Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International Teenager sentenced to death for bring in squid game to N Korea

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by steeldragon, Nov 24, 2021.

1. BKMMAFAN Silver Belt

It was pretty bad. Obviously the OP story is insane, if true. I did find the fact the the N. Korean girl in the show was literally 6 feet tall despite being starved and malnourished her entire life.

2. Tayski Stand-up Fighting

There's dozens of interviews of North Koreans refractors and their stories on youtube, and they all are very similar in brutality and what really happens over there. I spend quite a bit of my spare time last year digging into a lot of that footage and yeah it's pretty dark shit.

Strychnine and method115 like this.
  3. tramendous Silver Belt

ironically both kim jong un and his father were huge fans of hollywood

4. bobgeese Steel Belt

Now only Bollywood.

5. Doctor Stoppage Finishing Fights via Disappointment Platinum Member

I'd agree with you if anyone gave a flying fuck about NK. They don't. There's endless stories of this nonsense from NK.

ICHEERTHEBULL likes this.
  6. ICHEERTHEBULL Black Belt

7. deadshot138 Silver Belt

Who remembers when members of a band were executed with anti aircraft cannons and then their remains ground into fine paste run over by tanks? Kim Jong Un don't play around.

8. and 68 others like this Purple Belt

I can’t believe how willingly some people eat everything up that is presented to them. Do you people lack critical thinking skills or what?

ICHEERTHEBULL likes this.
  9. Bald1 War Room Can

Yes. Caligula was just an animal lover and Stalin just wanted to be loved. Critical think ya morans! Don't be an dopes.

AZ103 and Strychnine like this.
  10. Ophydian Gold Belt

You all bitch to fucking the high heavens when someone brings up Trump, TDS TDS, why does the left always talk about Trump. Here we are 3rd post bringing up Trump and nothing but silence.

HARRISON_3 likes this.
  11. Ironnik94 Silver Belt

I don't buy it.
    Obviously NK is authoritarian as fuck, but why in the hell would they legitimately kill some teenager for smuggling a copy of a netflix show, which is even said to criticize south korea, but definitely criticizes capitalism?
    Doesn't make sense to me and the fact that this is coming from a radio station that is funded by the US government makes this seem even more like it's made-up.

12. djacobox372 Steel Belt

Likely that NK thought it would make SK's want to escape to the paradise that is the SK depicted in Squid Game... makes you wonder how awful it must really be in NK if that's the case.

13. ferrisjso "Hipster"

This is a strawman. North Korea has been an old school european style monarchy since the 1970s. Because it's founder was a marxist there are marxist symbols and names for various insitutions they are symbolic.

14. ferrisjso "Hipster"

North Koreans aren't Marxists. Their official ideology is "Juche". The Kim family's only agenda is staying in power and it doesn't matter what the film's actual agenda is what matters is what people in North Korea(who are mostly isolated from the political dynamic of the rest of the world) take it's agenda to be. A good US example would be Citizen Kane. Citizen Kane wasn't about William Randoph Hearst but William Randolph Hearst didn't see it that way and did everything in his power to make sure as few people saw the movie as possible.

Leftists who defend North Korea are under the assumption that since the CIA usually lies about left leaning regimes they are also lying about North Korea. Just can't tell the difference. They are not capable of realizing that propaganda isn't false by design but only by neccessity and if telling the truth promotes their interests that is always preferable.

15. nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    Haven’t watched the show so I can’t say if this is a just punishment

16. HARRISON_3 Steel Belt

They're making a season 2, IIRC

17. ineverpost Red Belt

Dana wants this for PPV pirates

18. Strychnine Titanium Belt

19. Whippy McGee Meme Master

I'm just surprised a North Korean student was allowed to leave in the first place. He's just lucky that they didn't slaughter his family too.

uppercutbus likes this.
  20. koquerelle Gold Belt

Good, but not great. I don't understand the big fuss. Watch Battle Royale if you're in the mood for something similar.

salamander likes this.