TED-P's lifting log. Woo Hah

Keep up the good work. At least on paper we seem to train similar. You may want to check out my log to see what I do and the improvements I have been makeing and thats without being very loyal to lifting.

Numpty said:
Keep up the good work. At least on paper we seem to train similar. You may want to check out my log to see what I do and the improvements I have been makeing and thats without being very loyal to lifting.
Haha, but you are much stronger than me.

These weights are pounds and I'm pretty new to strength and powerlifting.

But yea I'm making good progress on the squat which is my weakest lift.

Dips
Bw x 6
Bw x 6
Bw x 6
Bw x 2

Pullups
Just did one rep pull ups until I was burned out of reps.

Standing Military press.

95 x 4
95 x 4
95 x 4

Tabata Sit ups.

My gay gym only opens up til 12:00 pm today.

basically had 15 mins to work out.

I did one rep pullups until time was up.

I'm contemplating about doing tabata right now.

Tabata sit ups and lying knee raises.

DB Bench Press.

140 x 4
140 x 4
140 x 4
140 x 4 (got help on this set.)

Pull ups.
Did one pullup sets until I was tired.

Box squats........

135 x 4
135 x 4
135 x 4
135 x 4

Front squats.(I cant get the damn form right for the arms.)

65 x 6
85 x 6
85 x 6
85 x 6

One rep pullups whenever I can.

Yea days are rather lackluster.............

DB Bench press

140 x 4
140 x 4
140 x 4
150 x 1

Pullups......
I didn't keep count. Mixed it with 2 reps and one reps til I was tired.

Man I gotta start making better workout plans.

When you have only 30 mins to workout, it usually turns to crap. But this time was a bit different

Box squats

135 x 3
155 x 3
155 x 3
165 x 3
170 x 2 - new record for me.

DUMbbell front/shoulder squat. Dynamic

60 x 6
80 x 6
80 x 6

FCFighter316 said:
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP...

ur 17 185lbs and squat 170???? are you really fat?? like 80% BF?? shit man it sounded like u were one of the big guys here with u always givin advise!

is there something im not being told?
I'm starting to think the bunches in Sherdog just lack common sense, reading comprehension, or just not too bright. Not a surprise anyway.

So when am I always giving those big man advices? When I give advice I give the fundamental and obvious ones where even a nooblet can give. When I usually post advices it's common sense.

And I always ask questions and state "I aint no expert."

If you want to know, I started out with a crappy bodybuilding routine with no leg routines. All I know is, I could only squat 95 pounds for 10 reps when I first started out.

And now I can boxsquat 170 pounds two times with more to go. I predicted my max would be around 180, but now since you pissed me off its probably going to be 185 or 190 pounds. And you box squat lower than your regular squat. That's one hell of an improvement.

and I dont know how long you have been training, but I have been seriously weighlifting for about 4 months and thats all. I am fucking weak to start out with anyway, but I made one hell of an improvement and that's what I go by. Something I gained not something that was gifted to me.

Yea you can squat more than me naturally. Big whoop you wanna fight about it?

By the way, I thank you jackasses, Wenispinkle and FC fighter.

You have rekindled the fire in me again and it's gonna be a blast lifting for awhile now.

By the way, your "since i can lift more than you naturally, I am smarter in weightlifting" logic fucking blows.

Damn I cannot wait to go lifting again.

dont call me a jackass because you tried to say someone else was training like a "sissy" when your training wasnt in order and got called out on it.

and by the way, i was not commenting on your weights, i was commenting on your routine...which the last few times you lifted was 4-5 sets of 2 exercises.

wenispinkle said:
dont call me a jackass because you tried to say someone else was training like a "sissy" when your training wasnt in order and got called out on it.

and by the way, i was not commenting on your weights, i was commenting on your routine...which the last few times you lifted was 4-5 sets of 2 exercises.
Retard read the post again.

Never called his routine sissylike.

It's hard to lift much when you are pressed for time too.

BW Dips

Pullups.

2 rep pullups and 1 rep pullups until failure.

Box Squat

135 x 1
145 x 1
155 x 1
165 x 1
175 x 1
180 x 1
185 x 1
190 x 1

Front squat.
95 x 6
115 x6
135 x 3
135 x 3

Pullups.
2 rep sets until failure.

dynamic DB bench press.

110 x 6
110x 6
110 x 6
120 x 6

DB Military Press.(This is fucking hard.)

60 x 8
60 x 8
60 x 7
60 x 3

Pullups.
2 rep sets until no more.

Dynamic DB Bench press

120 x 7
120 x 7
120 x 7

Decline Dynamic.........

110 x 6
110 x 6
110 x 6

Pullups

2 rep/1 rep sets until failure.(This shit is fucking going nowhere.)

Interesting routine. If you're having problems making progress with the pull-ups, why don't you try pull-downs. I'm not sure that 1-2 reps would be conducive to progress with a BW exercise like that. IF you can't do the weight, I would take that route until I could progress into it.

FATKID said:
Interesting routine. If you're having problems making progress with the pull-ups, why don't you try pull-downs. I'm not sure that 1-2 reps would be conducive to progress with a BW exercise like that. IF you can't do the weight, I would take that route until I could progress into it.
This is a shotgun approach I adopted. It helps me stay motivated and saves time. Not the greatest strength training as I mentioned before.

I have tried pulldowns, but I just dont have the patience to go thru them and didnt make much progress.

Once I get past the 6 rep mark, the repetitions come pretty easily in my opinion.

I went to lift at the school gym today and It really sucked. The equipment they got were very nice, but the whole enviornment sucked ass balls. Also it sux that I cant eat before lifting now.

Pretty depressed right now and workout was crap so I might not post it.
We'll see later in the day maybe.

Back