Technologies that exist but haven't taken off yet

+1 on 3D Printing. We keep 100 grand in small parts in inventory, most of which are nonelectrical components. One plant, and for some reason the powers-that-be won't consider supplementing or even replacing with a printer. I'm seriously considering a side business of mobile 3D printing to serve local companies but I need to do a ton of research.

Have a buddy who has satellite internet and whenever it rains and doesn't even have to be that hard his internet stops working. I would never suggest satellite internet to anyone in area where they can get traditional cable or fiber.
Totally agree. I live rural and it's better to just hotspot my phone than try to use satellite.

Probably shit load of pharmaceutical products that are being held back because they are not cost effective.

Possibly the same thing that would cost the oil / gas companies.
Shit, you’re probably right. Like nano bots that kill cancerous cells. I know they were experimenting with that. Then... nothing. I bet they worked and they only give them to OJ Simpson or some shit, just to spite everyone.

Shit, you’re probably right. Like nano bots that kill cancerous cells. I know they were experimenting with that. Then... nothing. I bet they worked and they only give them to OJ Simpson or some shit, just to spite everyone.

That's like when Magic Johnson had aids. Then he didn't.

<puh-lease75>

I think there are sections of the gov/military that are probably 20 years ahead. Who knows what they have already, that wont be visible to the public for a long time.

The thing with 3D printing is I don't want to be breathing in microscopic carcinogenic particles and the material shrinks and warps, so hard to make any non-nonsense artsy stuff.

I noticed people keep repeating electric cars. It's definitely begun to take off where I live in British Columbia, Canada. Over 90% of our electricity comes from renewable sources. I've had my Ev for 2 years, still charge it for free. Currently, 10% of all vehicles they've estimated are electric, and by 2040 they say it'll be more like 65%. They've also begun to push that by 2040 all new vehicles sold here will be Ev.

2. 3D printing - People may argue that this has "taken off" already but I disagree. It certainly has not lived up to the hype that promised it would change the world, and that everyone would be using them. It's cool that they exist but improvements have been slow and under the radar. It's a niche product for specific industries and hobbyists only at the moment. But I think someday someone's going to find a reason for everyone to have a cheap one in their house. Even if it's for little girls to make bead necklaces or something stupid like that.

It has absolutely taken off. You appear to be viewing it from the luxury perspective. In manufacturing it is ubiquitous.

Exoskeleton wearables are going to explode over the next few years. (Gloves, chairs, harness/vests, etc)

I still wonder why are artificial limbs are so shitty. Where is my retracting sword blade for my arm implants.

Where is my cyber eyes that can flip between thermal, NV and zoom!

Cyberpunk ftw

dexterity is notoriously difficult to master in the robotics world. everything that comes out of Carnegie Mellon laments their struggles with fingers and thumbs.

whatever that Stem Cell shit that the Dr on Joe Rogan was talking about

the dude that hooked up Bravo, and Mel Gibson and his Dad

I've just accepted it, but whatever Joe Biden or say Elon Musk has done CAN'T be the best science can do for balding

also, how are Acne or Eczema or Rosacea still things?

Gotta go with microchipping people with their information...

but it'll catch on once the antichrist fella shows up on the scene....

Back