Teenager Attacked by Stranger for Deadlifting

Fuck that asshole. Could have injured the poor guy. Spinal disc herniation is a thing. (I have it)

EDIT: watched with audio, that is some serious roid rage, the Animal dude sounds like he could burst into tears at any moment!
"Get out!!"
<codychoke>

A friend of mine reached out to the lad being attacked and offered him free membership at her gym.

I dont know how that guy didnt put a beat down on the douchebag. Very good self restraint or sadly he was intimidated.

A friend of mine reached out to the lad being attacked and offered him free membership at her gym.
how close is it to that gym? There must not be many powerlifting gyms in the area if this kid was deadlifting in an environment that is so hostile to iron.

Come to think of it, this only got on video because the kid was lucky enough to be filming himself at the time.

You wonder how many similar incidents slipped under the radar because there wasn't enough evidence for court.

So many cyber badasses in this thread.

:meow:
Lol...

Most guys here in a mma/strength and conditioning forum are indeed badasses...seriously,why the fuck would we be in this sub forum if we weren’t ?

Most of us here lift/fight/train/etc.

If I was even remotely around a situation like that I’d wrap dude up till police got there and if lucky enough..I’d catch him in the parking lot...

Doesn’t make me a badass but it separates cowards from men.

how close is it to that gym? There must not be many powerlifting gyms in the area if this kid was deadlifting in an environment that is so hostile to iron.
Not entirely sure but Montreal is super easy to get around.

Omar Isuf just released a vid talking about the incident. He said any money generated from the vid would go toward the kid's lawyer fees. I'm glad to see the support.

I don't understand how the kid would have attorney fees. Is he actually going after some sort of civil lawsuit?

I don't understand how the kid would have attorney fees. Is he actually going after some sort of civil lawsuit?
gofundme and donations. Never underestimate the economic activity in the wake of a viral incident.

gofundme and donations. Never underestimate the economic activity in the wake of a viral incident.

My point is - where is this money going? What legal fees would he have? I would assume he just pressed charges (criminal) and there wouldn't be any sort of civil action.

My point is - where is this money going? What legal fees would he have? I would assume he just pressed charges (criminal) and there wouldn't be any sort of civil action.
guessing its a civil lawsuit seeking damages.

guessing its a civil lawsuit seeking damages.

I don't even know why he'd go that route. I'm not sure what damages he could really claim. Pain and suffering? Mental anguish? That'd be some weak shit.

I don't even know why he'd go that route. I'm not sure what damages he could really claim. Pain and suffering? Mental anguish? That'd be some weak shit.
yeah, he complained of mild nut pain afterwards but it's no worse than you'd get from a kick to the balls. But people have won lawsuits over less so if he can make the fucker pay, why not?

yeah, he complained of mild nut pain afterwards but it's no worse than you'd get from a kick to the balls. But people have won lawsuits over less so if he can make the fucker pay, why not?
I’d want criminal charges but failing that I’d sue for money

Also its likely not the person in question starting the GoFundMe page.

I dont know how that guy didnt put a beat down on the douchebag. Very good self restraint or sadly he was intimidated.
might be a mix of intimidated and not being a confrontational type.

Either way, he did things to work in his favor.

might be a mix of intimidated and not being a confrontational type.

Either way, he did things to work in his favor.
"

LIAR!
10100267.jpg

Eh the gym that this happened at still banned the guy who was attacked sadly.

Back