Social Ted Cruz obliterates treasonous Jack Dorsey at senate hearing

Yep. Thanks for proving my point

Your point wasnt proven, the fact is that Ted Cruz is being a massive hypocrite by criticizing Twitter, Facebook or whatever.

Democrats have never said that they believe corporations should have the same rights as people.

Your point wasnt proven, the fact is that Ted Cruz is being a massive hypocrite by criticizing Twitter, Facebook or whatever.

Democrats have never said that they believe corporations should have the same rights as people.

You are agreeing with me and getting upset.

Are you confusing posters?

My first post pointed out(vaguely)Cruz is a crybaby who will do nothing because he's a whore to big business.

This debate is just in it's infancy. Within the 10 years or so we will need to start talking about this for real as these internet giants eat up other companies. How long before a company like twitter makes hardware and starts blocking sites and information you can access on your phone? These companies are only going to be getting bigger and stronger and try to impose their influence more and more.

If the tech CEOs aren't charged with treason the leftist Reich has won.

'Mr. Dorsey, who the hell elected you and put you in charge of what the media are allowed to report and what the American People are allowed to hear, and why do you persist in behaving as a Democratic super PAC silencing views to the contrary of your beliefs?" ~Ted Cruz

A speech platform is a a speech platform. Doesn't matter what you think your company is. Just like gender, speech isn't a social construct.

The American people want to hear the truth about the depth of Quid Pro Joe's corruption. Sadly, the MSM surprises information and tech CEOs are playing god.

Holy shit. Is this happening today? I thought Lindsey Graham sold out and these hearings were postponed until after the election??? RFO!

<mma4>

Oh, and I agree. Ted's kicking the shit out of him. Twitter dude is either lying through his teeth or he lives in opposite World. :p

This debate is just in it's infancy. Within the 10 years or so we will need to start talking about this for real as these internet giants eat up other companies. How long before a company like twitter makes hardware and starts blocking sites and information you can access on your phone? These companies are only going to be getting bigger and stronger and try to impose their influence more and more.
There is google Fi phone service ... what if they block your text because you said something they didn’t like ?

It’s crazy that someone like Jack, a silver spoon college drop out who just happened to be a decent software nerd could be in a position of power that rivals world leaders at this point in time.

I dont get it why is twitter obliged to give anyone a platform? They could ban all GOP or DNC senators account tomorrow for all I care. Bias yes but well within their rights as a private deal. Does rush Limbaugh have to have equal time in his radio show? Fuck no. Does sherdog have to allow me to post? Fuck no. They can ban any of us on a whim. We have no right to recourse. Why is twitter different?

Last edited:
Watching this made me laugh because I’m starting to relate to know the heads of these companies feel. No matter what policy they do, they still are going to be dragged into a DC committee hearing and get yelled at. It’s either allowing disinformation to spread or stopping free speech. They are completely fucked either way. The reality to me here is the people on these committees need to pass legislation rather than lecturing the CEOs so it’s very clear what the standard/ rule of law they have to be compliant with. At the moment, it’s just this silly cycle of yelling at them and them not knowing what to do without one of the parties getting pissed off.

The real problem with social media or anything on the internet at the moment is Washington doesn’t really know what their role should or shouldn’t be with it yet it plays such a large role in our society. I don’t even think each party has real consensus on what they want either.

Dorsey lied. you still cant tweet the newyork post story.

Always been a big fan of Cruz. These fkn social media ceo's with their robotic denial of reality sound like imbeciles. These guys are portrayed as geniuses but honestly I think they mostly just got lucky. Or maybe they are geniuses in one facet like coding, algorithms and whatnot but they are complete and utter morons in every other facet. I'm really sick of hearing about threats to take action against these companies. Let's fkn do it already

There definitely is some irony they run a “social” media platform yet they always look insanely uncomfortable in any social situation. That what makes the hearing unavoidably funny. We are asking some likely introvert / tech guy about the million implications their website/ app has on people’s behavior.

The facts, they elude thee.

Trumpism distilled: Say words, use superlatives, blend vigorously, dupe 45% of an allegedly first-world nation into regurgitating afore mentioned words and superlatives.
Son - if the thread wasn’t obvious enough, I’ll be more direct: stay off of Twitter

Watching this made me laugh because I’m starting to relate to know the heads of these companies feel. No matter what policy they do, they still are going to be dragged into a DC committee hearing and get yelled at. It’s either allowing disinformation to spread or stopping free speech. They are completely fucked either way. The reality to me here is the people on these committees need to pass legislation rather than lecturing the CEOs so it’s very clear what the standard/ rule of law they have to be compliant with. At the moment, it’s just this silly cycle of yelling at them and them not knowing what to do without one of the parties getting pissed off.

The real problem with social media or anything on the internet at the moment is Washington doesn’t really know what their role should or shouldn’t be with it yet it plays such a large role in our society. I don’t even think each party has real consensus on what they want either.
I think the answer is simple. Don’t censor any speech, at all. I would love to hear real hate speech so we know where people stand. The entitled generation has never experienced any challenges and has no clue what hate speech actually is. Those dopes like to silence Rogan, Shapiro, Peterson etc...

The MSM censors speech every day in their one sided rants. Nobody trusts the media anymore. Trump says a lot of dumb shit that gets swept away because most of the daily hit pieces are completely ludicrous stories and lies. Just look at the news today. It came out that the high ranking anonymous source was actually a low level nobody slash Anti Trumper with no access to Trump who works for Google and CNN. The NY Times lied to the face of everyone.

Fu*k Dorsey. F*ck twitter. Listen to the people who make sense. The bought left is not it.

I dont get it why is twitter obliged to give anyone a platform? They could ban all GOP or DNC senators account tomorrow for all I care. Bias yes but well within their rights as a private deal. Does rush Limbaugh have to have equal time in his radio show? Fuck no. Does sherdog have to allow me to post? Fuck no. They can ban any of us on a whim. We have no right to recourse. Why is twitter different?
Bump someone help me out here. I woulda told Cruz to go fuck himself if Dorsey.

I think the answer is simple. Don’t censor any speech, at all. I would love to hear real hate speech so we know where people stand. The entitled generation has never experienced any challenges and has no clue what hate speech actually is. Those dopes like to silence Rogan, Shapiro, Peterson etc...

The MSM censors speech every day in their one sided rants. Nobody trusts the media anymore. Trump says a lot of dumb shit that gets swept away because most of the daily hit pieces are completely ludicrous stories and lies. Just look at the news today. It came out that the high ranking anonymous source was actually a low level nobody slash Anti Trumper with no access to Trump who works for Google and CNN. The NY Times lied to the face of everyone.

Those platforms have an interest in keeping as many people engaged as possible to the site. Allowing any speech at all can have consequences for the small minority to make the place undesirable. This would be on two different fronts though, one being if the users are forced to interact with that group in someway which isn’t usually the case if there’s a block feature or one being they are allowing the hosting of a belief that could lead to radicalization and possible violence. For example, when you say any speech, we aren’t talking about something outside of the law, right? Like “I want to kill x”?

Right, im pretty sure that political affiliation rates pretty high in terms of hiring when it comes to tech companies. Not you know, actual tech skill.

You were claiming that tech giants support Democrats, that is completely false, they bat for both sides.

"trying to give them more power"

They already have the power buddy, Citizens United basically enforced that at a Constitutional level and Republicans are blocking any attempt to change that.

You are simply too much a rube to understand that its not "lets fuck with tech giants" because of how the law works (14th Amendment) if you open up legislation to control Corporations "speech" you are affecting ALL of them, not just tech giants.

That's why Republicans like Ted Cruz will bitch and cry but the moment someone tries to do something about dark money in politics... sorry, "speech" they get shot down.
Um, yeah, they've made it quite clear that they hire based on "diversity" more than merit, and even fired a guy for suggesting that women aren't as interested in computer programming as men. Holy shit if you thought computer programmers just happen to all be SJWs. I'm sure you think Hollywood is also a bipartisan community.

This has nothing to do with citizens united. Citizens united was against the election commission and had to do with campaign finance, this hearing was about protections under section 230 of the communications decency Act.

Maybe you just learned the word and like using it, but you don't get to call anyone else a "rube" if you're gullible enough to think political leaning has nothing to do with hiring practices in the tech industry and Hollywood, or that they're both nearly 100% on the far left because it would really hurt their industry.

Twitter may be a private company but the fact their business is speech, they fall under the first amendment

Being banned from Twitter is not censorship, there are other online avenues to voice an opinion. It's just not lucrative, which is why the extremist grifters want so badly to have the biggest megaphone.

Back