Teen girl accidentally shot brother in head(Darwin Award)

How does a Mod even walk that line? -does it need to be cut and dry racist trolling to get a Ban?

What if a racist posted an intelligent conversation about their racial feeling? (Not that I'm holding my breath and waiting for that)

What about all of the biggoted humor on here?

I just don't see where the line can be drawn.

I'll check the rules -but I'm sure there are implied ones the Mods follow too.
Questioning this sort of thing will drive you mad, because moderation is applied by the moderator more than any rule. As moderators differ, so does the application. It's not a perfect system, but none are and -- even though we realize this truth in computers, bureaucracy, and our own aging bodies -- it's funny that we always want EVERYTHING to run perfectly.

The main keys to moderating a "racist" post are:

1. Moderator bias -- some moderators are more sensitive to race issues than others
2. Impact/Incitement -- this is actually the most important factor, even though it's second in the chronological sequence. Jokes get risky, and if it sets off a lot of copycats who don't know how to ride the line -- it gets nipped in the bud
3. User History -- YMMV

A major reason I don't have guns in my home. One of my friends once picked up a .22 at my parents house, pulled the trigger, and shot a hole in the roof. My jaw could not have hit the floor harder. A confluence of idiots, another friend had left a round in the chamber, and then somebody thought it was okay to pull the trigger. No matter how careful you are, no matter how much you know about gun safety, there is always some goddamned imbecile who manages to get ahold of the gun and shoot themself or somebody else. You cannot predict the stupidity of others because it's beyond all measure. It's like a swimming pool: I love them, but there is too much stupidity in this world for me to have one at my house.

Instead, guns should stay at the range, or locked up unloaded for when you want to go hunting or something.

A major reason I don't have guns in my home. One of my friends once picked up a .22 at my parents house, pulled the trigger, and shot a hole in the roof. My jaw could not have hit the floor harder. A confluence of idiots, another friend had left a round in the chamber, and then somebody thought it was okay to pull the trigger. No matter how careful you are, no matter how much you know about gun safety, there is always some goddamned imbecile who manages to get ahold of the gun and shoot themself or somebody else. You cannot predict the stupidity of others because it's beyond all measure. It's like a swimming pool: I love them, but there is too much stupidity in this world for me to have one at my house.

Instead, guns should stay at the range, or locked up unloaded for when you want to go hunting or something.

If you know about gun safety, you don't leave a loaded gun out when there are other ppl around and never leave a loaded gun unattended. My last gf had 2 small children and i never left my gun laying around. My gun is on the desk right now while I type. I know there isnt one in the chamber because i check it all the time. I'll probably check it again before i walk out the door in a minute just to triple check. I agree there are a lot of idiots out there but if you follow gun safety, idiots wont be able put their hands on a loaded gun.

31779106.jpg

im a terrible perosn
i laughed

Regardless if they knew it was loaded or not, posing with a gun for facebook photos is one of the dumbest ways to die.

I really wonder which percentage of sherdoggers live in an area that makes them feel like they need a gun?

I live in a place which is full of junkies/alcos and cons. I don't feel threatened by them, just annoyed because I would like to sleep at nights, and disgusted which is self explanatory.

And yes I know that responsible people don't get themselves shot via accident while posing like a stupid fucking "thug". American gun laws just seem to be so loose that every fucking idiot gets their hands on at least one. Japan for example has so ridiculously strict laws, that there's next to none firearm deaths a year(read at some newspaper).

/Rant

It's just such a shame to read about these kind of events on a regular basis.

If you know about gun safety, you don't leave a loaded gun out when there are other ppl around and never leave a loaded gun unattended. My last gf had 2 small children and i never left my gun laying around. My gun is on the desk right now while I type. I know there isnt one in the chamber because i check it all the time. I'll probably check it again before i walk out the door in a minute just to triple check. I agree there are a lot of idiots out there but if you follow gun safety, idiots wont be able put their hands on a loaded gun.

I agree, my point is that people are far too lax about gun safety because they systematically underestimate how stupid other people are, and also how far people (especially kids) will go to get and play with guns. Think about when you were a kid. Even if it's locked unloaded in a safe, do you really think that's going to stop a twelve year old who is itching to get his hands on it? It's like trying to hide your stack of Playboys. It doesn't work, the kids are relentless, ingenious, and figure stuff out way too easily.

And even if you teach your kids proper gun safety, which you should, then there is usually some fvcktarded friend they bring along who gets his hands on it.

I really wonder which percentage of sherdoggers live in an area that makes them feel like they need a gun?

I live in a place which is full of junkies/alcos and cons. I don't feel threatened by them, just annoyed because I would like to sleep at nights, and disgusted which is self explanatory.

And yes I know that responsible people don't get themselves shot via accident while posing like a stupid fucking "thug". American gun laws just seem to be so loose that every fucking idiot gets their hands on at least one. Japan for example has so ridiculously strict laws, that there's next to none firearm deaths a year(read at some newspaper).

/Rant

It's just such a shame to read about these kind of events on a regular basis.

True. I am all for private ownership of guns, but the "well-regulated militia" part seems to be left out, so that even the biggest cretin imaginable can get guns with no supervision and no control. Makes no sense at all. Laws need to be strict enough to prevent idiots from getting guns, and preventing guns from being used without proper gun safety procedures ... but not so strict that this prevents responsible law-abiding citizens from keeping guns in a proper manner.

Clearly the Darwin rejects that inspired this thread should never have been allowed anywhere near a firearm, loaded or not.

True. I am all for private ownership of guns, but the "well-regulated militia" part seems to be left out, so that even the biggest cretin imaginable can get guns with no supervision and no control.

Its not "left out", its simply that the personal right to bear arms was never contingent on being part of a "well regulated militia". The founding fathers were as clear as can be on this subject. It is only the gun control advocates that like to create thier own interpretations of the 2nd amendment, as if its the only quote we have from the founding fathers regarding gun control.

I bet she still uploads it to Facebook with some generic girly caption. "Hair's messy but so is my bro's brain lol!"

It could just be a very well planned murder.

If he and the other two would have had guns on them this wouldn't have happened.

Its not "left out", its simply that the personal right to bear arms was never contingent on being part of a "well regulated militia". The founding fathers were as clear as can be on this subject. It is only the gun control advocates that like to create thier own interpretations of the 2nd amendment, as if its the only quote we have from the founding fathers regarding gun control.

Interesting quibble about the 2nd amendment: nowhere does it say gun, it says arms. At some point, I think just about everyone believes in some form of arms control, lest you think it should be a constitutional right to own a nuclear or biological weapon. The distinction between what arms are legal and what aren't is rather arbitrary.

Not saying gun control is good or right, just that everyone's stance probably falls on a spectrum, not a binary decision.

Back