Teddy Atlas Says Khabib Is Not An Animal, He's A Genius

Khabib is a grappling genius. I know Meryl Streep thinks MMA isnt art, and her pretending to be someone else in movies is, but some of the guys in the UFC really are geniuses in their disciplines and MMA at the highest level, is art.

You can train for a decade in striking and not be anywhere near as good as Izzy in striking or Khabib in grappling.

Khabib is a grappling genius. I know Meryl Streep thinks MMA isnt art, and her pretending to be someone else in movies is, but some of the guys in the UFC really are geniuses in their disciplines and MMA at the highest level, is art.

You can train for a decade in striking and not be anywhere near as good as Izzy in striking or Khabib in grappling.
Amen. Three decades can go by and I wouldn't be close. That Streep quote is a great example of being short-sighted as hell dismissing anything outside your wheelhouse, straight up.

Well said

We dont mention that lady round these here parts

If you are in Dagestan... The genius move would be to pro-Islamic as fuck. Especially if you are trying to make a lot of money and not die. Wouldn't be very smart to say, "ancient made up stories that derive from nomadic desert Jews are retarded and the sauna is way more fun when tips touch."

This is debatable, especially if you can make that training for a specific discipline a part of your daily life. We saw what happened in the Ortega fight against Korean Zombie during the time when Ortega was going through his suspension where his striking game improved dramatically from his previous fights.

If you want to argue about someone who is a true genius of fight IQ, it's most likely Jones other than anyone else who started fight training by watching Youtube vids of all things.

Khabib and Izzy's proficiency more or less results from hard consistent work (including intelligent work) more than anything else + good coaching & gameplan.

Back