Law Ted Cruz Puts a Bill to Curb Senators and Representative Term Limits

Do you agree with term limits for Congress

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What makes you think terming them out after 6 years will make Congress function better?

I use the George Costanza rule- if everything you've been doing has led you nowhere, time to do the opposite. I.e. no following the definition of insanity and doing same thing that's failing over and over again.

I use the George Costanza rule- if everything you've been doing has led you nowhere, time to do the opposite. I.e. no following the definition of insanity and doing same thing that's failing over and over again.

What exactly is your criticism of our legislature, and why are you convinced its shortcomings are caused by an absence of term limits?

What exactly is your criticism of our legislature, and why are you convinced its shortcomings are caused by an absence of term limits?

See late careers of Diane Feinstein, John McCain, Mitch McConnell. They created an environment of DNB in Congress. They'll vote for war funding, but can't allocated a dime to fix a pothole on an interstate. I don't like to have till-death-do-us-part clause when it comes to Congress. McCain is a posterchild- spent his last year in the Senate with a brain cancer, probably at 20% of his mental capacity, which was already a small capacity given his academic records.

I don't know...it says Trump has endorsed the idea, so I would suspect the Democrats will fight it tooth and nail.
Just tell them it's a way to boot out the old white men and they'll be all for it

...because they're racist.

People generally come to America to make their lives better, recognizing how awesome this nation is. The vast majority of violence in our nation is from home grown citizens, man. You're talking about immigrants wanting to turn the USA into a colony? Really?
Yea you really get the feeling that Democrats love America whenever they talk about it.

b35d9e1082735104.gif

Not sure i see the point of term limits. If you are good and are making the people happy, why should it come to an end? Start slipping and people will vote you out.

Not sure i see the point of term limits. If you are good and are making the people happy, why should it come to an end? Start slipping and people will vote you out.

If only. Congress seems to always have like a <20% approval rating and a >80% re-election rating. People are dumb and just vote for the names they recognize or along party lines regardless.

I’m on the fence but almost want them just so we don’t have to depend on the people to actually vote in a way to makes any sort of sense.

If only. Congress seems to always have like a <20% approval rating and a >80% re-election rating. People are dumb and just vote for the names they recognize or along party lines regardless.

I’m on the fence but almost want them just so we don’t have to depend on the people to actually vote in a way to makes any sort of sense.
I see that point. I just think like any other job and imagine a company saying, you are good, but have reached your seniority level. Later.

I don't know about term limits (I'm actually against them for Presidents too), but I do think it's kind of weird that Senators get 6 years and Congressmen 4. Set everyone at 4, get some sort of public funding, let's knock an election off every four years and then take a little break.

Back