Teenagers!!!

Time goes by fast as fuck
Don't waste so much of your time on Facebook and other social media
Get out and live life
Experience things and try to enjoy the small things in life

Be prepared to be blown away, I mean blown the fuck away at how many of the ugly chicks at your school turn out to be hot women, and how many of the hottest girls at your school look wrecked by adulthood.

It's sooo scary. Like, how do you predict what someone is going to look like in 5 or 10 years? I can see how mainly abandoning looks as a partner criteria is really wise....but I'm so vain, I hate it!

fucken smells like teen spirit in this bitch

Dear Teenagers,

No matter what politicians say, the Gov't will NOT take care of you, either now and/or when you're old. It's all a sham to take your money. You're completely on your to craft what your future will be.

If you leave it to the Gov't, the best you can hope is sharing room with some wheezing old fogey, who keeps you up all night with their hacking in a derelict old assisted care facility filled with apathetic nurses who really hate working there because this wasn't they had in mind when they got their LPN, but they are too lazy (or dumb) to get their RN.

Social Security is a scam. The money you put into it is mostly gone forever and pretty much spent by the Gov't before its even taken out of your paycheck.

The only real and true investments that manner for the long term are friends and family, who can be there for you when you really need it and you for them. Save some money, someway, somehow, for life's nasty surprises that no one expects.

Yes, I'm old.... Kind of

Life is hard and it always will be. Nothing you do in your adult life will be easy. Get used to it.

Be prepared to be blown away, I mean blown the fuck away at how many of the ugly chicks at your school turn out to be hot women, and how many of the hottest girls at your school look wrecked by adulthood.

Actually all of my classmates from high school are pretty much fat and/or balding, just used up and I look almost the same surprisingly, just a little more grey hair. It's weird.

Alright, we all know there are teenagers on here. So, non-teenagers, explain real life to them. Let them know what we politely prevent them from knowing so that they can dream big dreams.

Here I'll start:

No, everyone doesn't meet someone. Some people never meet a significant other and die a virgin.
But good luck.

Think of that dream job. Guess what, you prolly aren't going to get that dream job. Most people hate their jobs or simply tolerate it. And even if you get that dream job, it turns out there is a bunch of boring ass paperwork you never even realized was part of the job.
It's pointless. Like a teenager I didn't listen and I don't expect them to either. In the end like everything else you will have to live life, make mistakes, and try to do the right thing by you.

I remember when I was a teen I was offended when I was told that girls mature faster than boys. Now that I'm all grows up, let me fully confirm that your female peers are so intellectually far ahead of you that you look like cavemen. The only thing they do more immaturely than you is they often pretend to be dumb so as not to make your dumbasses feel threatened.

Some girls mature quicker than boys, but males continue to mature as they age while most women stop maturing at 18 years old.

"The nobler and more perfect a thing is, the later and slower it is in arriving at maturity. A man reaches the maturity of his reasoning powers and mental faculties hardly before the age of twenty-eight; a woman at eighteen."

-Schopenhauer

Save the environment by pulling out and not filling landfills with your soiled latex garbage.

It's pointless. Like a teenager I didn't listen and I don't expect them to either. In the end like everything else you will have to live life, make mistakes, and try to do the right thing by you.

It is true. I heard most of this stuff when I was a teenager and I did not listen. Now, the majority of things I was told as a teen all came true and I am trying to warn the next generation who will likely not heed the advice in this thread.

I feel like only I could explain to myself what I needed to learn then, so, yeah, IDK if any of this advice would be useful from someone else either.

For real tho, I don't necessarily have any steps to take after knowing this but: all the hot girls in HS are NOT GOING TO BE HOT in less than a decade.

I'm pretty sure Henry Thoreau summed it up nicely in one sentence.

“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.”

You are masters of the universe. For the rest of your life, the rank-and-file masses will be infatuated with your choice of shoes for the day.

Alright, we all know there are teenagers on here. So, non-teenagers, explain real life to them. Let them know what we politely prevent them from knowing so that they can dream big dreams.

Here I'll start:

No, everyone doesn't meet someone. Some people never meet a significant other and die a virgin.
But good luck.

Think of that dream job. Guess what, you prolly aren't going to get that dream job. Most people hate their jobs or simply tolerate it. And even if you get that dream job, it turns out there is a bunch of boring ass paperwork you never even realized was part of the job.

You can't stop young people who aren't responsible for anything, don't own anything and think everything should be handed to them because things aren't fair the way they are (or were) -to think differently.

Never gonna happen.

'Youth is wasted on the young'

This is like, the saddest thing. Of all the cute girls I knew in school, when I go creeping on IG, they're all . . . just . . . :s Same goes for the guys too though. There's only one girl, who while in school I thought was the prettiest (as well as the kindest), and she's still gorgeous, and kind, and has made a career for herself. Was actually nice to see that.

And with the guys I'm just like, glad I dodged that bullet! Lmao. Not just bc they looked wrecked now, but they also have a bunch of kids and baby momma's and post cringy shit on their pages. Yuck. How do "highschool sweethearts" do it!!!

Aren't you like 23? I suppose it's all relative but there is nothing worse than someone in their 20s complaining about being old. I'm almost 36 and even though I might feel like bitching about it and probably about the age where I'm physically starting to have some legit grounds to bitch, it's best to keep your mouth shut and try to keep everything in perspective . If you feel you've peaked at 19 you're gonna have a loooooooong road in front of you.

Unless your parents are rich and pay for everything (no shame btw, if you have that then take advantage of it and enjoy it), you are going to be in debt. And you aren't going to pay that debt off until you are much much older if at all.

My kids are gonna be teenagers in a couple of years. I only have 2 advice:

1. Be good.
2. Pewdiepie is not funny.

Eventually, despite your best intentions, the world will come to view you as a bigot.

Premature ejaculation is only a problem if you feel bad about it.

Dont get too attached to outgoing people, they're that way with everyone, and friendship that easily earned isn't worth much in the end.

Ultimately, you're judged on your height, everything else is window dressing.

Sneakers are appropriate for the gym/exercise, casual outdoor gatherings and running quick errands.

Your diet will dramatically impact your mood/state of mind.

Stay hydrated.

If you think life is hard now, just wait. Worse things will happen to you.

Back