Teddy's speech before round 10

I already answered your question. He should be offering specific ways to get his offense off while minimizing body shot damage. Hit and hold. Pot shot and turn. counter the body shots to keep him honest. Stay off the ropes, no more than three punch combinations to conserve energy. Telling him to talk to his body meaninglessly addresses only the symptom of the problem, and motivation and that just does not cut it at that level of a boxing match.
Buddy, Teddy's trying to get him to NOT quit on the stool. All the technical work/gameplaning whould have been in the bag for months already.

How many world champions have you trained eh?

Fair enough, but that should have been looked after long before the fight took place since Beterbiev wasn't doing anything that he hasn't always done... it wasn't like his movement was a surprize right?
sure... but if anything that’s worse. gvozdyk already knows he shouldn’t give up. the trainer is there to make sure this situation doesn’t happen lol

Teddy is a fraud. Always has been. Your fighter needs advice, not some idiot vomiting out prepared speeches for the camera.

Buddy, Teddy's trying to get him to NOT quit on the stool. All the technical work/gameplaning whould have been in the bag for months already.

How many world champions have you trained eh?

What's the point of coach being in a fighters corner it all that matters if the pre - fight game plan? Game plans are central to a fighters preparation, but their also NEEDS to be in fight adjustments and a coaches in fight analysis helps a fighter to do that. And are you saying that unless I've trained a world champion my opinion can't be valid? But to answer your question I've trained the same number of world champions as you.

Didn't see that but damn, that's some bad advice, almost as bad as Trinidad's father telling him he's winning the Hopkins fight.

Not surprising at all though, Teddy Atlas blows.

Remember he's the man that when asked once "Why do Mexicans fights in a way, europeans in another way, americans, etc."

Instead of simply saying "well, it's their boxing culture, depends on the training gym, they love to give a show, etc."

He said, it depends on the race, if you come from an aggressive race like Mexicans, you will fight aggressively.

It's not word for word but he said that and I haven't been able to take him seriously since then.

A lot of hate for Teddy for trying to pump up his fighter who's spirits were just about broken. You think some nuanced technical tweak would have actually made a difference at that stage?

What's the point of coach being in a fighters corner it all that matters if the pre - fight game plan? Game plans are central to a fighters preparation, but their also NEEDS to be in fight adjustments and a coaches in fight analysis helps a fighter to do that. And are you saying that unless I've trained a world champion my opinion can't be valid? But to answer your question I've trained the same number of world champions as you.

So.... fewer champs then Teddy Atlas, then.

Without hearing the between rounds advice throughout the fight, you're blowing smoke out of your ass based on a few seconds of coverage. Do you believe that adjustments weren't being made throughout the fight?

In that particular moment in time I think I'd prefer Teddy's assessment as to what his fighter needed over that of some rando Sherdogger.
I believe that Teddy saw what I saw, and that was a fighter that wanted to quit on the stool... That would have been more damaging to Gvozdyk's future then going out the way he did IMO. The boxing public often doesn't forgive a quitter. He needed motivation, not instruction in that instant.

So.... fewer champs then Teddy Atlas, then.

Without hearing the between rounds advice throughout the fight, you're blowing smoke out of your ass based on a few seconds of coverage. Do you believe that adjustments weren't being made throughout the fight?

In that particular moment in time I think I'd prefer Teddy's assessment as to what his fighter needed over that of some rando Sherdogger.
I believe that Teddy saw what I saw, and that was a fighter that wanted to quit on the stool... That would have been more damaging to Gvozdyk's future then going out the way he did IMO. The boxing public often doesn't forgive a quitter. He needed motivation, not instruction in that instant.

Yes and again the same as you, so if my opinion is not valid than neither is yours.
So your basically saying that no boxing coach that has worked with champion has ever made a mistake with their fighter, and can never been criticized by anyone other than other championship level coaches? And I assume that based on your reasoning you only affirm boxing coaches decisions regardless of the context or situation because your just some random Sherdogger? Whether you actually believe and are living what you say that is some retarded logic. Just because you lack the ability to critique boxing on a professional level does'nt mean other people have some same problem.

In this particular moment I would prefer an assessment from an individual with common sense rather than a random Sherdogger that affirms boxing coaches decisions like a cult member.

LOL Ofcourse you saw what Teddy Saw, your as delusional as he was during that point of the fight. Where adjustment's made?? Teddy asked him to make a couple of adjustments, but regardless of this Gvozdyk's body was getting blasted and he was basically broken down and he was having significant problems with Beterbiev Jab and body shots. So your fighter is about to quit on the stool, and it makes sense to you to motivate that fighter to continue fighting a fight they are getting their ass kicked in without giving them some strategies to protect themselves or um.... turn things around? I have to say that talking a fighter into continuing to get his ass kicked because it would look better than them quitting on the stool is even more retarded than your appeal to authority above.

You know motivation and instruction, as you put it, are actually connected, in that by providing a fighter with instruction or answers to problems they are having you can increase their motivation to fight. Gvoszdyk needed some instruction as it may have enabled him to last the full twelve or turn the tide of the fight, but we will never know now due an obvious error from Teddy.

Last edited:
Hand to God...... Teddy or Buddy McGirt?
McGirt looks out for the fighter at least. Teddy is more concerned with showing up on ESPN being touted for some goofy speech he made.

Teddy is fully aware that the media and boxing public were expecting a speech at that moment and even in that regard he fell horribly short. Telling a fighter to ask their body to come back to them is the opposite of inspiring.

Last edited:
Yes and again the same as you, so if my opinion is not valid than neither is yours.
So your basically saying that no boxing coach that has worked with champion has ever made a mistake with their fighter, and can never been criticized by anyone other than other championship level coaches? And I assume that based on your reasoning you only affirm boxing coaches decisions regardless of the context or situation because your just some random Sherdogger? Whether you actually believe and are living what you say that is some retarded logic. Just because you lack the ability to critique boxing on a professional level does'nt mean other people have some same problem.

In this particular moment I would prefer an assessment from an individual with common sense rather than a random Sherdogger that affirms boxing coaches decisions like a cult member.

LOL Ofcourse you saw what Teddy Saw, your as delusional as he was during that point of the fight. Where adjustment's made?? Teddy asked him to make a couple of adjustments, but regardless of this Gvozdyk's body was getting blasted and he was basically broken down and he was having significant problems with Beterbiev Jab and body shots. So your fighter is about to quit on the stool, and it makes sense to you to motivate that fighter to continue fighting a fight they are getting their ass kicked in without giving them some strategies to protect themselves or um.... turn things around? I have to say that talking a fighter into continuing to get his ass kicked because it would look better than them quitting on the stool is even more retarded than your appeal to authority above.

You know motivation and instruction, as you put it, are actually connected, in that by providing a fighter with instruction or answers to problems they are having you can increase their motivation to fight. Gvoszdyk could have benefited from some instruction as it may have enabled him to last the full twelve or turn the tide of the fight, but we will never know now due an obvious error from Teddy.
TL, DR

Maybe later..I’ll just assume you regurgitated the same shit you already have.

Teddy is a z lister now and acts up appropriately/inappropriately. Silly cunt.

Back