Teen robs man's Jordan's, had arm ripped off

I'm no legal expert but it seems a lot of time had passed and the driver was safe and then went vigilante.

That's some severe street justice. Jury can decide. Remember the Gary Plauche case? No jail time for getting his justice.

Meh. He hadn't gotten that far and the moment had certainly not passed. The average person doesn't just settle right down after such an encounter.

Bullets can travel a block. He could have punched it and tried to turn off ASAP, but the threat is BEHIND him until he can get to a safe distance or out of the LOS. He had a gun in his face and his life threatened moments before, therefore his mental state is now volatile. As soon as he felt he could turn the tables, he did. Fight or flight, he chose the former. Can't fault him, he was provoked by a life-ending intense threat of violence.

I'm with you in that he hadn't gotten that far, but you lose me with the rest. If you're scared that someone is going to shoot you while you're in your car, the last thing you do is pull a U-turn and drive up on him.

This whole thing of him being influenced by what just happened only goes so far. I am sympathetic to an extent, and I believe this will be taken into account, but he's still liable. He's not off the hook just because moments earlier he was robbed at gunpoint. That in itself does not warrant a death sentence.

Do you think this is a case of self defense?

Guy sells a pair of Jodans on Craigslist, teen gets inside his car and robs him at gunpoint... things get ugly.

Should the man be charged with taking out the kid's arm off?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...time-lawyer-victim-says-boy-got-deserved.html

Justified imo

street-fighter-2-zangief-win-quotes-1882132.jpg

Get 12 law abiding citizens and watch them acquit this guy in 5 mins.

As they should.

Kid had it coming. Don't rob people and can't deal with them hitting back.

I'm with you in that he hadn't gotten that far, but you lose me with the rest. If you're scared that someone is going to shoot you while you're in your car, the last thing you do is pull a U-turn and drive up on him.

This whole thing of him being influenced by what just happened only goes so far. I am sympathetic to an extent, and I believe this will be taken into account, but he's still liable. He's not off the hook just because moments earlier he was robbed at gunpoint. That in itself does not warrant a death sentence.

Good point, but that's rational/logical thinking, not fight or flight thinking. When he was in the car he likely would've tried something then if he felt he could have. Instead he engaged, what was seemingly the response he had already committed to, when he had the opportunity.

Speculation, of course, but I don't see why we should look to hang a crime on this man. Aside from some tangential fear of setting an unlikely precedent of vigilantism (which would work both ways), I don't see the justice in it.

The entire situation is on the guy who pulled the gun and threatened to end a life over sneakers.

Good point, but that's rational/logical thinking, not fight or flight thinking. When he was in the car he likely would've tried something then if he felt he could have. Instead he engaged, what was seemingly the response he had already committed to, when he had the opportunity.

Speculation, of course, but I don't see why we should look to hang a crime on this man. Aside from some tangential fear of setting an unlikely precedent of vigilantism (which would work both ways), I don't see the justice in it.

The entire situation is on the guy who pulled the gun and threatened to end a life over sneakers.

Without all the details, I'm hesitant to lay a charge or sentence, but I believe this falls under vigilantism. He could have easily killed him and possibly someone else.

I get the argument that he was in shock, but when he's no longer in danger, you can't kill people in cold blood.

Without all the details, I'm hesitant to lay a charge or sentence, but I believe this falls under vigilantism. He could have easily killed him and possibly someone else.

I get the argument that he was in shock, but when he's no longer in danger, you can't kill people in cold blood.

I don't feel nearly enough time elapsed for the average person to have gathered themselves enough to call it cold-blooded murder. But I do understand your POV.

I don't feel nearly enough time elapsed for the average person to have gathered himself enough to call it cold-blooded murder. But I do understand your POV.

We'll see what the court decides, but it's definitely an intriguing case. He's being charged with attempted murder.

Imagine if he serves more time than the robber does? That would be something.

This is one of those emotional cases, so it makes sense for his lawyers to say he got what he deserved. But it basically comes down to if victims should have the right to serve justice to criminals. I dont think they should and this man should be charged.

Driver should do some time but it shouldn't be a heavy sentence. The guy didn't steal his Jordan's by breaking into his car, he pointed a gun at him. That makes a huge difference.

If you collect air Jordan's you should be charged for being a dumbass.

Thieves deserves to be run over.

If you point guns at people to rob them you deserve to die.

want to earn money? Get a job, ask your Mom, set up a go fund me but rob people who got their money honestly? You deserve to die as you are a threat to society.

This is one of those emotional cases, so it makes sense for his lawyers to say he got what he deserved. But it basically comes down to if victims should have the right to serve justice to criminals. I dont think they should and this man should be charged.

This is Arab justice though. I thought you loved that kind of thing.

Crazy idea, but how much did the thief pay for that firearm?

$300+ ?

Easily could have spent that on Jordan's instead. Idiot.

Back