Technique Cormier should implement to secure victory

Kowboy Karl

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Foot stomps

The way he uses an under hook to pin his opponent against the cage and holds the fence or the top of the fence creates the perfect opportunity to foot stomp jones. I've heard he's a size 15 which would indicate a large target area to hit.

As stocky, compact and explosive dc is he could easily end the fight this way. Especially if he were to hit the toe jones injured in the Chael fight.

Don't be surprised if he unveils this new wrinkle as aka camp is one of the best and surely will see this weaknessin the jones armor

the-three-stooges.jpg

Good call, bro. I hope DC kicks him in the balls, pokes his eyes and teabags him too.

DC getting the TKO victory with viscous foot stomps would be the greatest moment in the history of MMA.

Backing Jones into the cage and cornering him there. Dirty box. Take him down from the clinch against the cage. Stay in his face. Leave no room. Don't gas out in the process. Be ready for weird spinning elbows and such.

The bones in the top of the foot can break quite easily if you strike the heel to the top of the arch correctly, if DC did implement the foot stomp, he could easily do more damage then simply cracking a toe, If Jones can throw fingers into every competitors eyes then I see no reason why Dc cant legally wreck on jones's feet. with that being said... I see DC winning this fight the way Couture beat Tito.

Backing Jones into the cage and cornering him there. Dirty box. Take him down from the clinch against the cage. Stay in his face. Leave no room. Don't gas out in the process. Be ready for weird spinning elbows and such.

That would be my gameplan as well. Foot stomps are not a bad idea though.

Have foot stomps ever been used to great effect, in any fight? I can't even recall anyone using them.

I was going to say belly-to-belly suplex, but yeah, foot stomps work too.

DC should go for the oil check

It would be gross if Jones' toe went flying off

Have foot stomps ever been used to great effect, in any fight? I can't even recall anyone using them.

I remember for a bit they seemed to be pretty popular. I remember Leben using them in at least a couple of fights.

UFC was so everywhere at the time, my roommate at one point - his girlfriend at the time who wasn't even at all into UFC caught enough fights because of him/us that she even would use footstomps on him sometimes just to be funny

This is truly the best way to beat Jon Jones...this was what Gilbert Melendez was implementing nicely until he got caught by Pettis. It's extremely hard to implement this strategy against someone the calibre of Jon Jones for 5 rounds. Randy Couture was the best executor of this gameplan. In all likelihood , Cormier will get cut by an elbow during this fight.

i ain't no fighting expert but i think DC should try to punch Jones in the face as hard as he can and take it from there

Back