Media Teddy Atlas watches... Jones Gus 1

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Good video, he did Izzy v Kelvin last time. I love Atlas knowledge of the fight game in general even though he is a boxing guy mainly.

Would love to see Atlas watch a guy like Holloway next.

I’m a Huge Gustafson fan, personally I thought he would’ve gotten the nod in a 5 rounder with the performance if he was facing anyone but Jon Jones in a title tilt. The reality is that Jones doesn’t loose close decisions, actually we haven’t seen a dominant champ loose a close decision besides the Mighty Mouse, who coincidentally the UFC unceremoniously kicked to the curb after being beaten

Should've had that other guy, Stephen Smith watching with him just for the comedy alone.

I’m a Huge Gustafson fan, personally I thought he would’ve gotten the nod in a 5 rounder with the performance if he was facing anyone but Jon Jones in a title tilt. The reality is that Jones doesn’t loose close decisions, actually we haven’t seen a dominant champ loose a close decision besides the Mighty Mouse, who coincidentally the UFC unceremoniously kicked to the curb after being beaten

BJ vs. Frankie

He's a boxing guy. First talks about Jones looking to counter, then that Gus' mind is strong because he went for a TD against a guy who's forte is on the ground.

These things are just off.

He's a boxing guy. First talks about Jones looking to counter, then that Gus' mind is strong because he went for a TD against a guy who's forte is on the ground.

These things are just off.

i haven’t watched this but his adasanya vs gastelum breakdown was pretty bad.

i haven’t watched this but his adasanya vs gastelum breakdown was pretty bad.
Well this is horrible. If you only know boxing the breakdowns will be like this.

Gus doesn't want to get close cuz there's a buzzsaw waiting there

Well this is horrible. If you only know boxing the breakdowns will be like this.

Gus doesn't want to get close cuz there's a buzzsaw waiting there
He admits he knows pretty much fuck all at this point, he is putting himself out there and learning the sport as he goes. It also gives him more views than boxing videos, so don’t expect them to stop. The other guy is an mma fan and pretty much there to straighten things out when Atlas gets unsure i guess.

He admits he knows pretty much fuck all at this point, he is putting himself out there and learning the sport as he goes. It also gives him more views than boxing videos, so don’t expect them to stop. The other guy is an mma fan and pretty much there to straighten things out when Atlas gets unsure i guess.

I know MMA is not his main thing, and that he recently has found appreciation for it.

My take isn't a homer one. But if you put up breakdowns of fights you have to know your stuff. Learn it to add value. I don't think he wants to learn. I believe his ego is so big from the praise he got from boxing that his presence alone is enough to break fighters and fights down. Not the way to go.

So this is like watching a legend in soccer calling a game of American Football, without knowing the sport or the participants involved. Yep, I respect the guy, but also, goddamn he's horrible in this area.

I know MMA is not his main thing, and that he recently has found appreciation for it.

My take isn't a homer one. But if you put up breakdowns of fights you have to know your stuff. Learn it to add value. So this is like watching an legend in soccer calling a game of American Football, without knowing the sport or the participants involved.

Yep, I respect the guy, but also, goddamn he's horrible in this area.
I think it’s cool specifically because he is new to it. Have you ever showed a friend who hasn’t seen MMA a really good fight? It’s the same thing. More of a reaction than a breakdown. Israel really appreciated what Atlas had to say in the previous one he done too.

The spinning elbow stole that round for Jones. So close...

Gus could've reacted a bit better to it as well

I think it’s cool specifically because he is new to it. Have you ever showed a friend who hasn’t seen MMA a really good fight? It’s the same thing. More of a reaction than a breakdown. Israel really appreciated what Atlas had to say in the previous one he done too.

I have. Neither of us put it on youtube. And neither of us are Atlas. He is known worldwide. Anytime he speaks, and he usually speaks highly of a fighter, they thank him because they respect him. From BOXING.

While if you watch his breakdowns as a fan there's not much else than his presence to be liked. I'm sure he'd learn MMA quickly if he wanted. Then his breakdowns, because of his mind, would likely be awesome to watch.

Back