Teddy Atlas Says Khabib Is Not An Animal, He's A Genius

This is debatable, especially if you can make that training for a specific discipline a part of your daily life. We saw what happened in the Ortega fight against Korean Zombie during the time when Ortega was going through his suspension where his striking game improved dramatically from his previous fights.

If you want to argue about someone who is a true genius of fight IQ, it's most likely Jones other than anyone else who started fight training by watching Youtube vids of all things.

Khabib and Izzy's proficiency more or less results from hard consistent work (including intelligent work) more than anything else + good coaching & gameplan.
You can point to hundreds of fighters whove grappled as long as Khabib or had as much striking experience as Izzy, and theyre still not as good. Ortega's situation is different. Believe it or not but Ortega has good fight IQ, and decent hands before he got tuned up by Holloway. The years off were good for his growth since he's still young.

Are you arguing that Khabib and Izzy are not geniuses in their disciplines? Cause thats laughable.

Lmao, it's just halo effect. Was Hughes a genius? Khabib was just dedicated and opportune enough to face strikers as a strong grappler.

Teddy Atlas who knows nothing about grappling continues the celebrity dick sucking on Khabib, because it's whats "in" to do.

Dagestani fighters are tough as fuck, especially when it comes to wrestling, but hey they aren't the leading experts in striking, good they are leaving that up the westerners to be entertaining.

He was extremely good at his game. He could be a genius i suppose, but you certainly dont have to be to master a skill.

You can point to hundreds of fighters whove grappled as long as Khabib or had as much striking experience as Izzy, and theyre still not as good.
Khabib is really something on a different level when it comes to grappling since every single of his opponents couldn't deal with even amongst some of the most decorated grapplers for some reason.

This might not really be the case for Izzy if Izzy genuinely had to face a world-class kickboxer or a striker it would play out like Jones vs Gustafsson or Reyes other than anything else since Izzy almost always wants to keep the fight standing so his match-ups have mostly been favourable for him. His stellar agility and reactions assist him heavily during all of his fights though.

Mighty Mouse though, is something else entirely since he's literally good at every aspect of the MMA game like GSP for some reason instead of being stellar at one or two things above everyone else.

Ronda Rousey, having grown up with a judoka mother and immersing herself in judo resulted in her being miles above everyone else in the grappling department in her time. Too bad her camp and striking coach wasn't up to par.

Khabib is a grappling genius. I know Meryl Streep thinks MMA isnt art, and her pretending to be someone else in movies is, but some of the guys in the UFC really are geniuses in their disciplines and MMA at the highest level, is art.

You can train for a decade in striking and not be anywhere near as good as Izzy in striking or Khabib in grappling.

Poetry in motion. At least as legit as dancing on your tippy toes, and that is called performance art.
ali.gif

Khabib is a grappling genius. I know Meryl Streep thinks MMA isnt art, and her pretending to be someone else in movies is, but some of the guys in the UFC really are geniuses in their disciplines and MMA at the highest level, is art.

You can train for a decade in striking and not be anywhere near as good as Izzy in striking or Khabib in grappling.
ya... i know <DCrying>

Out of likes

Respect for this post, I know you are a conor fan, but you speak truth!

Fair play

i like to use my brain, therefore I'm genuinely curious about the reasoning behind your unpopular opinion. why do you say that?

The Michael Moorer-Vaughn Bean fight dpecifically.

Calling Moorers kid on a cell phone between rounds.

Douche

Meryl-Streep-Net-Worth-e1501671956785.jpg

Back