Technically, Conor and Khabib don't even need the UFC for their Fight

THE-06

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Why let Dana get rich and take over half the purse? I could easily see this fight hit a billion dollars, maybe even two.
Would Khabib turn down a fight if he was going to get a BILLION dollars? I doubt it.
Just take Dana out of the equation.

The combined gate and PPV revenue from the first fight was around $173,000,000

There's no chance somebody is paying 2 billion dollars for this fight
Just remove the middle man

removing the middle man doesn’t make it sell over 1000%... it’ll probably sell considerably less considering we’ve seen the fight already and it wouldn’t have the ufc machine behind it.

Khabib can run but he cant hide.
Sounds like Conor's cardio problems which he can't escape which make it possible for him to lose any fight.

Better hope Conor wins in the first 2 rounds against Dustin or you're in for a fucked up night buddy boy <Lmaoo>

5 losses on his record because he has quit and bad gastank on him

Khabib can run but he cant hide.
What does that even mean? If "running" means staying retired, which is something he surely can, what does "hiding" mean and why can't Khabib do it? Does it mean that he can't keep his retirement a secret? Well, Khabib made sure of that, when he very publicly retired and declared as much live on PPV.

Please elaborate with your explanation.

A. There are marketing costs associated that Conor and Khabib would have to eat
B. There are production costs associated with holding the event that Conor and Khabib would have to eat
C. There are PPV partners that would require a cut of any PPV proceeds.
D. Conor and Khabib are both under contract with UFC and would get sued and pay the legal costs on top of any damages awarded to UFC.

Even if that single fight were to somehow garner 5m PPVs, at $70, that would still only be $350,000,000, not considering the PPV provider's 50% (or more) cut. The highest MMA gate in history was a bit over $17m. Not sure where TS is getting this idea of "billions".

removing the middle man doesn’t make it sell over 1000%... it’ll probably sell considerably less considering we’ve seen the fight already and it wouldn’t have the ufc machine behind it.
It could. PPVs are locked behind secondary, and unnecessary espn paywall at the moment.

Why let Dana get rich and take over half the purse? I could easily see this fight hit a billion dollars, maybe even two.
Would Khabib turn down a fight if he was going to get a BILLION dollars? I doubt it.
Have you ever heard of contracts?

Clearly you didn't think this through before making a thread.

<Moyes5><Prem973>

Have you ever heard of contracts?

Clearly you didn't think this through before making a thread.
Conor doesn't have a contract. And Khabib has retired. GSP no longer has a contract either so thats even a possibility.

Conor doesn't have a contract. And Khabib has retired. GSP no longer has a contract either so thats even a possibility.
Jesus, are you fucking stupid?

Them making the decision to retire doesn't mean they can fight somewhere else. If Khabib or GSP ever fight again they have to do so under the UFC. They still have to honor their contract. Unless the UFC allows them to fight elsewhere which will never happen.

Pretty sure Conor is still under contract as well.

Back