Teddy Atlas

Dragonstyle915

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I just had to. This is my first night on Sherdog and I cant stop posting. The reason is because im so excited about Boxing lately.

I owe it all to one man. The man on the title. Teddy Atlas. I dont know what it is. But this guy is just awsome at calling fights. Awsome at explaining fights. Of course, he has his own mind and I wont always agree with him on certain things. Hearing this guy talk for 5 minutes can make you understand so much more about boxing. It can also make you see things which you did see but actually missed. (example; I thought Hopkins should have beaten Calzaghe but once he gave his thoughts I still beleive Hopkins won but I see why Calzaghe got the decision where prior to that i was baffled)

I am excited to watch Wed and Fri night fights. Im always interested in Teddy's thoughs. This guy needs to be on HBO. Or atleast do a special guest fight-plan for Boxing after Dark and WCB fights. The fight plan is brilliant.

I dont even know exactly why I stopped watching Boxing at a regular basis. For a while I just looked at results on fights on ESPN.COM. I still saw PPV fights here and there. But I kind of put Boxing away and stopped following it like I used to for a while.

I actually got into the UFC and at first, to be honest, I thought to my self "Man this stuff is more exciting than Boxing". I honestly felt that way for some time. I felt for sure once people saw UFC Boxing was going downhill. Looking back I dont know why I felt that way? I still watch UFC and MMA btw. I still like the sport and consider my self a fan. But I kina came back to my "roots" with Boxing. I remember I argued with family members on how UFC is taking over and how much more exciting it is. :icon_conf and i believed what I was saying. Honestly. Maybe it was something 'new', something 'fresh'. or I dunno. I thought all the fights were better than any Boxing match I had ever seen. Looking back I dont know why I felt that way.

All I know is that i somehow bcame religiously inlove with boxing in the last few months again. Friday Night fights has given me something to look forward to and its all thanks to Teddy Atlas. The man is a Boxing genious. And who knows, maybe how I feel about him now is how i felt with the whole MMA thing for a while. But im living it up. lol.

Sorry if this post wasnt something I was suppose to do... im new here lol

agreed atlas is the man when commenting fights. Have you seen the asshats on vs? what a joke.

I am excited about boxing because of fighters fighting. It's cool if Atlas made you a fan, that means he is doing a good job.

Teddy is one of the great boxing minds around, IMO. The guys understands boxing on an astonishing level. Too bad he has trouble dealing with fighters egos. His autobiography was a hell of a read.

Atlas is a great commentator. I'll agree with you on that. Glad he's helped make a new fan....

agreed atlas is the man when commenting fights. Have you seen the asshats on vs? what a joke.

Oh my god, those guys on Vs. are horrendous. It's like the whole time they just are not even taking it seriously. It's like two uneducated dumbasses half-watching the fights in a bar somewhere.

Atlas is indeed the fuckin man...his commentary is always insightful, and occasionally hilarious. He doesn't bullshit around and he focuses on what's happening IN THE RING instead of going off on some tangent about how fighter X has 5 kids or something else completely irrelevant like other commentators do.

And to the TS, read Teddy's book. It's fantastic.

Teddy is the shit.
Enjoyed his book and would rather listen to his insight over Lampley, or Joe Tessitore anyday.

TS..welcome to the forum.

Stick around and you'll catch up real quick

Like Surge mentioned above read Teddy's book.

Same here, I watch Friday Night Fights because of teddy *well the fights also* It use to be perfect when Max Kellerman did the studio show and Teddy did the boxing commentary. Perfect show but ESPN screwed it up as usual.

I need to go to amazon and order that book.

There is a 'post pictures of your mancrush' thread circulating in P&M forum...just thought I'd let you know.

The worst thing about the Vs channel is when they have classic fights. I swear, one fight will be a 2 hour broadcast. Ive never seen so many commercials and side commentary for a fight.

I like watching classic fights, but I hate it when it gets stretched out like that.

Atlas is the best announcer in any sport that I have heard.

ESPN Classics is where its at. The vs channel tries my patience.

Yeah, ESPN Classic is great and I even like just watching the old fights on ESPN2. You see some fights on there that might not have gotten a ton of publicity, but were good fights nonetheless. I saw Holyfield-Qawi on there the other night and it was a great stuff.

I Like Teddy also. His analogies are priceless and seems to have a new one every show. Example" So and so is baking a cake and he's gettin all the ingredients together." Or "So and so is like the tide coming in on the beach the waves are crashing in". What is that on the side of his face? I think I heard once he was in a knife fight and had his face slashed.

Teddy Atlas is indeed the man. Very enjoyable when he is commentating. I would like to see him replace Larry Merchant (even though he is actually paralleled by Steward). I just don't fine Merchant's drama very interesting.

My two favorite boxing guys to listen to: Teddy Atlas and Freddie Roach.

Teddy Atlas is indeed the man. Very enjoyable when he is commentating. I would like to see him replace Larry Merchant (even though he is actually paralleled by Steward). I just don't fine Merchant's drama very interesting.

My two favorite boxing guys to listen to: Teddy Atlas and Freddie Roach.

Dude. How can you not like Larry Merchant? Replace him with Jim Lampley or Manny I say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back