Techniques from Head & Arm control (side)

demonx

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have limited in techniques from head and arm (side) control, so I was hoping for a heap of suggestions.

I always fall intop this position and submit with a figure 4 using my legs, but I am sick of using that as my only submission from that position.

Suggestions please?

well...you can get an arm triangle side choke from there......do a sitout, and it makes it tighter....but make sure you have it locked.

you can also do a scarf crank from there, you can set up a triangle, you can step over thier head and work a kimura on the opposite arm...Im pretty sure you can get an armbar outta that somewhere too....

OH!...you can hook the leg and go for a knee bar from there too.

I'll have a play with the triangle. I'm assuming you mean a triangle from the mount?

I'd be a bit tricky getting from the head/arm control to a triangle mount, but it will give me something to mess around with.

if it's gi then there's a bunch of chokes from there, i try force the underhooked arm and go for arm triangle. and what T&B said, step over for the kimura or keep spinning for the armbar.

demonx said:
I'll have a play with the triangle. I'm assuming you mean a triangle from the mount?

I'd be a bit tricky getting from the head/arm control to a triangle mount, but it will give me something to mess around with.

check out Takase vs Anderson Silva.....youll get what Im talkin about.

ok, I just watched that match, I know now what you are talking about. THats some sneaky but good stuff.

The reason I was confused is cause we were talking about a different head/arm control. This match is opposite side, whereas I normally use same side.

Still something to have a mess around with.

Back