Crime Teen arrested for hate crime for racist joke

You could say that about any kids using Facebook, Twitter etc. to bully their peers. It happens everyday, probably thousands of times a day, all over the world.

He was bullying the kid, it was a disgusting thing to do, as often is the case with bullying. You don’t charge a high schooler with double felony hate crimes for bullying. It’s wildly disproportionate.

its insane. I love stories like this bc the leftists show how unhinged they are. No rational thought left.

giphy.gif

Yeah but hate crime isn’t a charge you can get arrested for. It’s a motivation for a charge that’s already illegal. So two hate crime charges means two crimes committed and disorderly conduct is the only one I’ve seen. So maybe the other is harassment through electronic means or something but it could be more serious. We don’t know all the details obviously.

but they tell us. It was misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Which you’d pay a fine for. I think they can have 30 days max but you always just pay a fine and plead no contest. I still don’t even see how this is disorderly conduct.

so they decided to slap on two huge felonies on top of that. This is what happens when liberals are in the real world, and put their liberalism above everything. Especially common sense

Of course none of us ever made mistakes or bad jokes when we were teenagers.

its insane. I love stories like this bc the leftists show how unhinged they are. No rational thought left.
I think this is more about the establishment than left. Lots of principled leftists are against legislating stuff like this. Police departments and prosecutors aren't exactly bastions of liberalism, yet they're throwing the book at this kid. It's because the corporate establishment has decided that racism, homophobia, sexism, etc. is bad for business. Most Democratic lawmakers are beholden to corporations rather than liberal or left wing principles.

yes it is. People play jokes at other peoples expense all the time.

Youre showing your true colors is all. Fascism of the modern leftist

Posting a picture of someone without their permission and posting it on a public website, using racial slurs directed at them in said post is more than a "joke". You're dismissal of the severity of it is what speaks to you're true colors.

You could say that about any kids using Facebook, Twitter etc. to bully their peers. It happens everyday, probably thousands of times a day, all over the world.

He was bullying the kid, it was a disgusting thing to do, as often is the case with bullying. You don’t charge a high schooler with double felony hate crimes for bullying. It’s wildly disproportionate.

Actually you can't.

Facebook is peer to peer, you can block people and make your profile private.

Craigslist is a completely public forum.

Of course none of us ever made mistakes or bad jokes when we were teenagers.
I'm glad that everything I did at that age didn't get recorded or immortalized on social media and the internet.

Posting a picture of someone without their permission and posting it on a public website, using racial slurs directed at them in said post is more than a "joke". You're dismissal of the severity of it is what speaks to you're true colors.
It’s not severe. That’s the point of this thread. Feeling being hurt doesn’t make a crime. Especially a hate crime.

it’s obviously a crass joke. Meant to illicit a laugh.

but they tell us. It was misdemeanor disorderly conduct. Which you’d pay a fine for. I think they can have 30 days max but you always just pay a fine and plead no contest. I still don’t even see how this is disorderly conduct.

so they decided to slap on two huge felonies on top of that. This is what happens when liberals are in the real world, and put their liberalism above everything. Especially common sense
I don’t see how you can get two hate crime charges out of one underlying charge. It would have to be at least two counts of disorderly conduct, but I haven’t seen that reported.

So like I said it seems like we’re missing some information here.

I don't really see how this is a crime. Grounds for an ass kicking, sure. But whats the crime?

I don't really see how this is a crime. Grounds for an ass kicking, sure. But whats the crime?

offending liberal sentiments. We aren’t fascists here. Some people want to turn us into the UK. Where MEMES get you arrested.

Damn charged with felonies? I've seen videos of mobs of black teens beating down white kids and they didn't get charged with crimes like that.

Must be that white privilege I keep hearing about. :rolleyes:

A few years back, there was a black teenager running for class President(I think from New Jersey) and he got caught sending himself racist tweets in order to get support from his fellow classmates to get elected. He didn't get charged with anything. In fact, I bet everyone here is just hearing about this story for the first time.

Close the ad, let the parents decide his punishment if they so please. Arrested for a hate crime? Ridiculous.

You’re trash. That’s a trash opinion. Trash.

<Gordonhat>
A joke is saying to someone hey. Wouldn’t it be funny if I posted your pic on Craigslist and said you were available for slave duties?

by posting a picture of an actual person, then posting in a formal forum for everyone to see bringing up a painful historical travesty is not a joke. Imagine taking a pic of Jewish people walking to synagogue on Friday and posting on a website for everyone to see, oh look, strolling to auschwitz. Is that funny? If it is, you are a sick piece of shit.

Back