Technique breakdown of why Till's lead-uppercut failed vs Woodley

noob here, just nice to see actual insight and analysis. does everyone think it boils down to Till wasn't ready/too young? he's what 25, and Woodley 36? also did anyone make a nice bet on woodley and laugh all the way to the bank?
I don't think it only comes down to that, but was it a factor? Maybe. I think Woodley is extremely smart and maybe Till was outsmarted in certain situations. Experience will improve that.

I don't think it only comes down to that, but was it a factor? Maybe. I think Woodley is extremely smart and maybe Till was outsmarted in certain situations. Experience will improve that.

Woodley is smart outside the cage. He doesnt actually have any kind of not worthy good fight IQ inside the cage though

You take away his right hand (either via stepping away from it, lead shoulder deflecting, leadhand control, fienting out the right hand "counter") and you render him completely ineffective

Woodley is a bit over rated

And it def was a case of Till not being experienced enough, still being fairly green, and just not knowing the proper ways to do things/how to set up etc

Woodley would murder Conor and his scrub coaching. He's being trained by Freddie Roach. Rewatch the first round of the Mendes fight. Conor was getting Lit up on the feet

Yikes

Conor was completely outclassing Mendes on the feet

Do you even realise that you are widely considered a joke and that most here see you as a huge delusional troll/hater?

You are the one with a bad rep. Not me.

Yikes

Conor was completely outclassing Mendes on the feet

Do you even realise that you are widely considered a joke and that most here see you as a huge delusional troll/hater?

You are the one with a bad rep. Not me.
What go read the comments in your threads. Everyone clowns you.

You pretty much desribed yourself talking about me. You're the definition of Oblivious.

Till only lost because he didn't warm up properly in the changing room.

Yeah, DC was on fire this weekend explaining technique. I remember his breakdown of Aljo's can opener (I believe was the name of the submission) was really insightful.

Anyway I'm pretty sure what he said was that it's not the lead uppercut itself, but the combo he threw. In between punches when you're loading up the straight cross, your chin is exposed long enough to be countered. He goes on to say only Conor should be doing this.

Though my boy is an amazing MMA mind, he is primarily a grappler/comes from a grappling background. Duane Ludwig released a video on how to disrupt the timing of your opponent in order to land the combo. I like the response, goes along with the martial arts philosophy of Bruce Lee that everything works, it's all about when you use it.

Yeah, DC was on fire this weekend explaining technique. I remember his breakdown of Aljo's can opener (I believe was the name of the submission) was really insightful.

Anyway I'm pretty sure what he said was that it's not the lead uppercut itself, but the combo he threw. In between punches when you're loading up the straight cross, you're chin is exposed long enough to be countered. He goes on to say only Conor should be doing this.

Though my boy is an amazing MMA mind, he is primarily a grappler/comes from a grappling background. Duane Ludwig released a video on how to disrupt the timing of your opponent in order to land the combo. I like the response, goes along with the martial arts philosophy of Bruce Lee that everything works, it's all about when you use it.

It was a full nelson. He used it in 2 different fights now.

What go read the comments in your threads. Everyone clowns you. You pretty much desribed yourself talking about me.
Hallucinating your own version of reality lol?

Is that why whenever I make a breakdown thread I average about 30 + likes per thread? I've gotten many more on others

Likes are irrelvant but still, it shows people at least enjoy reading some of my threads

It's just you and the same 5 delusional Conor haters talking shit. That doesn't really count for anything nor does it mean anything to me lol

Actual objective posters like my posts and appreciate my breakdowns and insight. Even if was just 1 person who enjoyed a breakdown or some insight and came out with a better understanding of fighting after, that would still be worth it to me.

The only people who ever agree with you are other like minded haters "birds of the same feather"

The circle jerk you and hitto always have together over hating on Conor is pretty pathetic as well if im being honest. It could just be your alternate account if anything

Last edited:
Its simply the basics

Conor never comes in on the center line

Conor will level change, dip to his right, and come up with more of an uprising (or "corkscrew") uppercut into the step out to left straight. All much much more difficult stuff to read or time.

Where as Till came in on a straight line with a lead uppercut, which is a huge no no

Tony Ferguson has this same huge flaw too. Tony always come in straight, and way too upright, with lead uppercuts

Conor does it right with great defensive responsibility and superior offcenter positioning of his head and feet

He mentions how what Conor does is a Primce Naseem thing. Conor comes up from a level change to make it much more harder to read etc. Marvin Hagler actually did it a lot like how Conor does it.

Also what he doesn't mention is the process before it

Of how Conor is always probing with his leadhand, controlling, dictating, constantly fienting to keep an opponent off set etc

So that's why it's even harder for opponents to ever get the drop on Conor

Here is an example of Conor using leadhand probing rhythm manipulation to set up that combo against Holloway In one instance

BBB.gif

Look how Conor conditions Holloway to keep swatting away his lead hand...and then when Holloway is expecting to swat away a 3rd probe from Conor, boom that's when Conor goes underneath on the off beat ambushing Holloway completey out of position

That's the next level skill and genuis IQ of Conor

And Conor has DOZENS of different set ups for that one combo alone

Meanwhile, not only does Till come in dead center on with a lead uppercut (already bad enough) but Till always steps into it while having done zero fienting and or zero misdirections to disguise etc

At least if Till fiented his opponent out beforehand he could maybe get away with coming in on a straight line with a leadhand uppercut. But Till doesn't even do that

Till is literallly an amature

Conor simply operates on another universe conpared to everyone on MMA

It's a shame how under rated Conor is because Conor is genuinely the most skilled and most intelligent striker/boxer MMA history has ever seen at the championship level

You have "newbs" who know nothing about fighting who truly "believe" that Till (or Woodley) are better strikers then Conor...

LOL

Cough
@elcj
@Killashaw
@Dankoz
@ANIM4L
Cough cough cough
Written a similar post not as eloquently put or detailed but I agree Conors skills are seriously underrated and they'll be all that much better after dedicating a full camp to floyd

You are a schizophrenic hallucinating your own version of reality lol

Is that why whenever I make a breakdown thread I average about 30 + likes per thread? I've gotten many more on others

Likes are irrelvant but still, it shows people at least enjoy reading some of my threads

It's just you and the same 5 delusional Conor haters talking shit. That doesn't really count for anything nor does it mean anything to me lol

Actual objective posters like my posts and appreciate my breakdowns and insight

Where as the only people who ever agree with you are other like minded delusional haters "birds of the same feather"

The circle jerk you and hitto always have together is pretty pathetic
Those are probably because you kiss ass with the conor crew. Hell I got more likes than you and I'm newer. You're just mad because I dont believe your bullshit and I called you out on it.

Lead uppercut against a powerful counter striker. What can go wrong? Oh wait....everything.

The actual sub, where he extended the leg and hurt Stamman's knee.
DC called it a Banana Split (or spladle wrestling move) but it was a variation of a knee bar.

Last edited:
DC called it a Banana Split (wrestling move) but it was a variation of a knee bar.
Right on, yeah his breakdown of that was great. Went over Aljo's setup and everything. Was really cool to watch. Which did you like more? Zabit or Aljo's?

Right on, yeah his breakdown of that was great. Went over Aljo's setup and everything. Was really cool to watch. Which did you like more? Zabit or Aljo's?
I have to rewatch the fights. Aljo locked it up so fast I didnt get a good read on it. Zabit was impressive because the opponent talked trash about his jits and he pulls off such a crazy finish. Didnt expect to see that from a back ride. I guess I like them both equally.

zabits was cleaner for sure!! he hooked davis' off leg with his own leg while applying the knee bar to davis' other. hence 'banana split'... you separate (split) the two legs.

aljo hit it first, so points for originality... but both his hooks were still in from back mount and thus it was a little more basic imo

Its simply the basics

Conor never comes in on the center line

Conor will level change, dip to his right, and come up with more of an uprising (or "corkscrew") uppercut into the step out to left straight. All much much more difficult stuff to read or time.

Where as Till came in on a straight line with a lead uppercut, which is a huge no no

Tony Ferguson has this same huge flaw too. Tony always come in straight, and way too upright, with lead uppercuts

Conor does it right with great defensive responsibility and superior offcenter positioning of his head and feet

He mentions how what Conor does is a Primce Naseem thing. Conor comes up from a level change to make it much more harder to read etc. Marvin Hagler actually did it a lot like how Conor does it.

Also what he doesn't mention is the process before it

Of how Conor is always probing with his leadhand, controlling, dictating, constantly fienting to keep an opponent off set etc

So that's why it's even harder for opponents to ever get the drop on Conor

Here is an example of Conor using leadhand probing rhythm manipulation to set up that combo against Holloway In one instance

BBB.gif

Look how Conor conditions Holloway to keep swatting away his lead hand...and then when Holloway is expecting to swat away a 3rd probe from Conor, boom that's when Conor goes underneath on the off beat ambushing Holloway completey out of position

That's the next level skill and genuis IQ of Conor

And Conor has DOZENS of different set ups for that one combo alone

Meanwhile, not only does Till come in dead center on with a lead uppercut (already bad enough) but Till always steps into it while having done zero fienting and or zero misdirections to disguise etc

At least if Till fiented his opponent out beforehand he could maybe get away with coming in on a straight line with a leadhand uppercut. But Till doesn't even do that

Till is literallly an amature

Conor simply operates on another universe conpared to everyone on MMA

It's a shame how under rated Conor is because Conor is genuinely the most skilled and most intelligent striker/boxer MMA history has ever seen at the championship level

You have "newbs" who know nothing about fighting who truly "believe" that Till (or Woodley) are better strikers then Conor...

LOL

Cough
@elcj
@Killashaw
@Dankoz
@ANIM4L
Cough cough cough

Best pro Conor post I've read. If only sherdog hadnt been flooded with mindless trolls at the start of his rise.

Those are probably because you kiss ass with the conor crew. Hell I got more likes than you and I'm newer. You're just mad because I dont believe you bullshit and I called you out on it.
Well I go inactive for long periods of time

I average a very little amount of posts per day

I also don't make a lot of threads

Unlike Conor haters who go farming for easy likes with constant troll posts and troll threads looking for validation from each other and circle jerk liking each other constantly

I bet I average far more likes per post/thread then you

But that's irrelvant really.

Anyone can see that the quality of my posts are far greater then yours

You NEVER contribute anything

Where as I actually contribute gifs/breakdowns/insight/videos etc

You've also never called me out successfully. Youre weird. Ive never seen you raise a legit counter point ever.

"Mendes was lighting Conor on the feet" I guess that's what you call "calling me out"

It's obvious to see you are the troll here

You can continue hating on Conor all you. You are free to. No one really cares.

Your "opinion" means literally zero to me.

Delusional people will always be delusional

I don't ever try to "convince" people btw

I simply break down footage and only let people know what's there and what the footage showed

I then make my own educated conclusions based on the footage...as other people can do as well.

What is sad is when Conor haters are so blinded by hate and or ignorant to fighting, they blatantly disregard actual reality to continue pushing your false narratives

"The Conor crew" >>>>>>your group of Conor haters btw. I bet hitto is your alternate account

Last edited:
Well I go inactive for long periods of time

I average a very little amount of posts per day

I also don't make a lot of threads

Unlike you Conor haters who go farming for easy likes with troll posts and ate always circle jerk liking each other's posts

I bet I average far more likes per post/thread then you

But that's irrelvant really.

Anyone objective can see that the quality if my posts are far greater then yours

You NEVER contribute anyyhing

Where as I actually contribute gifs/breakdowns/insight/videos etc

You've also never called me out successfully. Youre weird. You've never ever raised a legit counter point.

Also you can continue gating on Conor all you. You are free to. No one really cares.

Your "opinion" means literally zero

Delusional people will always be delusional

I don't ever try to "convince" people btw

I simply break down footage and only let people know what's there and what the footage showed

I then make my own educated conclusions based on the footage...as other people can do as well.

What is pathetic however is when Conor haters are so deluded with hate and ignorant to fighting, they blatantly disregard actual reality to continue pushing your own false narratives

"The Conor crew" >>>>>>your group of Conor haters

I bet hitto is your alternate account
You're fucking crazy. Seriously.

According to you you post nothing but quality content that gets 30+ likes. Unlike you, I post on more topics than Conor. The reason I post a lot about Conor is because most of threads created are about him or some fanboy hijacks a thread to shill him. You talk about being objective but you are far from it. Your breakdowns are cherry picked and one sided. We all see the fights and understand what were watching. You think you need to educate a martial arts forum? Get real.

You are way too invested in the delusion you created in your head. Im just here talking about all things MMA. BTW retard, I dont know who hitto is you nutcase.

Last edited:
Woodley would murder Conor and his scrub coaching. He's being trained by Freddie Roach. Rewatch the first round of the Mendes fight. Conor was getting Lit up on the feet and on the ground by a wrestler.

You cherry picking highlights to make a narrative is why no one respects your insight.

The fact you don't see how talented Co
Woodley is smart outside the cage. He doesnt actually have any kind of not worthy good fight IQ inside the cage though

You take away his right hand (either via stepping away from it, lead shoulder deflecting, leadhand control, fienting out the right hand "counter") and you render him completely ineffective

Woodley is a bit over rated

And it def was a case of Till not being experienced enough, still being fairly green, and just not knowing the proper ways to do things/how to set up etc

Yes why doesn't Till just strike like the best striker in mma, it's that easy.

Also Woodley a long time multiple time defending champion who's defended against every type of fighter and who is extremely analytical about mma.

If anyone's the idiot it's you

Back