Technical split decision

Iron Skin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<JagsKiddingMe>

The fight should have been ruled a no contest

Edit:

Romanov won a split technical decision. The third round only had 1 minute and 5 seconds due to an illegal knee to the balls, but every round was judged.

Last edited:
First time I've ever heard of it, and it's already the DUMBEST of it's kind, hopefully we won't have to see another one.

Espino was controlling Romanov anyway, so he could have arguably got the Decision despite that foul. Just bad all around.

Horrible decision as well. I have no idea how anybody gives that fight to Romanov, let alone 2 out of the 3 judges. Round 1 was a positional battle for the most part and Espino had the big takedown and fucking mount for a good amount of time. Round 2 was Romanov's. Round 3, based on the minute it lasted, was clearly controlled by Espino. At least score round 3 a draw or something.

hAnxS0u.gif

<JagsKiddingMe>

The fight should have been ruled a no contest
Well it's like boxing where after a certain number of rounds the fight becomes "official" and then if an accidental foul stops it they go to technical decision. I think it's 4 rounds for a 12-round boxing match.

In MMA they go to technical decision if the fight is more than half over (so 3rd round of a 3-rounder, or 4th round of a 5-rounder).

I must suck because I didn't even know that was a thing.

As someone who was looking forward to Romanov and his potential threat to the division, Espino was robbed. Espino should have won

UFC and athletic commission are literally making decisions off the cuff. Literally the last three fight cards had different outcomes from fouls. Not a good look for a premiere sports league.

Horrible decision as well. I have no idea how anybody gives that fight to Romanov, let alone 2 out of the 3 judges. Round 1 was a positional battle for the most part and Espino had the big takedown and fucking mount for a good amount of time. Round 2 was Romanov's. Round 3, based on the minute it lasted, was clearly controlled by Espino. At least score round 3 a draw or something.

You can't give the fucking fight to a guy who ended the fight without the nutshot.

You ever been kneed in the balls by a 258 pounds trained fighter? Let us know how it feels.

So if you’re winning 2 rounds to none....just knee the guy in the balls and cement the win? Why risk it?

wtf?

You can't give the fucking fight to a guy who ended the fight without the nutshot.

You ever been kneed in the balls by a 258 pounds trained fighter? Let us know how it feels.

What's your point exactly? I'm not dissing Romanov in any way for not continuing. But you can't give the fight to Romanov based on the fact that he got fouled. Accidentally, mind you. If we're judging that on the fight itself, it was a clear win for Espino. Judges were told to score round 3. They must have either given that or round 1 to Romanov which makes no sense at all. If you're gonna be like tf nothing happened in round 3, then score it a draw. That was a bad decision.

Reeked of bullshit. Something most definitely shady about that win for Romanov.

I must suck because I didn't even know that was a thing.
3 UFC fights I know of that ended by technical majority decision:
Jarjis Danho lost to Daniel Omielanczuk (groin strike)
Alan Belcher lost to Michael Bisping (eye poke)
Gian Villante lost to Ovince Saint Preux (eye poke)

In all of those fights the guy who got fouled lost. 1 judge scored a draw and the other 2 scored it for the winner.

Back