Teen robs man's Jordan's, had arm ripped off

Weird case. If the gun actually jammed, meaning the robber attempted to murder him and failed, I'm more sympathetic to the delayed violent reaction

That's not how the justice system works. You don't get a free chance to kill someone if they try to kill you first, after the fact.

He was no longer in danger, and as such, it is not self-defence. He turned the car around and ran the robber over. It's the equivalent of waiting a week, tracking down the robber, and then killing him. There is no difference.

Sounds like the kid got a bargain
True. He did only pay half price. Real poetic justice would have been the loss of a foot.

All the hand/arm/appendage jokes are killing me.

That's not how the justice system works. You don't get a free chance to kill someone if they try to kill you first, after the fact.

He was no longer in danger, and as such, it is not self-defence. He turned the car around and ran the robber over. It's the equivalent of waiting a week, tracking down the robber, and then killing him. There is no difference.
I don't actually know how the justice system works in a case like that. Say a man tries to shove somebody off a roof, but fails, and then walks over to the door leading off the roof, which happens to be close to the edge of the building. Can the guy who was nearly pushed off the roof push the other guy off the roof? I don't know. But what I said was that if the robber tried to kill him, he has my sympathy for the delayed reaction. Funny things happen in people's heads when their lives are threatened.

If you rob me at gunpoint in my car, don't you fucking dare turn your back on me with a "what are you gonna do about it" attitude.
Teachable moments

I don't actually know how the justice system works in a case like that. Say a man tries to shove somebody off a roof, but fails, and then walks over to the door leading off the roof, which happens to be close to the edge of the building. Can the guy who was nearly pushed off the roof push the other guy off the roof? I don't know. But what I said was that if the robber tried to kill him, he has my sympathy for the delayed reaction. Funny things happen in people's heads when their lives are threatened.

Funny things happen, sure. Emotions run high, and I am also empathetic of such a reaction when someone literally just tried to murder you for a pair of shoes.

Nevertheless, that doesn't excuse the fact that you cannot take the law into your own hands. Someone who tried to murder you (past tense) deserves due process, not being executed in the street.

Funny things happen, sure. Emotions run high, and I am also empathetic of such a reaction when someone literally just tried to murder you for a pair of shoes.

Nevertheless, that doesn't excuse the fact that you cannot take the law into your own hands. Someone who tried to murder you (past tense) deserves due process, not being executed in the street.
I'm with you, but is it past tense if it's seconds later, and you are in a state of mind that still perceives the person to be a danger to everyone? That's why my feelings hinge on whether the robber tried to kill him or not. I wonder what our legal minds think about it.

I'll be honest, for as much as the logical side of me says that the driver should be punished, a bigger part of me says that the thief got what he deserves.

My reasoning is that if you decide to break the law to commit a crime, you should be prepared for any and all possibilities. You can't threaten a person's life and be surprised when he acts in kind.

I'm with you, but is it past tense if it's seconds later, and you are in a state of mind that still perceives the person to be a danger to everyone? That's why my feelings hinge on whether the robber tried to kill him or not. I wonder what our legal minds think about it.

It's past tense because the guy drove away and was down the street before he pulled a U-turn and ran the robber over. He was literally in zero danger. Past tense.

I believe the court may be sympathetic to his mental state, and again, I get it, but this is not an open-and-shut case of self-defence, far from it.

It's past tense because the guy drove away and was down the street before he pulled a U-turn and ran the robber over. He was literally in zero danger. Past tense.

I believe the court may be sympathetic to his mental state, and again, I get it, but this is not an open-and-shut case of self-defence, far from it.
I would not want to be on that jury, that's for sure.

It's sounds like justice, but on the other hand....

Holy shit driver is baddass, i think he chould be charged with something but no sympathy for someone robbing at gun point.

Bwuhahaha!
Don't blame the guy for going all GTA on that punks ass.

Back