Teen robs man's Jordan's, had arm ripped off

well the arm is back on
anyone know if you can regain use of your arm in a situation like this
My uncle had his finger cut off they reattached it but he can not use it anymore
http://nypost.com/2016/02/13/teen-crook-is-no-longer-a-one-armed-bandit/

I know 2 guys that have had the nerve pulled out of the spine in motorcycle accidents, and both have only regained very minimal use. I assume it'd be similar still (although these accidents happened over a decade ago, so maybe medicine has advanced enough?).

People who collect Jordan's are stupid and should all have their arms chopped off for having such a lame hobby...

I remember another Jordan sale gone wrong and a dude got shot and killed. The mother was like "he was a good boy, shoes were his whole life, all he ever wanted to do was collect jordans, he never hurt anybody"....lol.

Don't bring a gun to a car fight.

I'm fine with the driver maybe getting a small criminal penalty just for the fact that you don't want to incentivize that stuff that would proba
That's not how the justice system works. You don't get a free chance to kill someone if they try to kill you first, after the fact.

He was no longer in danger, and as such, it is not self-defence. He turned the car around and ran the robber over. It's the equivalent of waiting a week, tracking down the robber, and then killing him. There is no difference.

I get what you're trying to say but, legally speaking, there would most definitely be a big difference between how those two cases would be litigated.

someone pointing a gun at me would just send me over the top. Its like this little piece of shit is threatening to end my life? while legally you dont get to get your own revenge, i hope the legal system uses some common sense and doesnt throw the book at this guy like it was just any other attempted murder charge.

agreed, but sometimes you cant excuse things (to a degree) because emotions are running high. There are things that are logical, and things that are not. a man trying to kill you or walking in on a guy balls deep in your wife is one thing. not liking who your daughter has chosen to date, or being mad that a person doesn't support your political views is another. the latter examples have no excuse. the former, while needing some sort of punishment are certainly more understandable.

i never disagreed with you on him needing punishment. i just said that the circumstances need to be taken into account. if you run over a random person for no reason, you need to spend many, many years in jail. maybe even life in jail or the death penalty depending on the circumstances. you run over a guy who just stuck a gun to your head, and a month in jail and some community service should about cover it.

i wouldnt compare someone trying to kill you with your girl cheating on you. If you catch your girl cheating, you do not get to kill her. You kick the bitch to the curb and move on with your life.

Interesting discussion to be had here. I'm going out on a limb and say that the man should indeed be charged with at least vehicular assault, even though I suspect that many here will disagree.
Fuck that. Some punk try's to rob me and then is fucking careless ebough to waltz around as I'm still sitting there. Lucky he's alive. Should have let him bleed out until he passed on.

I think we should all give the driver a hand

i wouldnt compare someone trying to kill you with your girl cheating on you. If you catch your girl cheating, you do not get to kill her. You kick the bitch to the curb and move on with your life.
i didnt say they are equal, i am saying they often cause an emotional reaction. that is why sometime a temporary insanity plea can sometimes be made when killing someone caught in the act of cheating. not only that but holy hell did you distort those circumstances. the guy was not defending himself at that moment as the guy wasnt trying to kill him. and his girl wasnt just cheating, he walked in on them at the moment. but i guess your description helps your argument more

Sounds like a great commercial.....tagline could be "Jordan's are so coveted. You'd literally kill for a pair".

i didnt say they are equal, i am saying they often cause an emotional reaction. that is why sometime a temporary insanity plea can sometimes be made when killing someone caught in the act of cheating. not only that but holy hell did you distort those circumstances. the guy was not defending himself at that moment as the guy wasnt trying to kill him. and his girl wasnt just cheating, he walked in on them at the moment. but i guess your description helps your argument more

i know you didnt say they were equal. I never said you did. I said you shouldnt compare them, which you did. your exact words were "a man trying to kill you or walking in on a guy balls deep in your wife is one thing" I didnt distort anything, i wasnt even talking about the kid in this robbery situation becasue i didnt think you were talking about it. Did the kid even try and kill the man? If your comment about people trying to kill you wasnt just a vague example of a hypothetical situation and you were in fact very directly talking about this one situation and this one situation alone, then i missed that. And it doesnt matter when you find out about the cheating whether its in your face or not, it doesnt in any way compare to someone trying to kill you.

Don't bring a gun to a car fight.

Alright, that was pretty good.

I'm fine with the driver maybe getting a small criminal penalty just for the fact that you don't want to incentivize that stuff that would proba

I get what you're trying to say but, legally speaking, there would most definitely be a big difference between how those two cases would be litigated.

Well, I don't know what his penalty should be, but there should definitely be a penalty.

What would have happened if he killed him or left him paralyzed?

Fuck that. Some punk try's to rob me and then is fucking careless ebough to waltz around as I'm still sitting there. Lucky he's alive. Should have let him bleed out until he passed on.

Yeah, he definitely acted as if there was no danger. Kind of insulting, I imagine.

Probably the last time he tried to strong arm someone...

i know you didnt say they were equal. I never said you did. I said you shouldnt compare them, which you did. your exact words were "a man trying to kill you or walking in on a guy balls deep in your wife is one thing" I didnt distort anything, i wasnt even talking about the kid in this robbery situation becasue i didnt think you were talking about it. Did the kid even try and kill the man? If your comment about people trying to kill you wasnt just a vague example of a hypothetical situation and you were in fact very directly talking about this one situation and this one situation alone, then i missed that. And it doesnt matter when you find out about the cheating whether its in your face or not, it doesnt in any way compare to someone trying to kill you.

they compare in the sense that they both elicit emotional responses that an average person can understand, if not agree with. obviously they are different in scope, much like having a heart attack and getting slapped hard in the face are different. different levels of pain, but painful nonetheless. i was saying those examples are different than not liking who your daughter is dating. an average person is not going to agree with violence just because you are not happy with him.

because of that, although there should indeed be a penalty for killing the guy in the robbery or cheating case, emotions should be considered and perhaps a reduction in penalty should be applied. in the case of killing someone because you don't want him dating your daughter, and ffor no other logical reason, you deserve what you get, and hopefully that's a stiff prison sentence

Haha. Imagine this kid the day of the robbery, I bet he went through all the best and worst possible outcomes in his head - he might've imagined the gun would get taken from him and he'd be arrested/shot, he might've been beaten up...

I bet none of those scenarios he pictured involved his arm being torn off and him being disabled for life.

Good enough for him. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Point a gun at someone's head, prepare for that person to try and kill you. Victim did nothing wrong - gun was pointed at his head, his life was under threat, he turned the tables and put the other guy's life in jeopardy.

That's not how the justice system works. You don't get a free chance to kill someone if they try to kill you first, after the fact.

He was no longer in danger, and as such, it is not self-defence. He turned the car around and ran the robber over. It's the equivalent of waiting a week, tracking down the robber, and then killing him. There is no difference.

Yeah there is - one is in in the heat of the moment with adrenaline through the roof and fear coursing through your veins, the other is pre-meditated.

Yeah there is - one is in in the heat of the moment with adrenaline through the roof and fear coursing through your veins, the other is pre-meditated.

The moment passed when he drove away. It became premeditated when he pulled a U-turn with the intention of running the guy over.

At what point does it become premeditated? When he drives a block? A mile? When he gets home?
It's a slippery slope.

I concede it's not the exact same thing, and he can use the defence that he was not in the right state of mind, but you can use that defence for any crime of passion.

Get fucked, robber.

OVfRvc.gif

Well, that's comeuppance. I wonder how many other innocent folk's faces he's stuck that pistol in. They still remove a hand from thieves in some parts of the world. If that's a just punishment, I suppose the formalities in this case were conveniently foregone.

The moment passed when he drove away. It became premeditated when he pulled a U-turn with the intention of running the guy over.

At what point does it become premeditated? When he drives a block? A mile? When he gets home?
It's a slippery slope.

I concede it's not the exact same thing, and he can use the defence that he was not in the right state of mind, but you can use that defence for any crime of passion.

Meh. He hadn't gotten that far and the moment had certainly not passed. The average person doesn't just settle right down after such an encounter.

Bullets can travel a block. He could have punched it and tried to turn off ASAP, but the threat is BEHIND him until he can get to a safe distance or out of the LOS. He had a gun in his face and his life threatened moments before, therefore his mental state is now volatile. As soon as he felt he could turn the tables, he did. Fight or flight, he chose the former. Can't fault him, he was provoked by a life-ending intense threat of violence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back