Technical Muay Thai fighter

Ah ok :)

But always remember: keep it basic, it works!

Jet Lag I've went to MT for months before, but I had an shoulder injury and have just started back.

That doesn't change the fact that you're still learning to apply the basics. There's nothing wrong with that mind you, because I don't care who you are or what level you think you're at--you're always learning to apply the basics because there's always going to be challenges in learning muay thai and fighting in general. However that doesn't mean you can't also study footage of thai fighters that inspire you. In fact it may help to mold you into the fighter you want to be.

You can test out things you see, how they're done, to see which way your own body prefers. Or you can just learn the core technique and develop your own flair on how to go about doing things.

Most of it is trial and error in sparring. You'll notice certain tactics and methods of doing things that will reward you with success. You'll also notice certain things that will not. You will only notice that what works against one person will not work on the next, and so you'll need to be varied in your approach, flexible, and adaptive.

FWIW, I personally like Saenchai, Buakaw, Samart, and Yodsanklai. I also liked Malaipet when he gave a shit.

Saenchai Sor. Kingstar, who is just technically AMAZING. No need to describe him really, he is P4P best right now.

Yodsanklai Fairtex, with an unmatched power/pressure game. He also has insane timing and perfect technique. There's a reason why they call him "The Boxing Computer."

Jomhod Kiatadisak, one of the best Thai fighters of this generation. Although retired now I would say his technique and timing were on another level in his prime, he made Ramon Dekkers look like a scared little girl in their fight.

Giorgio Petrosyan, he is a K-1 fighter and not pure Muay Thai, but his technical proficiency and power and unrivaled in K-1. Just watch some of his fights.

Anyone know where I can download full length fights of these guys? I'm really interested in Yodsanklai Fairtex right now.

Anyone know where I can download full length fights of these guys? I'm really interested in Yodsanklai Fairtex right now.
You can find a lot of fights on Youtube.

I seem to pick up more from watching pro's train vs watching them fight.

Here's my youtube page where I've compiled A LOT of training/seminar/instructional footage of pro Kickboxers and Nakmuay:

YouTube - snubnoze707's Channel

When I started training I was doing boxing for about two months learning basic combo's and slipping and footwork, and all the jazz. That really helped my Muay Thai out a lot. I would suggest focusing on Boxing starting out than shifting to Muay Thai

This is a lot like saying "I want to become a bad ass drummer." Well, do you know how much practice that takes?

If you're serious, find a good school, and put in the hours. It's a lifestyle. You'll be sore a lot. The reward is not instant. Keep that in mind in case you require immediate gratification.

This is a lot like saying "I want to become a bad ass drummer." Well, do you know how much practice that takes?

If you're serious, find a good school, and put in the hours. It's a lifestyle. You'll be sore a lot. The reward is not instant. Keep that in mind in case you require immediate gratification.

This.
I would watch kickboxers like Andy Souwer or Kyshenko if you're just starting out just because he sticks to the basics and applies them well. 99% of the stuff Samart and Saenchai does is impossible if you lack near complete hip/groin flexibility, balance and reflexes developed from a young age.

Samart is my favorite MT fighter of all time, I could watch his fights over and over again.

As for kickboxers, I'm a big fan of Petrosyan, Ghita, Souwer and old school LeBanner.

You can find a lot of fights on Youtube.

I seem to pick up more from watching pro's train vs watching them fight.

Here's my youtube page where I've compiled A LOT of training/seminar/instructional footage of pro Kickboxers and Nakmuay:

YouTube - snubnoze707's Channel

Thanks so much, are you currently training in Muay Thai also?

Guys I understand it takes time, but when I'm not training I would like to do research and watch videos. That way while I'm resting I'm learning something. My training time is currently limited too, so I look at this a good use of my time.

Back