. No video games for me since the early 90s

They’re nothing alike.
Well, their opinions are, the way they express them isn’t.

I was picturing a guy who when he is feeling intellectual, goes on a big, condescending rant logged in as Trotsky.

But when he feels like farting into a mic and letting Siri decide how to translate it he logs in as the Zebster.

I made a satirical post about how Muhammad Ali would be viewed by today’s right wing, with a cliffhanger “n-“

it turns out computer fogie is a humorless boomer. Dude is a paranoid 60something who can’t just leave a warning.
Oh, man, Ali was seen that way back then, though! That was the whole thing, he was THE uppity negro.

Love Ali. Wish he was here to weigh in on what is going on today. He died right about exactly when shit went bananas.

Well, their opinions are, the way they express them isn’t.

I was picturing a guy who when he is feeling intellectual, goes on a big, condescending rant logged in as Trotsky.

But when he feels like farting into a mic and letting Siri decide how to translate it he logs in as the Zebster.
Nope.

LOL @ Sherdog posters who take themselves this seriously.
Sherdog is serious business where serious people speak so intellectually serious about real life issues.

Never heard of this city so I had to look it up. Sandwiched between Oakland and Berkeley so I'm hardly surprised by this. Props to the off duty cop for doing the right thing by that woman. Takes a lot of restraint not to go for your gun when you got a mob after you.

Honestly I don't know if that's the right move or not when you're armed. I've had a few instances working as a bouncer where I was getting jumped outside while I had my weapon on me and the last thing I needed was for it to go skidding across the ground or pulled off me and used on me. So I've always pulled quickly before it escalates too far and told the aggressors they will be shot if they continue. It's ended every single situation I've had like that, which is several. There's of course the risk that someone else would pull a gun in retaliation, but as long as you're doing it in self-defense and you're not trying to escalate the issue yourself then I think it's the right move. Get distance. Get a clean pull with a firm grip (don't want that dropping on the ground trying to pull either). Give out loud clear warnings. If they don't want to comply, then the closest one threatening my safety catches the first two.

It's the last thing I want, but it seems a lot safer and smarter than letting it get taken off your body when you get choked out or knocked out.

Cops keep acting like cops when they are civilians. He should have called it in and monitored the situation. If your not on duty, your not an authority figure at the time. If some plain clothes person tells me they're a cop, im not going to believe them. Too much wild shit going on in the world to listen to someone that has no authority at the time. Could be a kidnapper or thief for all I know.

Not saying that the dumb kids were right but that could have been handled better.
You're stupid man. Watch the vid... off duty cop tried to deesclate the situation, them dumbass kids were beating up on the girl already having, I assume, prob stole her phone. The stupid kids then rushed at the man cuz he was filming. Praise that man for not pulling his gun out and pop a few in self-defense. But hey, them kids looked like future Democrats voters anyway....

Oh, man, Ali was seen that way back then, though! That was the whole thing, he was THE uppity negro.

Love Ali. Wish he was here to weigh in on what is going on today. He died right about exactly when shit went bananas.
Oh I know but you would think attitudes may have changed over 50 years

Cops keep acting like cops when they are civilians. He should have called it in and monitored the situation. If your not on duty, your not an authority figure at the time. If some plain clothes person tells me they're a cop, im not going to believe them. Too much wild shit going on in the world to listen to someone that has no authority at the time. Could be a kidnapper or thief for all I know.

Not saying that the dumb kids were right but that could have been handled better.
Cops have a duty to respond, as long as it won’t endanger our families or be too unsafe or something, even off duty. In my department at least it’s written into our standards of conduct, and not helping could be seen as cowardice which is unacceptable and grounds for discipline.

Now, of course this did wind up being too unsafe, but he made a judgement call. But you’re wrong about him not having authority while he’s not on duty. He’s not a civilian until he’s retired or fired, simply being off the clock doesn’t count.

the majority of their works I see are in Trump threads, and in those atleast they are in the same general area of thought. Close enough atleast that I can’t recall for sure now which Username was the one that admitted to watching a chick get drugged and raped while he did nothing.

Cops have a duty to respond, as long as it won’t endanger our families or be too unsafe or something, even off duty. In my department at least it’s written into our standards of conduct, and not helping could be seen as cowardice which is unacceptable and grounds for discipline.

Now, of course this did wind up being too unsafe, but he made a judgement call. But you’re wrong about him not having authority while he’s not on duty. He’s not a civilian until he’s retired or fired, simply being off the clock doesn’t count.
Too many power hungry cops and people pretending to be police officers. If someone approaches me with a weapon trying to detain me in plain clothes, im fighting back no matter what. Cop got what was coming to him IMO. He did try to do the right thing just in the wrong way.

Last edited:
Too athletic and explosive for the officer

Lock those little fuckers up and shove an iPhone in their asses

Too many power hungry cops and people pretending to be police officers. If someone approaches me with a weapon trying to detain me in plain clothes, im fighting back no matter what. Cop got what was coming to him IMO. He did try to do the right thing just in the wrong way.
Ok. You know you could just google this yourself?

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2018/09/legal-authority-of-off-duty-cops.html

Relevant quote:
Off-Duty Authority

"Individuals employed as police officers typically carry their police powers 24 hours a day in their jurisdiction, whether they're on the job or not," according to a recent ThinkProgress report. "That includes the power to arrest, use force, and the power to shoot."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_officer

In some countries, rules and procedures dictate that a police officer is obliged to intervene in a criminal incident, even if they are off-duty. Police officers in nearly all countries retain their lawful powers while off duty.[4]

—/——————-/———

In my department we’re required to act even if we’re off duty as long as it’s safe to do so.

Edit: oh you edited your post on me. What I replied to said:
Id like to see where it says in local law that cops have any authority off duty. Im genuinely curious. Please enlighten me. I still dont agree with it but please go on.

The off duty cop started taking photos of the kids, then they attacked him. He was doing exactly what you described. Don't make excuses for these pieces of shit.

Cop made an extremely poor tactical choice. Very lucky those shitheads did not find his badge and gun while he was out...

My buddy knocked out an off-duty cop at golden gate park once, when he approached us on the sidewalk after a big concert and got in my face because we were slapping street signs with our skateboards. It was tremendous! I didn't even expect it, but my friend was quick! The guy got up once, got hit again, and then stayed down. I wanted to kick him in the teeth when he was down, but there's no way I would ever do that to an officer of the law.

Back