International Teenager sentenced to death for bring in squid game to N Korea

Punishment is fair, that show is fucking awful.

It was pretty bad. Obviously the OP story is insane, if true. I did find the fact the the N. Korean girl in the show was literally 6 feet tall despite being starved and malnourished her entire life.

I remember people calling that Korean escape on Rogans show a liar for similar allegations like this.

There's dozens of interviews of North Koreans refractors and their stories on youtube, and they all are very similar in brutality and what really happens over there. I spend quite a bit of my spare time last year digging into a lot of that footage and yeah it's pretty dark shit.

More bullshit from the CIA funded radio free Asia. “Communist North Korea to kill man for watching show critical of capitalism in South Korea”. Let me guess they will feed him to dogs or some other nonsense

I'd agree with you if anyone gave a flying fuck about NK. They don't. There's endless stories of this nonsense from NK.

Who remembers when members of a band were executed with anti aircraft cannons and then their remains ground into fine paste run over by tanks? Kim Jong Un don't play around.

I can’t believe how willingly some people eat everything up that is presented to them. Do you people lack critical thinking skills or what?

Pffft big deal, under Herr Trump's presidency, he tweeted some stuff that wasn't nice. Thankfully they voted him out, he may have tweeted more bad stuff. North Korea should be glad he was never their leader.

You all bitch to fucking the high heavens when someone brings up Trump, TDS TDS, why does the left always talk about Trump. Here we are 3rd post bringing up Trump and nothing but silence.

I don't buy it.
Obviously NK is authoritarian as fuck, but why in the hell would they legitimately kill some teenager for smuggling a copy of a netflix show, which is even said to criticize south korea, but definitely criticizes capitalism?
Doesn't make sense to me and the fact that this is coming from a radio station that is funded by the US government makes this seem even more like it's made-up.

Likely that NK thought it would make SK's want to escape to the paradise that is the SK depicted in Squid Game... makes you wonder how awful it must really be in NK if that's the case.

“I like Kim > Trump “. ~~ leftist

This is a strawman. North Korea has been an old school european style monarchy since the 1970s. Because it's founder was a marxist there are marxist symbols and names for various insitutions they are symbolic.

I don't buy it.
Obviously NK is authoritarian as fuck, but why in the hell would they legitimately kill some teenager for smuggling a copy of a netflix show, which is even said to criticize south korea, but definitely criticizes capitalism?
Doesn't make sense to me and the fact that this is coming from a radio station that is funded by the US government makes this seem even more like it's made-up.

North Koreans aren't Marxists. Their official ideology is "Juche". The Kim family's only agenda is staying in power and it doesn't matter what the film's actual agenda is what matters is what people in North Korea(who are mostly isolated from the political dynamic of the rest of the world) take it's agenda to be. A good US example would be Citizen Kane. Citizen Kane wasn't about William Randoph Hearst but William Randolph Hearst didn't see it that way and did everything in his power to make sure as few people saw the movie as possible.

Leftists who defend North Korea are under the assumption that since the CIA usually lies about left leaning regimes they are also lying about North Korea. Just can't tell the difference. They are not capable of realizing that propaganda isn't false by design but only by neccessity and if telling the truth promotes their interests that is always preferable.

Haven’t watched the show so I can’t say if this is a just punishment

I don't buy it.

I'm just surprised a North Korean student was allowed to leave in the first place. He's just lucky that they didn't slaughter his family too.

Back