Teen girl accidentally shot brother in head(Darwin Award)

I guess these kind of pics are popular.

fkMic.jpg

Interesting quibble about the 2nd amendment: nowhere does it say gun, it says arms. At some point, I think just about everyone believes in some form of arms control, lest you think it should be a constitutional right to own a nuclear or biological weapon. The distinction between what arms are legal and what aren't is rather arbitrary.

Not saying gun control is good or right, just that everyone's stance probably falls on a spectrum, not a binary decision.

I wouldn

Rule #1 - All guns are loaded guns, even when empty. My friend took this one time so seriously that his gun was completely taken apart, and I was holding the barrel. I was essentially holding a tube. He got mad at me when I looked through it at him like a telescope. That's how powerful this advice has become.

When I was a kid one of my buddies would always pull out his dads guns. I would always walk out of the room instantly. Found out later that the AK and the M4 were purposely jammed, you couldn't pull the trigger, and they were out of commission. The handgun though, I stayed away from that shit.

When it comes to alcohol, don't play with ANY weapons. I almost lodged a knife in my buddies thigh. We were all drinking at a UFC event and he was showing me techniques on how to open knives. My hands always seem to be sweaty, so when I did the reverse opening trick it flew right out of my hands and he dodged it but cut his jeans a bit. I realized something that night, guns aren't the only dangerous thing to be cautious of. Swords, knives, batting practice, driving, etc. Any person who is drunk is highly capable of injuring someone on accident.

I wouldn’t describe it as “arbitrary”, as the federal government up until recently has been pretty clear on what civilians can and cannot own. Automatic firearms for instance (contrary to the belief of many), have been highly restricted and effectively illegal to own since 1934. As have other large scale military weapons as you have described. Its these more recent AWB's that are full of nonsense, mostly politicians spinning thier wheels while trying to convince voters they are doing something.

Not sure the point you are making by distinguishing “arms” from “guns”. “Arms” does not necessarily mean guns, but it certainly included them.

His point is that arms also includes bombs and nuclear weapons, so at least at some level it's necessary to draw the line, unless you want the Whites of West Virginia taking on Cuba.

His point is that arms also includes bombs and nuclear weapons, so at least at some level it's necessary to draw the line, unless you want the Whites of West Virginia taking on Cuba.

And my point is all of those things have been heavily regulated/made illegal for almost a century. So what are we talking about here?

I really wonder which percentage of sherdoggers live in an area that makes them feel like they need a gun?

I live in a place which is full of junkies/alcos and cons. I don't feel threatened by them, just annoyed because I would like to sleep at nights, and disgusted which is self explanatory.

And yes I know that responsible people don't get themselves shot via accident while posing like a stupid fucking "thug". American gun laws just seem to be so loose that every fucking idiot gets their hands on at least one. Japan for example has so ridiculously strict laws, that there's next to none firearm deaths a year(read at some newspaper).

/Rant

It's just such a shame to read about these kind of events on a regular basis.

You've decided to live by "i'll wait til something horrible happens to me or someone i love and then consider gun ownership." I'm not waiting for that to happen.

And my point is all of those things have been heavily regulated/made illegal for almost a century. So what are we talking about here?

Saying that the 2nd amendment means that owning X type of gun is constitutionally protected is ignoring the fact that the constitution doesn't say gun, it says arms. And it says arms without any qualifications such that any type of arms is protected. Any legislation that restricts any arms ownership is theoretically unconstitutional, since the amendment offers no qualifications on what an arm is or what types of arms are procteded.

I'm saying no one, or very few, actually believe in unfettered availability of any type of arms, and that our stances fall on a spectrum. So you can either accept that the government is allowed to draw the line on the arms for practical purposes (which isn't limited to the right to bear arms either) and that that line is arbitrarily made by the legislators (or pundits for that matter), or you accept that the amendment truly protects all arms and any legislation is unconstitutional. Obviously, most people fall in the first camp, I imagine you do. But that also has the consequence that saying owning X type of gun is constitutionally protected is really subject to wether or not the government says it is protected. If the government disagrees, then you're out of luck.

For the record, I'm not really in favor of gun control. But that stems from practical reasons and not my interpretation of the second amendment.

You've decided to live by "i'll wait til something horrible happens to me or someone i love and then consider gun ownership." I'm not waiting for that to happen.

And I respect your choice and all. It's just that if all these foam mouths wouldn't be able to get guns, you wouldn't necessarily feel the need for one?

In here it's not even legal(at least I think so) to carry a gun. And yeah I've been on another end of a knife and I understand if something like that triggers someone to want extra protection.

It's a vicious circle.

I thought the real question should have been why he was wearing sunnies indoors.

And I respect your choice and all. It's just that if all these foam mouths wouldn't be able to get guns, you wouldn't necessarily feel the need for one?

In here it's not even legal(at least I think so) to carry a gun. And yeah I've been on another end of a knife and I understand if something like that triggers someone to want extra protection.

It's a vicious circle.

If there was a way for them to not get their hands on one i might feel more comfortable but they get them illegally anyway so i find it hard to go for laws against ppl who get them legally.

Ive had someone with a knife come running at me also when i didnt have a gun. I was like 17 years old.

Stupid people do stupid things...and die

At first I was sad, but then after seeing the picture..... I lol'd.

Back