Crime Teen arrested for hate crime for racist joke

And it’s funny.

Offensive of course, and shouldn’t be tolerated by the school. But illegal? Fuuuuuck no.

Being offensive and dumb isn’t a crime.

Good job completely misrepresenting the story.

Sounds like a case out of the UK, not US. As a LIBERTARIAN leftist, I'm against legislating stuff like this. I don't have all of the details, but it seems like he shouldn't be charged according to First Amendment rights. Maybe you could make a case for harassment, depending on the details.

Sounds like a case out of the UK, not US. As a LIBERTARIAN leftist, I'm against legislating stuff like this. I don't have all of the details, but it seems like he shouldn't be charged according to First Amendment rights. Maybe you could make a case for harassment, depending on the details.

then all jokes become harassment. We can’t have that be the case

where’s the joke?
He took a pic of an AA classmate and posted "slave for sale."

Thats the joke cuz, well, we dont sell slaves, so theres the joke. Did it land good? No and thats why were here.

He took a pic of an AA classmate and posted "slave for sale."

Thats the joke cuz, well, we dont sell slaves, so theres the joke. Did it land good? No and thats why were here.
{<huh}

then all jokes become harassment. We can’t have that be the case
What I mean is if there's a legitimate case for harassment, then that could be a legitimate charge which would be in line with 1A. Not that the post itself should be considered harassment just because it's offensive.

Do you know of a slave shop? Maybe this ISNT a joke afterall.
um, human trafficking?

obviously the ad wasn’t meant to be a serious attempt to sell another person, but it’s clearly not a “””””joke”””””

um, human trafficking?

obviously the ad wasn’t meant to be a serious attempt to sell another person, but it’s clearly not a joke.
Damn. You surprised me, i thought you were gonna be a smart ass. Youre right, that does exist. Didnt think of it.

Guess i went to the joke side cuz he said "classmate" and well, shit, who would be a good human trafficker moving bodies on craigslist?

um, human trafficking?
Christ on his Cross......

this teenager was not going to forcefully enslave the dude and sell him on Craigslist.

its a fucking joke. If you can’t see that, you fail at life.

Back