Teen robs man's Jordan's, had arm ripped off

That's not how the justice system works. You don't get a free chance to kill someone if they try to kill you first, after the fact.

He was no longer in danger, and as such, it is not self-defence. He turned the car around and ran the robber over. It's the equivalent of waiting a week, tracking down the robber, and then killing him. There is no difference.

there is a big difference, and i am far from a lawyer, but i believe that is looked at differently. when it is done in the heat of the moment, there is more leeway given. much the same as when a man kills another man he finds in bed with his wife. you are not in your normal mind. however, if you take the time to plan it out and do it at a different time, it's an entirely different matter.

as for me, i can certainly see myself driving down the kid the moment after he stuck a gun to my head. however, it is highly unlikely i would be able to do so a week later

I would not want to be on that jury, that's for sure.

First, the attorney general would need to decide if charges will even be brought.

I would hope not, but even if they do. There is no way you can find 12 people that will all CONVICT this guy of a crime.

If I were on the jury, I'm going to either nullify or find him not guilty.

I saw this on my local news channel (I live in Brooklyn) and was shocked.

First of all, the guy in the car is a fucking neurotic scumbag that needs prison time.

Probably the type of guy who'll crash into someone on the road for doing something wrong by accident.

If I was in that situation I would have just let the kid go.

The story about the kid pulling the trigger and the gun jamming is probably bullshit.

Sad story for everyone involved, everyone's a victim and everyone's a scumbag at the same time.

Guy wrecked his car which cost him a few thousand dollars, hes missing his work wages while hes in jail and now has to pay lawyer and court fees
Hes about to lose tens of thousands of dollars all for $190
Gotta be smarter than that

there is a big difference, and i am far from a lawyer, but i believe that is looked at differently. when it is done in the heat of the moment, there is more leeway given. much the same as when a man kills another man he finds in bed with his wife. you are not in your normal mind. however, if you take the time to plan it out and do it at a different time, it's an entirely different matter.

as for me, i can certainly see myself driving down the kid the moment after he stuck a gun to my head. however, it is highly unlikely i would be able to do so a week later

Agreed, this is not looked at in a vacuum, but there is clearly justification for a hearing.

I don't think he gets crucified, but I wanted to play a little devil's advocate given that the WR is notorious for nailing criminals to the wall.

beautiful story. that kid thought it was ok to kill somebody over a pair of shoes. he got what was coming to him.

At first they weren't going to charge the man, but after some deliberation, they did a 180.

In what world is this even a debate? Oh' that's right, America.

Dude chose to rob someone and lost an arm. Too bad.

If you're doing a "Craigslist deal", always, always, always, do your business in front of a police station. If they show, they're more than likely legit. If not, then no big loss.

Agreed, this is not looked at in a vacuum, but there is clearly justification for a hearing.

I don't think he gets crucified, but I wanted to play a little devil's advocate given that the WR is notorious for nailing criminals to the wall.
as i said in my first post, i definitely think he deserves something. just not what a person who randomly did it for no reason, like tat woman here in vegas a couple months ago. and it would be hypocritical for me to always pile on cops for never being held accountable for beating up people and then say this guy should get off.

You definitely gotta charge that driver...

he could have killed an innocent pedestrian, wreckless driving, pretty simple to see.

True justice in my mind says you fuck around and Rob someone at gun point bad things happen to you. You had it coming. If I was a juror would not call him guilty.

as i said in my first post, i definitely think he deserves something. just not what a person who randomly did it for no reason, like tat woman here in vegas a couple months ago. and it would be hypocritical for me to always pile on cops for never being held accountable for beating up people and then say this guy should get off.

I know a guy who was run over. He slept with some girl, and her strict father found him and ran him over with his car. He became a paraplegic, and the guy was out in like 10 years. He was also black, if that matters, and the girl was Asian.

Obviously the guy deserved more than 10 years, even if there was an emotional element to the crime.

True justice in my mind says you fuck around and Rob someone at gun point bad things happen to you. You had it coming. If I was a juror would not call him guilty.
That's about where I'd stand.
The driver is certainly an assailant but it's mitigated by being victimized a moment prior.
Myself, a juror? ... The only way the driver gets convicted is if the jurors are instructed that the prior act must not enter into the question of guilt or innocence.

I know a guy who was run over. He slept with some girl, and her strict father found him and ran him over with his car. He became a paraplegic, and the guy was out in like 10 years. He was also black, if that matters, and the girl was Asian.

Obviously the guy deserved more than 10 years, even if there was an emotional element to the crime.
still different. pointing a gun at someone's head is a serious crime. some guy fucking your daughter isn't unless she is a kid (or rape). and even then, the ages would have to be very different (like she is 12 and guy is 20) to make it even remotely comparable. so in your case, the dad deserves some serious time. he might not like it, but that is life.

still different. pointing a gun at someone's head is a serious crime. some guy fucking your daughter isn't unless she is a kid (or rape). and even then, the ages would have to be very different (like she is 12 and guy is 20) to make it even remotely comparable. so in your case, the dad deserves some serious time. he might not like it, but that is life.

It's a different case, but in terms of emotions running high, there is an argument to be made...

The fact remains that after the fact, you can't kill someone for pointing a gun at you at an earlier time, when you are out of danger. It's not self defence, it's revenge.

I guess Black Lives Matter will somehow get media attention over this crap

Back