Crime Teen arrested for hate crime for racist joke

A few years back, there was a black teenager running for class President(I think from New Jersey) and he got caught sending himself racist tweets in order to get support from his fellow classmates to get elected. He didn't get charged with anything. In fact, I bet everyone here is just hearing about this story for the first time.
nobody would have heard of this story either if Happy Man wasn’t so rock hard about doing mental gymnastics to weaponize it against the left.

A joke is saying to someone hey. Wouldn’t it be funny if I posted your pic on Craigslist and said you were available for slave duties?

by posting a picture of an actual person, then posting in a formal forum for everyone to see bringing up a painful historical travesty is not a joke. Imagine taking a pic of Jewish people walking to synagogue on Friday and posting on a website for everyone to see, oh look, strolling to auschwitz. Is that funny? If it is, you are a sick piece of shit.

Lol that is funny! You can’t criminalize a sense of humor. It’s beyond Stalinesqe to do so.

you don’t get to be the arbiter if what jokes are ok or not ok. People get to offend people.

the pure authoritarian fascism from many responses in this thread should be shocking.

nobody would have heard of this story either if Happy Man wasn’t so rock hard about doing mental gymnastics to weaponize it against the left.

people should hear this story. Some kid is getting railroaded by insane liberals. People need to know the threat is growing.

Lol that is funny! You can’t criminalize a sense of humor. It’s beyond Stalinesqe to do so.

you don’t get to be the arbiter if what jokes are ok or not ok. People get to offend people.

the pure authoritarian fascism from many responses in this thread should be shocking.
Agreed, its shocking, the brainwashing really is complete.

No one is saying the slave ad was funny but what crime is it? The fact that some of you are OK with some form of legal punishment over an offensive sense of humor is scary.

A joke is saying to someone hey. Wouldn’t it be funny if I posted your pic on Craigslist and said you were available for slave duties?

by posting a picture of an actual person, then posting in a formal forum for everyone to see bringing up a painful historical travesty is not a joke. Imagine taking a pic of Jewish people walking to synagogue on Friday and posting on a website for everyone to see, oh look, strolling to auschwitz. Is that funny? If it is, you are a sick piece of shit.

Lol wrong person to ask about jews.

I thought pranks were for the pleasure of the pranker.

I dont fuck with pranks for that exact reason.

she should atleast get sold to slavery for that.

MUY CALIENTE!!!!
bueno-excellente-34790023.png

Some Arab sheik would buy her for no less than 50 million. That ponytail is gonna get tugged every day, 5 times a day, like prayer.

But on a serious side.....no. She should not be punished.

Agreed, its shocking, the brainwashing really is complete.

No one is saying the slave ad was funny but what crime is it? The fact that some of you are OK with some form of legal punishment over an offensive sense of humor is scary.

Regardless of your sense of humor, posting somebody’s photo without their consent can be illegal in three ways: violation of right of publicity, defamation, violation of privacy. In addition to that, electronic harassment is a crime in many states, and there are cyberbullying laws as well.

So yeah, it’s not “brainwashing” that makes this a crime. There are a variety of ways that this can be considered illegal. It was not just a bad joke, there were specific ways that it broke the law.

That’s not to say I agree with the details of this story. I am very hesitant to have kids charged with crimes because it puts them in a system they may not belong in. I don’t know what a “junior felony” is, and what the result will be. But it’s a juvenile charge, not an adult charge, so hopefully it won’t follow him into adulthood.

The kid is only 14, that’s really young. I think there are a dozen ways they can teach him a lesson, and maybe the positive aspect of using the law is that they can take advantage of this opportunity to make him do some community service or something that will build some character.

The kid was arrested because the police considered the "Joke" a criminal threat since the boy said he was gonna put Black kid into slavery. Me personally I don't care that he was apprehended, that's one less racist off the street.

Trying to humiliate and fuck with someone's life isn't a joke. TS showing his true colors, though it's pretty well known already.

They don't call this place sherfront for nothing. What the kid did is considered cyberbullying which is a crime in many states but for obvious reasons a lot of posters seem to just skip over that.

Regardless of your sense of humor, posting somebody’s photo without their consent can be illegal in three ways: violation of right of publicity, defamation, violation of privacy. In addition to that, electronic harassment is a crime in many states, and there are cyberbullying laws as well.

So yeah, it’s not “brainwashing” that makes this a crime. There are a variety of ways that this can be considered illegal. It was not just a bad joke, there were specific ways that it broke the law.

That’s not to say I agree with the details of this story. I am very hesitant to have kids charged with crimes because it puts them in a system they may not belong in. I don’t know what a “junior felony” is, and what the result will be. But it’s a juvenile charge, not an adult charge, so hopefully it won’t follow him into adulthood.

The kid is only 14, that’s really young. I think there are a dozen ways they can teach him a lesson, and maybe the positive aspect of using the law is that they can take advantage of this opportunity to make him do some community service or something that will build some character.

This. You can debate whether the punishment is too harsh, but to frame this as a harmless joke (like the TS has done) is ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with this idiot being arrested for a hate crime. What a stupid and cruel thing to do. The problem here is that if a hateful, racist "joke" were played on a white male, then there would be no charges. If a society is going to go down this road of charging people for hate-crimes, then there should be clear standards and consistency.

The kid was arrested because the police considered the "Joke" a criminal threat since the boy said he was gonna put Black kid into slavery. Me personally I don't care that he was apprehended, that's one less racist off the street.

Imagine the racial abuse towards white kids that goes on in inner city schools. We should help them too, and get some racists off the streets

No, it isn't.

So what do you consider a suitable response by the school? A week in detention?

Just for one second try to place yourself in the shoes of the victim. Not only is your existence and history being mocked for the sake of a "joke" but it also creates a climate of hostility for any other minorities at the school. Not to mention the compassionate white students who would also feel deeply offended by this.

All the pushback to stories like this come from trolls who believe their right to offend supersedes the victims' grievances. All they're asking is to go about their day without being mocked. Is that too much to ask?
unfortunately someone feeling bad does not a crime make. Now if the kid was doing it constantly and giving out the guy's phone number etc then bam not problem with a harassment charge. A joke, no matter in how poor taste it is, should not be a crime.

You're one to talk about racists, considering the avatar you're rocking....

Oh wait...I take that back...the avatar is not a racist. :eek:

He's a fucking sellout pussy-ass BITCH. <bball1>

so what was this thread about again? <Moves>

Christ on his Cross......

this teenager was not going to forcefully enslave the dude and sell him on Craigslist.

its a fucking joke. If you can’t see that, you fail at life.
Why did you delete the part where he says he knows the kid wasn't going to sell him on craigslist?

This is one of those stories where the outcome should upset me in theory but the details of said story have me not giving a single fvck. Sucks to be that kid. The moral lesson IMO? Be a good person.

From what I understand juvenile records will be expunged in adulthood (won't show on a background check) after some years and/or reaching adulthood depending on their current criminal status and varying by the severity of the crime and the state.

Back